• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters in DBZ that could beat Popeye

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's... not how the absorption works in DBZ?

Arceus was also the same tier?

Low 2-C? yes.

If I remember correctly, those who are absorbed by Buu, given enough time, would've become nothing. Cell is more iffy, but it's pretty clear they were dead (except for the androids). Mind manipulation is useless because Popeye doesn't have a way of taking down Popeye. Sealing is useless because plot, time, and space manipulation can get him out of it easy.

I was referring to 4-B ovo.

Really?I remember that Fat Buu was still in Super Buu's body despite being one of the first to be absorbed. Likewise, Super Buu became Ultra Buu, despite that Supreme Kai being long gone if we're assuming what you said is correct. Idk what's with the absorbing with Cell, though the fact that she was knocked out at being spit out would suggest it knocks you out at the very least, which makes it hard to use most of his hax. Uh, what? Having your enemy under your control sounds like a victory, at least I believe it is. Well considering how Elder Kai didn't die 15 Supreme Kai generations ago or go mad, I'm not exactly sure if those hax work with this kind of sealing.

@Crop I see, is on his page or do you have a scan?

You do realize the entire Buu Saga is a few hours. Not nearly long enough. And Ultra transformation, I doubt he did that in the manga. I did explicitly say "except the androids" and Cell is more likely to do his drinking absorption than his vore absorption. Not to mention that you can wake up from unconsciousness, especially considering you can regen from nonexistence. It would be a victory if Babidi was capable of using his mind manipulation in any competent way. And finally, assumption, I think. Elder Kai had no hax and clearly knew he was sealed. So it's far more likely that he was forced to wait it out. He's immortal so it's not impossible for him to do that.

Where does Popeye's mid-godly regen come from? Also can't Zen'o beat people with mid-godly regen, I'd say he caps at High-godly regen.

@Cal how would Janemba beat a person with mid-godly regen?

How does mind manipulation get negated by regen? How can sealing get negated
if what u said was truth then itachi or other mind manipulation user could beat any top Tier

Yes, that is true. But then that brings the question, where did you get the entire becoming nothing part? A quick search and a view on Majin Buu's Vsbattles page proves he existed in the manga. True, but given the speed disadvantage, it isn't far off to say Cell might try when he finally gets tired of not succeeding. If it was as simple as you make it out to be, then the Androids and Kais would have been awake for quite a bit trying to get out, especially the Androids. I don't understand, how is mind control not competent? Actually, considering how there are Supreme Kai generations, the fact that they age, and there isn't 60 supreme kais, it seems that they do die from age. Also while he didn't have any hax, he should be able to teleport like the main Supreme Kai can.

@Omimi what? Are you legitimately saying regen negates mind manipulation and sealing? Also, sealing and mind manipulation has worked quite a bit against stronger foes, ie Babidi on Dabura, the Mafuba on F Zamasu, and that's not restricted to DBZ.

Sealing and Mind Manipulation may work on Popeye.

However I'd think restoring your entire body, soul and conciousness back exactly way it originally was despite being destroyed beyond the most basic of levels of being is a far greater feat than resisting having your matter changed.

If Popeye is able to restore his cells, molecules, atoms, quantum foam, conciousness and soul from complete non-existence. Then I see no reason why he couldn't restore his matter being slightly altered by Candy Beam or Stone Spit.

Well I believe it's quite presumptuous to say Cell can absorb the powers of someone literally infinitely superior to him.

Even if we assume Cell could absorb Popeye, he's just going to destroy his body and possibly his soul/conciousness. Popeye can come back from that.

Simply put no one in DB is able to permanantly kill Popeye. The best anyone can do is erase his existence, which he has come back from.

To be honest I'm not really sure if Mind Manipulation would work either. Again Popeye is capable of restoring his mind, his conciousness, his thoughts, his personality, his memory and his soul exactly the way it once was prior to being completely erased. This should be a far greater than simply restoring your mind the way it was after it got altered, similar to why transmutation likely wouldn't work.

If the goal is to incapacitate him then perhaps sealing is the best bet. Though his Spacial, Time and Plot Manipulation may be able to help counter that. However the profile doesn't explain how he applies these abilities so I'm not sure.

@Ryukama I see, but wouldn't the regen only work on an existence and biological level in that case?

Furthermore, as I've explained above, Beerus' sealing is pretty capable as well, less we would have a corpse instead of Elder Kai. And what about Majin Buu's absorption?

Literally everything I said about Cell's absorption can be said about Buu's.

• It's very presumptuous to say Buu can absorb powers infinitely greater than his.
  • Buu's absorption cannot destroy Popeye on a level he can't come back from.
And I'm not sure what you mean. However I'd think logically Popeye being able to restore himself entirely to the immense levels he has would be greater than simply restoring slight alterations towards lesser parts of his whole being.

