• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can you shatter Diamond with Sound?

I was wondering, with a feat involving sound, can Diamond shatter from it? if so, how many decibels would it take to do so in order to get energy from it?

yes you can, this would depend on the size and shape of the diamond as well as the frequency of the sound wave
Okay, thank you, the size i got is 361027.62 m^3, for the frequency, that will be hard if i don’t know how to find wavel to divide by the speed of sound.

since I can't find anything to give an idea of a amplitude or wavelength, I will be using the shortest length because the feat uses a very loud shout, so it is 1.7 cm.

This would result in 20176.47 hz.

for the sake of consistenty, I will be using 2.74 meter for wavelength with sound at room temperature.

the frequency would be 125.18248175182 hertz

So what would be the next step, what am I to do with the size and the frequency?

for the sake of consistenty, I will be using 2.74 meter for wavelength with sound at room temperature.

the frequency would be 125.18248175182 hertz

So what would be the next step, what am I to do with the size and the frequency?
calculate the energy of the sound wave
energy = (amplitude)^2 * (1/2) * speed of sound * frequency

Back