• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chaos King (Marvel) Ability Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Void Manipulation and Nonexistent Physiology seem fine to add to me. However, aren't there more than one type of NEP?

I'm only seeing Type 1 Nonexistent Physiology. Being the concept of nonexistence isn't enough for Type 2 if I understand this correctly.

I'm only seeing Type 1 Nonexistent Physiology. Being the concept of nonexistence isn't enough for Type 2 if I understand this correctly.
Yes, It is not enough evidence for Type 1 Nonexistent Physiology on its own; it has to unbound by all concepts like predate concepts similar to Shar's case. From what I remember, Oblivion's case was valid but never applied.

Yes, It is not enough evidence for Type 1 Nonexistent Physiology on its own; it has to unbound by all concepts like predate concepts similar to Shar's case. From what I remember, Oblivion's case was valid but never applied.
It's stated that oblivion predates all existence which would include concepts cause enternity is basically the concept of the universe/multiverse.

Yes. I know a scan existed and I saw it years ago; I just can't find it right now. I am cool with Oblivion and Chaos King having NEP Type 2.

I think it comes from the same issue as the scan listed in this CRT. Thor 2011 Annual 1.

(I am on phone, so I can't link it properly)

It's stated that oblivion predates all existence which would include concepts cause enternity is basically the concept of the universe/multiverse.
I'm pretty sure that isn't a valid reason for having type 2 NEP since type 2 is lacking concepts. Predating concepts isn't the same thing as not having a concept at all.

I'm pretty sure that isn't a valid reason for having type 2 NEP since type 2 is lacking concepts. Predating concepts isn't the same thing as not having a concept at all.
Predating concept means a character existed before concepts began to exist which means the character has no concept.

Furthermore, I don't see how being an aspect of oblivion is logical enough to say that the chaos king should have NEP as well. I would also argue that giving chaos king NEP isn't consistent considering that he was getting rocked by Hercules and others could interact with it and at one point even entering it (its been a while since I've read chaos war or marvel in general so this part might be wrong). If we did give Chaos king nep the only key that should have it is the true form of chaos king.

Predating concept means a character existed before concepts began to exist which means the character has no concept.
Pretty sure this is a false cause fallacy. They existed before concepts, so what? That doesn't change anything. Also, Oblivion is the embodiment of the conceptual of nothingness so at most Chaos king would get is type 1 but refer to my comment above for why Chaos king getting nep isn't really valid.

I
Pretty sure this is a false cause fallacy. They existed before concepts, so what? That doesn't change anything. Also, Oblivion is the embodiment of the conceptual of nothingness so at most Chaos king would get is type 1 but refer to my comment above for why Chaos king getting nep isn't really valid.
It really isn't false cause fallacy. E.g Shar having nep type 2 for this reason. Also Hercules interacting with him could mean Hercules can interact with non existent beings.

Who's Shar? I suppose so but that doesn't really address the other parts of my reasons. Also, it would be extremely contradictory if we gave type 2 nep to chaos king and oblivion since oblivion is the embodiment of the concept of nothingness lol.

From the Nonexistant Physiology page.

"2: Idealistic Nonexistence: The lack of absolutely everything to a state of nonexistence at a conceptual level. Such a state defies even the most basic logical principles and is unknowable in the truest form, as it is not a state at all. Such entities are typically presented as primordial voids or pure emptiness, or any abstract state which precedes or opposes the state of existence on all levels. In terms of binary, this would be something that is neither 1 nor 0, where 1 is existence and 0 is nonexistence.

Chaos King's state is closer to type 1

1: Material Nonexistence: The lack of any conventional existence. Such a character will exist as something beyond the normal scope of the physical and metaphysical worlds, instead existing as an idea or other unconventional state. Such entities can be conceptualized by individuals, but do not exist in a physical or normal metaphysical form, such as a soul. In terms of binary, this would be a 0, where existence is 1 and nonexistence is 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back