Also I don't see how Beerus's sealing possibly giving Old Kai immortality/longevity/did something to maybe make him live longer than he normally would've means that Time, Spacial and Plot Manipulation can't help Popeye escape. This is of course, depending on how Popeye uses these powers, which I'm not sure of.

@SomebodyData

Are you legitimately saying regen negates mind manipulation and sealing?

no i didnt mean that

sealing and mind manipulation has worked quite a bit against stronger foes, ie Babidi on Dabura, the Mafuba on F Zamasu, and that's not restricted to DBZ.

agreed

Popeye is 4-B, and only then possibly Low 2-C. I'm using the 4-B one as I've stated already. Low 2-C would not be absorbed without NLF, that is pretty obvious.

Buu's absorption does not destroy, as I pointed out with Ultra Buu and the entire reason why Goku and Vegeta were even able to get their children + Piccolo out of Buu.

Still don't think that is how it works, what you're suggesting sounds more like his body being restored through time.

I see

That is an assumption with literally no support, especially when you consider Beerus doesn't even have that power.

@Omini I see, I assumed that given your counter-example you were trying to, sorry.

@SD Well I thought that Low 2-C was being used in the OP. I'm not even sure if 4-B Popeye has the Mid-Godly regen. But couldn't Popeye get away away from Buu by beating him from the inside?

And then I have no idea what you mean with Beerus's sealing. The fact Old Kai didn't die within the seal really isn't that relevant.

@Ryu Well, last time I checked, didn't Vegito use a specific barrier to not be absorbed completely, hence able to roam around?

Well, you see, the fact is that it would mean that the sealing places him in limbo (like most fiction). I.e. something aka to timelessness.

@Cal IDK.

@SD to quote you, "That is an assumption with literally no support"

There's nothing that states or shows that Beerus places someone in timeless limbo, and that's the reason why Old Kai has lived this long.

It's simply that he sealed Old Kai in the sword millions of years ago. You're thinking far too into this and making a convulted reason as to why Old Kai has survived all this time.

He could just have a lifespan that long. Other deities have easily lived for millions of years. Or there's some other reason why Old Kai didn't die. Nothing suggests Beerus puts someone within a separate dimension with no time inside that sword. We can't assume Beerus has an ability that he's never demonstrated or been said to possess.

My bad. That was quite an assumption.

Hmm since the Sealing can't be decided yet, what do you think about the mind control and Buu absorption? While both are effective on 4-B Popeye, the same can't be said for Low 2-C Popeye. By any chance was he stated to be 4-D or a higher plane of existence? If so, then not even mind manipulation would work since it would be NLF to assume 4-D mind manipulation. However, a 3-D being with 4-D powers should be effected.

Well like I said, Popeye's Regenerationn should be greater than resisting DB's mind manipulation.

However I am not sure if 4-B Popeye has Mid-Godly Regenerationn. As it's with spinach that he defeated the writer, which is presumably where he came back from being erased.

If 4-B Popeye also has the regen, I still don't think mind manipulating or transmutation would work on him. Absorption may be able to incapacitate him. I'm not sure.

As I said, why would someone who is able to restore their mind, their conciousness,their thoughts, their personality, their memory and their soul exactly the way it once was prior to being completely erased not be able to restore just their mind from being slightly altered?

Just stating this again, trying to make it understandable:

While it is true that he can regenerate all that, it doesn't necessarily mean he can heal from a magical form of manipulation. I think an example would be like how nullifying biological regen =/= nullifying conceptual ones.

I still stick to my previous statement. Babidi is not that good of a mind manipulator to just shut down Popeye or turn him into a mindless slave. All he's done was made people more evil. They still had a mind of their own. Dabura did. Vegeta did. Spopovich did. Other than Vegeta, they treated him like they were his servants rather than his puppets.

What I'm saying is that if a character is able to have their minds completely erased, yet they restore it with all their previous memories, thoughts, etc. intact and unchanged, they shouldn't be helpless to simply their personality being slightly changed.

Restoring the mind back to the way it was from complete non existence should be far superior to restoring the mind back to the way it was from slight tweaking. The same way Cal was saying he shouldn't be able to get one shot by simple transmutation.

But regardless if they're treated here as separate, I'm fine with that and am not going to keep arguing against the way it works here.

Actually, unless morals are turned off, Vados, Arale, Android 18, maybe even Bulma and Chi Chi would stomp Popeye. It's not listed on his profile, but Popeye has an honor code that prevents him from harming women as generally seen from the villain, Sea Hag. Sea Hag is the one villain in the Popeye universe that Popeye cannot defeat with physical blows simply because she's a woman and Popeye refuses to hurt her.

True, was actually joking about the last two, but Spinich could wear out over time.

Shouldn't plot manipulation help Popeye against Mind Control? It sounds NLF but Popeye is a toon force user, which is even more broken than many NLF abilties. It defies logic by definition. Though I feel toonforce and regular fights don't go along well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back