• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chaos King (Marvel) Ability Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shar is a D&D God with that rating. Here's her reasoning for that rating, which matches NEP type 2's definition basically word for word.

As for the topic on hand I can see true form Oblivion having NEP type 2, but not the aspects of him.
Why would oblivion have type 2 NEP when the very nature of his exsitence contradicts that. Oblivion (as stated multiple time) is the embodiment of the concept of nothingness so do give Oblivion type 2 nep literally makes 0 sense.

Basically I don't think Chaos king should have NEP since being an aspect of oblivion is not solid evidence at all. NEP would also contradict what was shown since multiple characters could interact with it and at one point entering inside it, CK stating "I've lost them in my vastness". The most I can see CK having is Non-Corporeal for his true form

Why would oblivion have type 2 NEP when the very nature of his exsitence contradicts that. Oblivion (as stated multiple time) is the embodiment of the concept of nothingness so do give Oblivion type 2 nep literally makes 0 sense.
Because of the highlighted part here
2: Idealistic Nonexistence: The lack of absolutely everything to a state of nonexistence at a conceptual level. Such a state defies even the most basic logical principles and is unknowable in the truest form, as it is not a state at all. Such entities are typically presented as primordial voids or pure emptiness, or any abstract state which precedes or opposes the state of existence on all levels. In terms of binary, this would be something that is neither 1 nor 0, where 1 is existence and 0 is nonexistence.
Oblivion's true form exists within the void between Multiverses and is what they spring from/reside in. His lesser avatars wouldn't have it, but his true form would.

How is that exactly relevant? His true form exists within a void between multiverses and existing within a void=/=Complete non-exstience. Also, this would be in contradiction to Oblivion being the concept of nothingness but somehow being type 2 nep which has no concept.

I suppose its better to wait for more of the experts to see what they say. But I've already explained why existing in a void isn't the same as being the void so thats out the equation. Oblivion having type 2 nep also wouldn't make sense with what he's suppose to be, the embodiment of nothingness so at most type 1

So type 2 NEP for both of them, or just for Oblivion?

Wait, wait, wait. No one has explained to me how Oblivion existing within a void is a good reason for oblivion having type 2 nep, nor has anyone explained to me how oblivion having type 2 nep wouldn't contradict him being the embodiment of nothingness.

Wait, wait, wait. No one has explained to me how Oblivion existing within a void is a good reason for oblivion having type 2 nep, nor has anyone explained to me how oblivion having type 2 nep wouldn't contradict him being the embodiment of nothingness.
Qawsedf literally quoted the Nonexistant Physiology page to you to explain it, look at the highlighted part of the message instead of outright ignoring it.

To be honest, I find it weird how portrayal as a void that predates even abstractions qualifies when said void is an abstraction itself. But if this goes according to the wiki standards then I have no comments.

Qawsedf literally quoted the Nonexistant Physiology page to you to explain it, look at the highlighted part of the message instead of outright ignoring it.
I didn't ignore it and if you bothered to read what I said you would know. I'm asking how Oblivion existing within a void makes him the void itself, and refer to what Planck said about the void being an abstraction and NEP 2. Furthermore no one has explained how it wouldn't be a contradiction to what oblivion is, a embodiment of nothingness which would be a concept. At most I can agree on is type 1 for oblivion but no nep for chaos king, at most he should have is noncorporeal.

I didn't ignore it and if you bothered to read what I said you would know. I'm asking how Oblivion existing within a void makes him the void itself, and refer to what Planck said about the void being an abstraction and NEP 2. Furthermore no one has explained how it wouldn't be a contradiction to what oblivion is, a embodiment of nothingness which would be a concept. At most I can agree on is type 1 for oblivion but no nep for chaos king, at most he should have is noncorporeal.
1. I am not a supporter of DC or Marvel nor do i have any comic books for them in my possession.

2. change how we treat NEP 2 and come back, otherwise Oblivion qualifies.

3. Such entities are typically presented as primordial voids or pure emptiness, or any abstract state which precedes or opposes the state of existence on all levels.

If you cannot change the above then this conversation is pointless because Oblivion qualifies for the above.

now if youll excuse me i have IRL stuff to do.

Oblivion is the greatest abstract embodiment of void and nothingness within Marvel Comics.

1. I am not a supporter of DC or Marvel nor do i have any comic books for them in my possession.

2. change how we treat NEP 2 and come back, otherwise Oblivion qualifies.

3. Such entities are typically presented as primordial voids or pure emptiness, or any abstract state which precedes or opposes the state of existence on all levels.

If you cannot change the above then this conversation is pointless because Oblivion qualifies for the above.

now if youll excuse me i have IRL stuff to do.
Literally non of what you said counters any if my point. All you've managed to do was repeat yourself and go in circles, congrats.

Oblivion is the greatest abstract embodiment of void and nothingness within Marvel Comics.
Do you not see how much of a contradiction that is? How can oblivion be an "abstract embodiment" when type 2 nep is conceptless. Oblivion is the abstract embodiment of nothingness. The very nature of what oblivion is contradicts him having type 2 nep

Maybe I am but type 2 nep is the lack of absolutely everything to a state of nonexistence at a conceptual level so oblivion being an abstraction of nothingness but somehow getting type 2 nep is just extremely weird

He qualifies according to our standards. You are obsessing over that the concept of nothingness being a concept is philosophically self-contradictory in itself from a certain angle.

However, I think that you technically likely need to reach Atzmus levels of unmanifest void, rather than simply Ain, for that complaint to apply.

Anyway, can you drop this issue please? It is tiresome to deal with.

He qualifies according to our standards. You are obsessing over that the concept of nothingness being a concept is philosophically self-contradictory in itself from a certain angle.

However, I think that you technically likely need to reach Atzmus levels of unmanifest void, rather than simply Ain, for that complaint to apply.

Anyway, can you drop this issue please? It is tiresome to deal with.
A concept by definition is an abstract idea, the abstractionof nothingness is an idea itself.

In anycase I've lost interest in this so I will no longer be responding

I am fine with Oblivion getting NEP 2 and Void manipulation. Void manipulation also for Chaos King.

As for NEP 2 for Chaos King, I believe him being touched by Herc or others is not enough to disregard it. But at the same time, I only ever read the main Chaos War comic so I could be wrong.

I think that the Chaos King was consistently treated as a physical entity possible to attack by Thor and others, yes.

NEP 2 for the main Oblivion is fine. Chaos King having NEP 2 or being insubstantial isn't supported feat wise.

Agreed.

Is somebody willing to apply what Qawsedf234 just said?

Thank you.

Can we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back