• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cellular and Matter Hax vs AP

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
I'm going to put my cards on the table. I've had a serious issue with how we treat matter hax here as of late.

I'm fine with it ignoring durability. I'm not fine with it ignoring all durability. 7-C vs 7-C? Sure. 7-C vs 7-A. Fine. 7-C vs 5-B? If it's potent enough than fine by me. But againt a 4-B? No. Absolutely not.

And here's why. By and large, we factor in most laws of physics. Including the one that says that if an object or person can produce a certain amount of force without breaking, than they can endure that amount too. This is we know Saitama wouldn't be one-shot by people as strong as him, despite having never fought someone like that. Now, there are exceptions to this, Doomguy isn't as strong as his guns are, but this is still a solid rule.

My argument rides on the idea that this somewhat extends to the microscopic level. Now, hold on, I'm not saying that it does so fully. Not at all. Cell's cells aren't the same tier as he is. But, what I am saying, is there comes a point where the gap between someone and his cells, is much smaller than the gap between him and his opponent. And that's the point where matter hax doesn't work.

My suggestion is that once an AP gap is large enough (like, say, Cole MacGrath vs Broly) his matter hax wouldn't work. Broly's atoms are to durable for him to hurt.

As for where that line should be drawn, weeeeellllll, that's a bit harder to judge. We don't the exact difference between a man and his atoms, but some if the smarter folks might be able to make able to make an educated guess.

My proposal is:

A. We try to find out where to draw the line.

And

B. We leave a note on both the cell hax and matter hax page saying something along the lines of (without feats, this hax can't be assumed to bypass an AP difference of <insert number here> as such a gap us larger than the gap between the character and his cells/atoms/etc.

Discuss.

Broly's Atoms =/= Broly's Cells. I'm willing to believe cells can retain a bit of its host's durability, but not atoms. Unless it's explicitly stated ofc.

I do not think atoms have durability, the way molecules are structured and such its what composes durability.

If the matter hax is attacking the atoms in a way that the durability of them matters then it doesn't bypass durability to begin with. If someone is just breaking the atomic or molecular bonds for example, it doesnt matter that the matter that the compounds make up is insanely durable, because the bonds have nothing to do with it.

This makes me wonder if a character Durability depends on a Aura like Dragon Ball characters and RWBY. Would Cellar attacks be enough to ignore the Aura

Lord Ace900 said:
This makes me wonder if a character Durability depends on a Aura like Dragon Ball characters and RWBY. Would Cellar attacks be enough to ignore the Aura
That... is actually a really good question

Back