• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man possible concept manip upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rez

He/Him
So one of the concepts that Chainsaw man erased includes the "four possible conclusion other than death living at the end of an living beings life span" meaning it's a concept equivalent to the concept of death and is universally applicable since Makima mentions living beings in general not just humans (even if it was just humans it would have still qualified as type 2 nothing so changes even than)

In the same panel it's also stated he erased the sixth sense humans used to have so it's an concept that applies to all of humanity another feat for type 2.
So, basically Denji's concept manip should type 2 concept destruction

Last edited:
Also Makima's resistance should be changed to limited resistance. Description of her resistance should tell you why

I don't think the literal concept was erased. Makima mentioned that when a Devil is eaten, people forget that concept exists. That does not mean it did not happen.

Case in point, Makima's reincarnated Devil. Society didn't collapse as a whole because Denji ate Makima, the concept of control continued to persist because people will always fear it.

Devils will always be tied to cognition rather than literal concepts. So the 5 other things that happen to you after death still exist, people just don't know what they are because nobody fears them.

Case in point, Makima's reincarnated Devil. Society didn't collapse as a whole because Denji ate Makima, the concept of control continued to persist because people will always fear it.
It was Denji who ate Makima not the chainsaw devil

And the concepts themselves are erased since the devil's embody the concepts of their name and will simply reincarnate in hell as long as the concept exist

I don't think the literal concept was erased. Makima mentioned that when a Devil is eaten, people forget that concept exists. That does not mean it did not happen.

Devils will always be tied to cognition rather than literal concepts. So the 5 other things that happen to you after death still exist, people just don't know what they are because nobody fears them.
pkbh296_d.webp

HneJaPg_d.webp

They are erased from past, future and memories and if they weren't erased they will simply reincarnate in hell

vAtORaM_d.webp

All of these once existed and were feared every bit as much as the devils with their name
meaning it isn't just the devil's that are getting erased everything related to their name is too

vAtORaM_d.webp

All of these once existed and were feared every bit as much as the devils with their name
meaning it isn't just the devil's that are getting erased everything related to their name is too
So the 5 other things after death are also gone

Denji has a different kind, "downgraded version" in comparison to the Chainsaw Devil.
Aids litteraly don't exist anymore in Chainsaw Man for instance.

Also Makima's whole plan is to use chainsaw man to remove death from the world (i seriously can't believe I missed these panels in previous crt)

It was Denji who ate Makima not the chainsaw devil
I don't see how this makes a difference? What would Denji accomplish doing this if not to erase Makima from existence?

Also if true, the Chainsaw Devil wouldn't be able to eat concepts that do not have a conceptual embodiment.

I don't see how this makes a difference? What would Denji accomplish doing this if not to erase Makima from existence?
His goal wasn't to erase Makima it was to just get rid of her and Denji in his human form isn't the Chainsaw devil hell he can even separate chainsaw devil from himself and I already gave you the scan showing that chainsaw man does erases concepts as everything else related to Devil's name is also erased

Why? Devil's embodies their concept that's just abstract existence type 2
Because we have not seen the Chainsaw Devil bite the air and consume the concept of fish. He needs to consume the being that embodies the concept in order to erase it.

Because we have not seen the Chainsaw Devil bite the air and consume the concept of fish. He needs to consume the being that embodies the concept in order to erase it.
He needs to eat it biting≠eating and I believe you meant to write concept of air

Devil's will receive type 2 abstract existence for their concept embodiment part but I don't care about that and concept manipulation is just one of few ways to kill ae type 2 characters makes sense to me

Also, I'd like to throw this in.
The concept manip part just needs to be changed to type 2 and the description needs to be changed a bit too since the concept isn't just being erased from human cognition it's being erased entirely as explained by Makima in this panel:
vAtORaM_d.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back