• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Character Tier changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So VS Battles have had several changes to their tiering system to which i've implemented over here to FC/OC Battles.

Basically, here is what's been done as of 16/02/08 + a description of what's been done to the current system in case you haven't checked it in a long time:

5-A: It's the same thing but now it includes those who can destroy gas planets like Jupiter and Uranus. So they've added an actual description for the Large Planet part since before that we only had one for Multi Planet destruction.

3-A: characters who can destroy all matter in an observable universe at full power.

High 3-A: Characters who have either an infinite degree of 3-D power or can affect 4-D spaces that are less than universal in size.

Low 2-C: those who can destroy/create the entire space-time contiuum of the universe, not just it's physical matter/content. (this is probably used to differentiate the difference of what universal scale your destroying at. Basically. the difference between 3-A and Low 2-C).

2-A: Characters who can destroy/create 10^500 to an infinite number of 4-dimensional space-time continuums.

High 2-A: those who can destroy/create 5 dimensional space-time continuums. (the change for this is that unless your character is a 5-Dimensional being or can create/destroy 5-D space-time contructs, they should be downgraded to 2-A unless, again, specifically stated that they are).

Low 1-B: 12 dimensional characters (to be specific, the change here is that Low 1-B is now solely for 12-D characters. 13-D characters have been taken out and moved to 1-B, it seems).

1-B: Characters with a finite number of dimensions greater/higher than 12.

Edit: Took out the High 1-A and 0 since we probably don't hold much fround for the tiers meaning with each other....

Anyways if you have characters that may need to be changed based on this, please do. However, only do this if any character that you have or will make should follow any of these tiers. What i mean is that, for example, if any character that you have/or will make that is 5-D or can create/destroy 5-D space time contructs, leave them as is or place them up there. But if they are not either of the two, downgrade them to 2-A. The same is said for the other tiers as well.

To answer your second question: I thought you would have noticed it when i first highlighted.

For the first: well you could ask the Main site about it. Was going to answer them for ya but i was sure that what i would have given ya wouldn't help very much.

But anyways, do you have any characters that you need to fix based on this, Steve?

I'm checking right now. I have a lot of characters.

Oh, and High 1-A is the same as 0? There is a big difference between nigh-omnipotent and omnipotent.

Stevethebarbarian said:
Oh, and High 1-A is the same as 0? There is a big difference between nigh-omnipotent and omnipotent.
No. From what DarkLK said to Antvasima, tier 0 is technically known as "Questionable Omnipotent". Because one can't really prove true omnipotence from what i can basically tell ya on. That and for some odd reason because of that, both of the tiers are apparently "the same".

Oh and if you happen to see the current AP chart on the main site, High 5-A (Dwarf Star level) has not officially made it to the tiering chart. Why, i don;t know. I can ask Lord Kavpeny himself on that matter.

Heh. Well, one way to prove that your OC is omnipotent is to say "My OC is omnipotent." It might be irrelevant on Vs because they need feats over there, and there is no such thing as a feat for omnipotence, but we don't need feats over here.

Edit: Hmm. Well you have a point there, Steve. Though one will still need to at least explain why that particular character is Tier 0 then. Just saying what you just said sounds really, and i'll be blunt, ******** as heck.

So yeah, i've also taken out the High 1-A and 0 thing since we don't really follow that here like VS Battles, i guess. Still the descriptions for them are on the tiering page and Users are to still explain why their OC's are Tier 0 or what makes them Tier 1 as well...

@Stevethebarbaria:

[URL='https://fcoc-vs-battles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Stevethebarbarian']Stevethebarbaria[/URL] said:
No.

High 1-A is equivalent to 0 in all but name. Do not forget, High 1-A are in their own league compared to other tiers. However, they are listed as High 1-A instead of 0 due to a much more superior being above them.

For example, Yog-Sothoth is listed as High 1-A due to the existence of Azathoth.

Tier 0 > High 1-A (since they are boundlessly above all other characters).

The confusion comes when a tier High 1-A character from one franchise is compared to a tier 0 character from another, for eg: The-One-Above-All vs Yog-Sothoth.

In this case, it's particularly hard, since bar Azathoth, Yog-Sothoth would be considered absolutely supreme instead. Azathoth is boundlessly above Yog-Sothoth, but can the same be said about The-One-Above-All?

In other words, is boundlessly > all of Marvel also > boundlessly > all of Chuthu Mythos? Remember that these are characters whose power is too great to be comprehended, let alone measured, and they play on a level where words, logic and concepts are irrelevant (thus terms like "boundless" and "infinity" lose their comparative meaning).

It is impossible to say which character is stronger at a glance, and thus, a tier 0 character does not insta-win against a tier High 1-A (the tier 0 character likely does win, but proper analysis is required before a judgement, and the end result is almost certainly indeterminate).

Keep in mind that this is applicable only for tier 0 and High 1-A. Against every other tier (including 1-A), both a tier High 1-A and 0 character will insta-win.

Ok, thanks. I get it, but... I don't have time to reply at the moment, I only have access to a computer for about a half-hour, and I have other things to do. I'll reply tomorrow with more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back