• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Celestial Toymaker Plot Manip

"Did you think it was all real, Doctor? Truly? I'm the first to admit I got it wrong sometimes. The reality filters cut out every now and then, but you never seemed to notice the plastic Daleks or the bendy dinosaurs or that quite ridiculous giant plush rat. Did it never cross your mind to wonder why that time tunnel you fell into recently was actually, literally decorated with Christmas tinsel? A total failure on my part. I tried to distract you by bringing the Daleks out again, but now I'm beginning to wonder if I need have tried so hard. You were obviously completely oblivious to the whole thing."

-Doctor Who tales of terror

So this would give The Celestial Toymaker and The Six-Fold God Plot manip, and by extension The Doctor (Doctor Who) with the key to time

Isn't it just regular reality warping?

Okay. It is likely still just reality warping without further evidence though.

If even that. Creating artificial poorly constructed conflicts for The Doctor to take part in seems more like regular reality warping.

In addition, this would not also be due to the causality hax of the toymaker. Let's remember that all daleks live because he wants he could do it with any other, right?

Oliver de jesus said:
In addition, this would not also be due to the causality hax of the toymaker. Let's remember that all daleks live because he wants he could do it with any other, right?
"Well, it's hardly plausible that so many things would happen to one person, even a time and space traveller. I mean, look how many times you run into the Daleks. The trouble is, they're my favourites ― perhaps because they're one of the few monsters I didn't make up myself. If ever I find myself getting bored, I just set up another Dalek battle. Totally implausible that you'd keep meeting like that ― but again it clearly never bothered you."

Antvasima said:
If even that. Creating artificial poorly constructed conflicts for The Doctor to take part in seems more like regular reality warping.
This is obviously intended as a subtle fourth wall break towards the bad special effects of the show. And this is the same story where he's implied to view it all as a "game".

It is still not proper evidence of plot manipulation.

How is it not? It's more of an implication than a direct statement, but it still implies he has some sort of control over the story of doctor who.

It only implies that he can change the details of what is happening around The Doctor, as a means of explaining shoddy workmanship and limitations in special effects at the time, not that he has control over the actual narrative itself without further evidence.

Okay. Feel free to do so.

Back