• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cell vs Broly

Cell probably destroys both rounds. Considering that he's likely way stronger because while broly couldn't beat android 18, cell overpowered 17 (who she was equal to)and piccolo.

Bio Broly managed to tank attacks from Goten and Trunks, who aren't far off from SSJ Teen Gohan from the Boo Saga. Mismatch.

Kepekley23 said:
Bio Broly managed to tank attacks from Goten and Trunks, who aren't far off from SSJ Teen Gohan from the Boo Saga. Mismatch.
When were Goten and Trunks anywhere above Cell Saga levels?

Trunks took a reflex punch from SSJ Vegeta and Goten was straining Gohan in their spar & forcing him to fly for a while.

The Daizenshuu also states Goten and Gohan are comparable to each other and that the kids are considerably above No. 18, but that's secondary

Kepekley23 said:
Trunks took a reflex punch from SSJ Vegeta and Goten was straining Gohan in their spar & forcing him to fly for a while.
The Daizenshuu also states Goten and Gohan are comparable to each other and that the kids are considerably above No. 18, but that's secondary
Gohan wasnt using the same power level as he was with Cell, if youre talking about the doding rocks business, nor was Gohan using full power on Goten at any times

All I remember waa 18 keeping up with Trunks and Goten in the Tournament, who wasnt SSJ2 Gohans level. Scan to the feat saying they were stronger than 18? Who in herself, isnt stronger than Cell.

I always thought Trunks amd Goten were just above Frieza level with their SSJ pulling business.

No, I'm talking about SSJ Goten vs. SSJ Gohan. Gohan was sweating and relatively serious. He was not fighting to kill but the fact he was forced into the air and the fact he literally said he'd be surpassed by Goten soon at that rate means they're comparable.

18 was scared shitless by Suppressed Trunks's ki blast, and said they were outrageously strong and that she needed to end it soon. How did she end it? She ripped their costumes out and disqualified them.

Kepekley23 said:
No, I'm talking about SSJ Goten vs. SSJ Gohan. Gohan was sweating and relatively serious. He was not fighting to kill but the fact he was forced into the air and the fact he literally said he'd be surpassed by Goten soon at that rate means they're comparable.
18 was scared shitless by Suppressed Trunks's ki blast, and said they were outrageously strong and that she needed to end it soon. How did she end it? She ripped their costumes out and disqualified them.
Gohan wasnt going anywhere near his SSJ2 levels of powers back then, plus that was the beginning of his decline, where he wasnt keeping up much with training, or focusing that much on becoming stronger. Theres no way in hell Goten can be comparwd to Ssj2 Gohan from the cell saga.

Scan? Cause i dont picture 18 being scared of someone by a simple ki blast, nor saying anything as exaggerated than 'outrageously' especially that of a complete stranger, or two midgets in an overcoat. Plus, trunks regarded her as pretty strong aswell.

Either way, 18 isnt anywhere near SSJ2 Gohan level at that point. And the fact this wiki rates Goten and Trunks at 18's level.

I never said anything about SSJ2 Gohan at all, I said SSJ Teen Gohan from the Boo Saga in my very first post.

From Herms's Strength Checker:

"Chapter: 453 (DBZ 259), P12.4, P13.1

Context: after Trunks' ki blast explodes

No.18: "Yo-you've got to be kidding…That energy bullet had absolutely incredible speed and destructive power…Co-could it be that those squirts have outrageous power?…This is dangerous! I've got to settle this fight soon!"

Actually, Trunks was basing his statement off of the fact 18 had once been stronger than his father, he knew nothing about her true power. He later suppressed his ki blast before firing it at her.

Also, Base Trunks and Goten are already equal to Android 18. SSJ they're far stronger than her.

Gohan wasnt a teen in the Buu Saga...and SSJ Teen gohan in that case isnt at the same power he was to defeat Cell

Fair enough, not a manga reader of DBZ, but this is still 18, who isnt anywhere near cell level, and Goten and Trunks were already scaled to

Gohan is 16, nearly 17 in the Boo Saga if you count the year in the RoSaT, so he is a teen. But anyway, it's semantics.

Although SSJ Teen Gohan is weaker than he was in the Cell Games, he is still able to fight Dabura, who is at least strong as Suppressed Cell

YungManzi said:
@Jinx
This isn't perfect cell, Regular SSJ teen Gohan could take out this version of cell.
The OP states "Bio Broly vs. Perfect Cell". the picture is Imperfect Cell, because I don't know why.

That said, Cell. Regen, better fighting skills, zenkai.

