• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

@Bernkastelll on their way to ask the rape victim if there's any tangible proof that they didn't consent (innocent until proven guilty):
saul-goodman.gif
i shouldn't have laughed as hard as I should have

but can you provide proof that he did consent?
you were the ones claiming that it was SA, i don't need to prove anything, but sure.

As the chapter shows, Denji refused Asa's touch when he thought she was going to cut his d1ck, he even told her to stop, but he didnt the same thing when she kissed him.

i'm not defending SA, i'm saying that the kiss wasnt SA
But he was. Let's rerun what happned shall we?

Denji tries to get away from Yoru because he thinks she is gonna cut his dick off. They get into a little schuffle at which point Yoru grabs his dick and ends up kissing him until he nuts.

At what point here do you see Denji ever consenting to anything?

i'm not defending SA, i'm saying that the kiss wasnt SA
The kiss is SA
Sexual assault is when someone touches you sexually without your permission, with an object or body part.

The legal definition of 'sexual' depends on whether a 'reasonable person' would consider something sexual.

It is also an offence if someone gets you to do or see something sexual without your permission.
This is according to the police uk.
Sexual assault happens when someone either touches another person in a sexual manner without consent or makes another person touch them in a sexual manner without consent. It includes unwanted kissing and the touching of someone's genitals, breasts or bottom.
This is according to rapecrisis.org

Denji was kissed without his permission in a sexual manner. It is SA by its definition

No you were the one that first claimed Denji didn't get sexually assulted. We know they kissed, so the burden of proof is on you to show that Denji consented to the kiss, which you haven't done
i already answered but since this topic sucks i will stop talking about it, my bad everyone.

you were the ones claiming that it was SA, i don't need to prove anything, but sure.

As the chapter shows, Denji refused Asa's touch when he thought she was going to cut his d1ck, he even told her to stop, but he didnt the same thing when she kissed him.
others have already pointed it out as well, but no, what you're saying is pure 100% bullshit. And just because Denji didn't try to push away from the kiss doesn't mean he consented. He's a broken fellow, who's been used against his own good. And then you're saying all of this horseshit? Disgusting.

I'm planning to post a CRT revising all characters included in Part 1, with a complete revision of scaling and taking all feats into consideration. After that thread, profile-wise, I'll move on to Part 2 characters. For those who want to create Fami's profile, you have the green light.

Otherwise, my opinion on this chapter is that, as we've all expected, trauma has taken place towards both Denji and Asa once more. Denji feels used by another woman again. Unlike the other girls Denji has been with, who have hurt him physically & mentally, Yoru (or whom he believes to be Asa) has also hurt him mentally. Nothing will be the same from this point on, and we will have to wait to see what happens next. What we must learn from these chapters is that no matter how much we think it can get worse for Denji, it always finds a way to be even worse than it already was. Be prepared to expect the unexpected. There is no such thing as a happy ending in Chainsaw Man, only tragedy.

I swear though...feels like another nothing burger chapter

I was hoping for either

Denji to possibly get furious maybe finally realizing this isn't what he wanted ( as not even Makima had ever touched him like this )

Maybe Asa to be in shock and horror cause she was technically SA'd too since she didn't consent to this

But instead Fujimoto has her more worried about being seen as a **** by Denji?

Like wtf bruh

To be fair, I found a tweet that covers this;

For the first time I agree with the fan who reads to much into shit, this is a very accurate portrayal of how an assault victim might respond after-the-fact and anyone who thinks otherwise is an APE.

Chainsaw Man has themes that are there and themes that pretentious nerds pull out of their ass; this is obviously part of the former.

Apparantly, the misogynistic word Asa called Yoru in japanese (痴女) has a bit more nuance than just "****"; The word literally translates as "Female Pervert/Molester", but conveys the idea of "A woman so overwhelmed by sexual desire that she may/may not molest someone". It's used just like **** to shame women who have more sex, and is also used to insult victims of sexual assault too.

English just doesn't have a word with this exact meaning, so the official TL isn't inaccurate or anything, you just miss the connotation with molestation.

Back