• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can someone explain Reality-Fiction?

I don't really understand why viewing a lower plane, or dimension as being fiction grants such high tiering? Is it really just that or is there are some other specifications that go with it?

In the real world, we view things as fiction all the time, that doesn't mean we can affect them. They're still abstract. I can't destroy the spongebob series. The most I could do is destroy all related spongebob materials, get rid of everyone who remembers or take their memories away. But even then, I'm not destroying the series, just burying it in history so its lost forever. Something that no one knows existed still existed.

But of course fiction is fiction. A character can simply reality warp and get rid of spongebob and make it so that it never existed in the first place. This however brings me to my next question:

Is the high tiering because the character who views lower planes as fiction, can do whatever they want to the lower plane and the lower planes can't effect them? If so what is the difference between a character B than can do that do a plane that they view as just as real as them? Does that character B get the same high tiering?

Just being Reality-Fiction doesn't grant higher tier by default, you need to prove that the plane that view another plane as fiction to be superior to get that tier, and sure you need feat of affecting said structure, no one give you Outerverse tier just because you living on an Outerverse plane. Anyway it is depend contexts

General Bump.

Just being Reality-Fiction doesn't grant higher tier by default, you need to prove that the plane that view another plane as fiction to be superior to get that tier, and sure you need feat of affecting said structure, no one give you Outerverse tier just because you living on an Outerverse plane. Anyway it is depend contexts
what’s the difference between affecting a structure you see as fiction and are superior to it, and then doing the same thing to a structure that you’re not superior to or is real?

Last edited:
So What gives the higher tier?
Viewing something as fiction and having valid context that it means transcendence in some way. If I view a Low 2-C Structure as fiction and transcend it, that means I'm beyond the logical framework a Low 2-C Structure is built on. It doesn't matter if there are 5, or Infinite, we are simply not on the same level.

Viewing something as fiction and having valid context that it means transcendence in some way. If I view a Low 2-C Structure as fiction and transcend it, that means I'm beyond the logical framework a Low 2-C Structure is built on. It doesn't matter if there are 5, or Infinite, we are simply not on the same level.
So what feats are used to confirm transcendence in this case?

If a character A views Structure B as being fiction, and transcends it in someway, let's say by being able to do Action C to Structure B. That can warrant them to be a tier above Structure B?

So, if character D views Structure B as being real and doesn't transcend it in the same way character A transcend structure B, but Character D can do Action C to Structure B, does character D get the same tier as character A?

Back