Kepekley23 said:
Gohan is 16, nearly 17 in the Boo Saga if you count the year in the RoSaT, so he is a teen. But anyway, it's semantics.
Although SSJ Teen Gohan is weaker than he was in the Cell Games, he is still able to fight Dabura, who is at least strong as Suppressed Cell
Gohan's actually 17 in the Buu saga. He' 4 at the start of the series, 5 in the Namek saga, 6 after waiting for Goku to return from Yardrat for a year, 9 after the 3 years of training with Goku and Piccolo, 10 after a day with Goku in the Time Chamber, and then the Buu Sag happens 7 years later, in which he would 17.

This is bound to be outdated tho. There is a calc if I remember correctly, putting even Toeiverse 1st Form Frieza into High 4-C, Bio Broly would easily be 4-B.

At present, Freeza is still listed as High 5-A, and Bio Broly is still Large Star+.

So, again, Cell takes this. Regen, better fighting skills and stamina, and even if Bio Broly did manage to put together enough AP to do immense physical harm to him, Cell could just zenkai and one-shot.

Then it's irrelevant. The movies don't have an overarching canon beyond the Broly trilogy and the two Cooler movies. Toriyama said himself that they all take place in alternative timelines.

Bio Broly is part of toei-verse tho. And do you have a source saying they're all separate from one another, not just the main series? Because they've appeared both in the anime and one another's movies.

SomebodyData said:
Bio Broly is part of toei-verse tho. And do you have a source saying they're all separate from one another, not just the main series? Because they've appeared both in the anime and one another's movies.
Name one instance where, say, Broly is brought up in the anime or a non-Broly movie. Or where, say, they talk about Turles or Cooler or Lord Slug in the other movies (excepting the Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans OVA)

I mean, Garlic Jr. literally gets an entire arc in the anime. Cooler appears in GT actually, Paragus and one of Bojack's henchmen appear in Fusion Reborn, etc.

GT is not the best source of canonicity you can use, and Garlic Jr. is an outlier and not the norm.

I also go with Perfect Cell. He has the regen, he doesn't have a power disadvantage, he has better and more numerous skills, etc..

... You do know we're talking about non-canon right? GT works here. And what about everyone else? There is probably more examples that I haven't used either, I can go looking for more if needed.

Even Base Gohan is already solidly 4-A in the Toeiverse, Bio-Broly should certainly be 4-A for taking on Goten and Trunks who proved useful to SSJ Gohan in Movie 10.

Where are the calcs and explanations for all that, then? They're not on their profiles. Bio-Broly is Large Star+ for a reason; he's clearly much weaker than any other Broly.

The explanation is in Broly's first key, he wiped out large portions of a galaxy in a relatively short time frame. Base Gohan took on a much stronger Broly, so it's only natural that he's superior to that.

Kep said [and i agree with him] that Large Star level+ will become Solar System level, which is more appropriate.

It's... complicated. They would be 4-B via >>>>>>>>>>>>>... than Suppressed First Form Frieza.

At the same time, Bio-Broly could be 4-A via being stronger than SSJ Goten and Trunks still, who managed to survive Movie 10 SSJ Broly.

SomebodyData said:
It's... complicated. They would be 4-B via >>>>>>>>>>>>>... than Suppressed First Form Frieza.
At the same time, Bio-Broly could be 4-A via being stronger than SSJ Goten and Trunks still, who managed to survive Movie 10 SSJ Broly.
No.

That makes zero sense. Bio-Broly is much weaker than Movie 10 Broly, that's shown multiple times, when even 18 is shown able to push Bio-Broly back and injure him, and Bio-Broly was ultimately defeated by Goten and Trunks, two high 4-Cs. Goten and Trunks only survived in movie 10 via PIS.

Point being, there's no CRT about this. As-is, Perfect Cell would have no issues destroying Bio-Broly, the latter of whom is literally a slow, giant meathead and has no notable advantages compared to Cell's regen and versatility.

I personally put the presence of Broly in movies that happen during DBZ's time above whatever comes out of GT, but bias on my part I guess.

And what Korudo says is very relevant, because every piece of evidence contradicts Bio-Broly as a possible 4-A, even 4-B. Krillin could put a semi decent fight after he became a blob, and both of the kids could damage him compared to barely doing anything to normal Super Saiyan Broly in Second Coming.

If Goten and Trunks were merely High 4-Cs, they would have been completely useless against Broly yet they were instrumental in his defeat in Movie 10. Also, SSJ Goten being High 4-C to Base Gohan's 4-A makes absolutely no sense.

And Goku and friends getting utterly trashed but then 1 hit killing Broly with the combined power of 5 almost dead individuals in the 1 Broly movie does?

If you think he and Trunks need a revision, by all means make a thread about it.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
And Goku and friends getting utterly trashed but then 1 hit killing Broly with the combined power of 5 almost dead individuals in the 1 Broly movie does?
IIRC, Goku struck the same area of the same are of Broly's midsection that King Vegeta stabbed him in when he was a baby, which acted as a weak spot.

Back