• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Marvel's AP

So, what is the general consensus here?

She had a thread closed that had her fighting Vegeta because it was said she doesn't fully scale to 300 kilofoe. This contradicts her AP justifications though. Ignore the stuff about She-Hulk and Wonder Man, we say that's she's comparable to Model Prime Iron Man. So that we're clear:

Hulk (1 Megafoe) >= Hulkbuster << Model 50 armor (Can oneshot Hulkbuster) < Model Prime Iron Man = Captain Marvel

So, Carol scales to a an Iron Man Armor that's sitting around 1 Megafoe or even a bit above by her being comparable to Model Prime Iron Man. But she's not 300 Kilofoe???

I'm just trying to make sense of this here.

The entire thread started with people assuming that she backscales from the 400 (I assumed that they mean 387) Kilofoe based on a comment from the OP and the logic contining from there. Then it seem likes it was just decided that Carol doesn't full scale to the even 300 kilofoe and the thread was closed. Maybe I missed something.

Here's the entire thread. Warning, it's long.

The reason for why Schnee closed the thread was same why Zark close it first: Throw a random statement about the AP of one character, with no explanation to back it while simultaneously ignoring all the previous discussion, closing the thread without let question "why Cap/Vegeta is X and no Z?

That thread turn into waste.

I'm so tempted to redo the thread (or one like it) just make up for how that went down. Such an unsatsifactory ending...

Honestly, I haven't seen such bad logic in awhile.

Again, I didn't close it for the AP gap, the general consensus was that Vegeta opens with Dirty Fireworks, which is just a oneshot, and literally everyone on the thread supported that notion.

If every supporter of a verse on the thread says "Oh it's an opening move" I'm not gonna say "no lol"

I'll be frank, it kind sounds like they didn't want him to lose but I understand what you mean.

I will say this, for Saiyan or Namek sage Vegeta, it's a legit tactic.

Rofl at Vegeta opening with Dirty Fireworks let alone using it at all in a fight, that move he hasn't used since the Namek arc. Also, locking a thread for that reason just seems wrong.

Mate if I told you Captain Marvel spams her bioelectricity absorbs as opening movie with out of context scans, as 4 other supporters say "Oh yeah it's completely in-canon" while you know very little about the verse, I'd like to see you attempt to justify it. I was like, the only supporter there.

When supporters try THIS level of misinformation, it's extremely cheap.

Zark2099 said:
Mate if I told you Captain Marvel spams her bioelectricity absorbs as opening movie with out of context scans, as 4 other supporters say "Oh yeah it's completely in-canon" while you know very little about the verse, I'd like to see you attempt to justify it. I was like, the only supporter there.
When supporters try THIS level of misinformation, it's extremely cheap.
You're right, I didn't mean it to sound like I was blaming you entirely. The people who are actively claiming Vegeta would use it whilst fully knowing how completely out of character that would be are to blame.

Let's punish them then by disallowing them to use multipliers anymore, if they go to give that form of misinformation just to make Vegeta win, then I don't trust them into using multiplier for DB overall as they also can just inflate the numbers whenever the character they are going for is losing.

Feel free to make a CRT for that lol, it'll never get accepted.

We do need concrete values though, they just make up values on the spot for them "If we use multipliers like this they're 33 Mega but when we use like this they're 4 mega at best"

I remember that thread. Some of the supporters certainly ignored me when I told them that dirty fireworks is not at all in character. And I provided specific examples as well.

I'm certainly all for redoing the thread with the new information with regards to her AP. Since, initially at least, that was the primary reason for Vegeta winning.

Also, may I have a link to the accepted multipliers for DBZ please? I always assumed they just used the kaioken multipliers, as well as the SSJ ones in the databooks. So I'm confused on where the range of values is coming from.

Zark@ A CRT is uneeded, just tell them to no use/assume multiplier that aren't verified and accepted by the staff or profiles.

Kinda like when we ban people for making low-quality pages.

It is straight up bullshit to not have concrete values for it, yeah

@Maximoff Maaaaaayyyyyyyyybbbeeeeeeee. Spino found more 4-B feats than 4-A ones, they'll go through evaluations to see if they're legit or not

We are not rating Carol as 4-A. She is consistently comparable to other 4-B level characters.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
I heard something about 4-A marvel being a thing, is that true?
@Ant

4-A upgrades for ALL of Marvel, not just Carol, so those 4-Bs would become 4-A too

I think that would be a severe exaggeration for them. It would also need considerable input from all of our most knowledgeable members, and this is an extremely bad time to try to enforce such a drastic change.

not really, it's just one tier up upgrade, nothing really extraordinary

also it isn't being proposed now, just thought of

It would be many trillions of times higher than most of their high-level feats, which are already ridiculously higher than their general displayed power levels. What would even be the basis for this?

we have updates that raise characters of several infinities on a normal basis, so calm yourself bud

Probably countless stars shaking feats or something

It seems like an outlier to me if that is true.

could be, could be not, depends on how many of those there are

anyway, back on topip, wasn't the WW Hulk casual when he fought the Hulkbuster ?

He was not being casual, in not point of the fight he stated that he was holding back (And it would contradict the point of him being on earth for revenge).

And the armor legitmately matched him at begining, even piercing his skin and sending him flying through building with a punch, Hulk just eventually overpowered the armor.

Back