• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cardfight!! Vanguard General Discussion Thread

Just wanted to give everyone here an update while I have the chance.

Now as im sure some of you can/have seen, no new pages for the verse have been created yet. The pages we have made so far are Team Q4 and Asteroids pages. I am still planning to create pages for more characters soon before getting to work on my next Vanguard blog for Asia Circuit.

For the moment I am busy and pre-occupied with things I need to focus on IRL, school included. I should be free again in the next 1-2 weeks. So the remaining pages will get made ASAP.

Thank you and sorry again.

I wonder, is there a way I can play Vanguard online like how yugioh has the fan projects or how Magic has Arena?

I think the page should has Unit's Profile like Yugioh which has both Duelist & Monster profile, but it is so weird if we count them all as tier 4 rating?

LinkSlayerLvX said:
I think the page should has Unit's Profile like Yugioh which has both Duelist & Monster profile, but it is so weird if we count them all as tier 4 rating?

I don't mind this idea at all

Apologies everyone. I got very sidetracked with other things and IRL shit to deal with this (tho luckily I still know the remaining pages I need to make before constructing the next blog).

@Link

Only Aichi and Ren are tier 4, and thats with their souls. Otherwise, none of the cardfighters themselves are High 4-C. The Units are.

Okay, so to give confirmation, all of the relevant cardfighters of S1 have completed pages and are now added to the verse page. So far its, like, 15 pages I believe.

With that being done, I can now move forward with the development of our 2nd feats blog for S2: Asia Circuit.

Hey guy, has been a long time Vanguard fan and recently join this wikia. I have been wondering if you guys would like to making a blog for character base off of the in-universe lore. I have been planning on making one for a while.

Nicetoderp said:
Hey guy, has been a long time Vanguard fan and recently join this wikia. I have been wondering if you guys would like to making a blog for character base off of the in-universe lore. I have been planning on making one for a while.

Can you explain a little more in detail

Well, Vanguard does have it own card lore kinda like Duel Terminal saga in YGO in a form of monthly Bushiroad that has sadly stop now.

But this give the verse to hit at least 2-B character.

Oh yeah, I'm already planning on making one once all feats from the anime have been accounted for.

I've read through many of the lores and they are very broken. 2-B at the very least but possibly even Tier 1 stuff can come.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Oh yeah, I'm already planning on making one once all feats from the anime have been accounted for.

I've read through many of the lores and they are very broken. 2-B at the very least but possibly even Tier 1 stuff can come.
'''NANI!!!! Tier 1 stuff??? '''

Nicetoderp said:
Oh right, Chronojet did exist above 4-D huh?
Shhh no spoilers

But yeah, the G series gives some good nods to higher-dimensional feats. And the novels + card lores can back this up as well. But they'll be covered more in detail once the time comes.

No to G series. Vanguard G is a canonical continuation to the OG series and is part of the same timeline so Aichi's G series stuff, when we get to that point, will be kept on the same page Aichi has now.

However, yes, V series Aichi will be getting his own seperate profile since the V series is following the manga continuity, which is a different canon.

I think the profile page should split to the abilities they show in anime profile and in their lore profile, that is much difference. In anime it should give Universe level+ as limit by some reasons as such Ryuzu used power of 12 ZTBs creating a new world with Stride Gate and Dimensional Overstride which has power shaking the truth of the universe

and other page is their lore profile which mean they possibly become to Tier 1 stuff

We'll deal with the G feats when we cross that bridge. There are a lot of details and feats in the G era that need to be analyzed carefully and I want to give it as much explanation as possible.

By the way, I'm going to be done with the 2nd feats blog by today.

Hey everyone, giving an update. The 2nd feats blog for Cardfight!! Vanguard Season 2 has now been completed! While it is a shorter blog than the previous one, there are many new feats and abilities that I definitely need opinions on before having them applied to the pages.

So please, when time is on your side, read through the blog and give me your thoughts on what you agree/disagree with so we can discuss this together. Thank you.

Oh I wouldve started adding the new keys & pages already but I wanted everyone here to give me their thoughts first before I made any changes.

Thank you for adding the photos and tabbers to the verse page. That makes things easier for me in the long run. Appreciate it alot.

Also, expect some speed upgrades because the current MFTL+ feat these guys scale to might be much higher.

Update. So everyone, the speeds of the Vanguard characters are going to be very likely upgraded to an astounding degree.

My calc is pretty much accepted so far, and the result will increase the speed of the Unit's to the Quadrillions.

What is with the scaling rules for the verse? They seem to convuluted and kinda treat it like a very different series. Wouldn't it just make sense to scale them off of grades, like how Pokémon tends to use stage of evolution for scaling?

I will go into more detail later but it is just awfully strange.

Also I just learned that April 9th I will finally have a sort of way to play this game, which is good.

We are doing that actually, we're just not purely using grade scaling. Because its a card-game verse and not from a species perspective like it is for Pokemon, this scaling method is done so that it only scales reasonable cardfighters to these tiers rather than every person and their mother.

Basically, this scaling is applied so that we can clearly differentiate characters who consistently and reasonably scale to the main characters and not some random everyday player who wins once.

But the everyday player and their cards aren't "weaker." The wins are based in card game rules, mostly luck, skill, and deck building. The power escalation isn't really like that in game based shows usually.

Grades are used as a general source of power scaling in game (kinda like the Pokémon example.). Higher grades generally means higher stats and getting higher grades in a major part of the game, so it should be considered. Their might be some exceptions, like all rules but I think that it will better represent the verse's rules.

Of course its not just a matter of strength, but also skill, experience etc. But when it comes to scaling and preventing potential outliers, we have to make sure that these cardfighters have an actual reason or justification to be scaled to such high tiers.

I can believe Aichi being bested or matched by characters like his own teammates because those are cardfighters who are consistently above or on the level of Aichi's own caliber. So they have justification to be scaled to the tiers they're at.

But a random character who walks in out of nowhere, is inexperienced, and in some cases has never played the game before, challenges and defeats Aichi? Thats not a reasonable justification. Unless they continue to fight against cardfighters on Aichi's level.

Code:
Vanguard doesn't portray fighters as massively stronger then others (better at the game but not stronger.) and they all use similar or the same tools/cards. For example Aichi's Buster Blader isn't inherently stronger then others, he uses it well though. That random joe would probably scale because 1 it is his only feat most likely so it can't be an outlier and 2 his cards aren't far weaker, it isn't like floogal is gonna tank hits from Grade 3 without serious buffing and blocking.

Outliers aren't determined just because its their only feat though. It also has to do with the general standing they have in the verse to determine whether its logical that they are on the same caliber as highly experienced cardfighters or just a random run of the mill joe. It has to make sense.

And it would be pretty ridiculous to say a random 10 year old Vanguard player can use tier 4 level Units just because they share the same clan as a main character who used those Units to do the feat and consistently improve at the game through a number of different factors, reaching levels that are portrayed as classes of their own. Example being becoming a National Champion at the game, which is portrayed as an entire league above regular cardfighters.

It would not be ridiculous because what sets the 10 year old below a champion with the same deck isn't the power, just how they use the deck. The 10 year old's version of a card isn't weaker then the champion's version. To give a better example let's use a gun. If I have a random ten year old a gun (don't actually do that.) the kid would not know how or likely be able to use it like a good marksman could, but the gun itself doesn't change functionality unless someone breaks it.

You act like standing is just decided by raw power, it is mostly how you play the game. The average joe can win against a better player with the right deck, luck, and strategy, it just isn't likely. Them being a worse player doesn't make them or their cards massively weaker, just used poorly or out in a bad deck.

Back