• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Underpants revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, the calc on Captain Underpants page listing him at Large Planet level leads to the calc on my G+ profile. I have considered reseting my Google+ account, and doing so means the calc is gone. I would like to suggest that this link is used for the calc instead of the current one. I'd also like to suggest that the "likely" for his Large Planet level be replaced with "possibly", as I am unsure as to which of the two is stronger. It should also be noted that the calc is a low ball, as they pushed the earth way further than I said they did, which used one earth. The calc may be redone to be more accurate.

Second, his speed needs to be upgraded. And I mean by a lot. The calc for it is in the same link, but after the DC calc.

Quick Summuary:

Speed: Likely FTL+ in flight, combat and reactions (Would've flown to Uranus in an extremly short time frame, also beat Captain Blunderpants, who should be equal to him, therefore being capable of such transverse and reactions)

-Replace the calc link with the new link.

According to Wikipedia, Super Diaper Baby literally gained Captain Underpants's powers after they were drained from him.

If that's the case, then in my opinion there shouldn't even be a "likely" or "possibly" rather Captain Underpants is straight up 5-A.

I haven't read Super Diaper Baby, so I am not sure.

However according to the same Wikipedia article, unlike Captain Underpants who eventually became real, Super Diaper Baby is still a just a figment of George and Harold's imagination.

So I'm not sure if it'd be appropriate to scale them. Unless the profile isn't using Mr. Krupp CU and instead the CU within George and Harold's comics.

Well, I'm pretty sure that when they used their ring or whatever on him, he became that exact being that George and Harold essentially created. They make another being, Super Diaper Baby, who is supposed to be equal to CU. We do have a planetary statement from him, and due to te backgrounds of both characters, I personally don't see any reason on why they shouldn't be scaled to each other.

Although, I haven't read this series in a long while either. I'd have to go dig through a ton of old books and see if we still have em and see if I find anything.

Captain Underpants's powers have nothing to do with the ring. He didn't even have powers the first 2 books.

CU gained his superhuman abilities through alien radioactive material falling on him.

And if Super Diaper Baby isn't even canon. And isn't an actual entity, rather a fictional character George and Harold presume is as strong as CU, then I do not think they should scale.

That's like if two ignorant kids wrote a story in which their planetbusting superhero is as strong as Michael Jordan, then saying Michael Jordan is a planetbuster because of that.

Of course if Captain Underpants's profile is only based on the George and Harold comics and not on canonical Mr. Krupp CU, then the scaling should be perfectly fine.

Maybe we can have two keys? One based off his actual feats (5-B scaling off of Captain Blunderpants) and the other based off the comic feats? (5-A)

Darkanine said:
Maybe we can have two keys? One based off his actual feats (5-B scaling off of Captain Blunderpants) and the other based off the comic feats? (5-A)
I agree with making separate keys.

However where does the 5-B statement come from? And is it entirely reliable? With the amount of scrutiny Dragon Ball, One Punch Man and other heavily established statements get on this site, it seems a bit unfair to immediately give CU and Planet rating on the fly.

Ah, then my memory on it is worse than I thought.

I see the comparison you're making, however Michael Jordon isn't based off a character.

Here's the quote:

"The series revolves around two fourth graders, George Beard and Harold Hutchins, living in Piqua, Ohio, and Captain Underpants, an aptly named superhero from one of the boys' homemade comic books, that accidentally becomes real when George and Harold hypnotize their ill-tempered principal, Mr. Krupp. Soon after, Mr. Krupp gains superpowers by drinking alien juices."

So he did become Captain Underpants, and those Alien Juices give him to powers of captain underpants. Also, he apparently knows of them once he becomes CU, which could be connected to him originally being a character of their stories.

If not though, then there could be a seperate key to be safe.

I'm going off what I've heard from Sea. I forget the exact scene, but basically one of the kids (I think Melvin?) said that if George and Harold did a certain thing three times in a row, that the Earth would be destroyed, them doing the action summoned Blunderpants, implying he could destroy the world.

Of course, he'd probably know better than me. My memory is pretty crap.

@Sparky The fact that Michael Jordan isn't a fictional character doesn't make the analogy invalid. It's just an arbitrary difference.

Just because George and Harold wrote a story where a certain superhero is as strong as an actual person in their verse, doesn't mean we should scale the actual person and the kids' made up hero.

The quote says nothing of Captain Underpants gaining the same powers as the fictionalized CU. Rather he gains superpowers akin to the fictional counterpart.

@Dark That honestly seems extremely vague honestly. Even more so than a planetbusting statement would've been. It's just a statement that an action would destroy earth but instead Blunderpants appears. Though I am not sure.

Regardless I think having a separate key for CU as 5-A would be perfectly fine.

Well, it is implied that Blunderpants is indeed that thing that would end the world, as he is what is summoned. So that statement is connected to him regardless.

If Blunderpants is supposed to be what's going to end the world then sure thing.

But then there is the issue of whether or not CB ending the world can immediately be taken as him destroying the planet in a single attack.

However I'm not certain. I'm fine with whatever staff think is best.

Before I forget about this, would it be alright if I apply the changes? Basically just the speed upgrade and switching the link for the Large Planet level calc.

I finally performed the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back