• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Luffy bypass infinity? (Luffy vs Gojo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he has any ability that ignores distance or spawns directly, don't see how he bypasses it

A question about haki, is it stated to nullify devil fruits themselves or devil fruit abilities?

Bro what...? Your mis equating what I'm saying... Luffy changed an ability from just his imagination... There's no reason why he wouldn't be able to change infinity to just his imagination...
There is, because he's never shown spatial or mathematics manipulation.

prove infinity can effect things like willpower based energy... He does not have non physical interaction with it...
I just need to prove that Haki has to travel a physical distance and it'd be negated. Since they have to punch people and shockwaves can miss its not an automatic attack.

The only way Haki is getting through infinity in my view is if you equate DF powers with demon energy and give Luffy layered spatial resistance.

Bro what...? Your mis equating what I'm saying... Luffy changed an ability from just his imagination... There's no reason why he wouldn't be able to change infinity to just his imagination... That's like completely ignoring the feat and saying he can't do the things he can do
It's like saying Luffy imagination can remove a space with Concept type 1,2,3 just because he can imagine anything. Although, he might remove the space but can't remove the Concepts. Luffy imagination can't affect the Mathematical aspect of Infinity or Unlimited Void unless stated that he can imagine things like that.

None of that is accepted. There has to be feats of nearly an infinite amount of characters using Domain Amp to try and overcome Infinity, with each being superior to the other in terms of negating other spatial hax, and only the disaster curses and Sukuna have ever used it against Gojo. And what is "near endless"? That seems like NLF to me.
I dont think you understand my point from what I read here. Do you know why Sukuna is superior to the other curse disasters in Domain Amplification? Because he has greater output. As long as your output is greater than X character in output, you overpower it. That's how DA works against Gojo's neutral infinity, and how gojo overpowered them.
Also why is near endless NLF? I just explained a simple concept of how the increase works. I'm not saying it is infinite lol. Gojo obviously has a cap and that's Sukuna since they're rivals in output hence his Neutral Limitless can't overpower Sukuna's output of DA.
That doesn't mean Sukuna and Disaster curses are the only ones that gojo Neutral limitless scales above tho going by narrative. Anybody with DA weaker than Sukuna's DA? Gojo overpowers that with his neutral infinity. Same goes for the person with DA weaker than that person, and it goes on, hence why I said near endless, with the obvious cap being Sukuna. It doesn't go on forever but it is high.
If you go by feats then yeah it is Sukuna and disaster curses, but like it isn't a simple Sukuna DA > Jogo and Hanami DA.
The layers of output between them is naturally vast. More than just a simple ">" simple due to how big of a difference they have in strength. There's like obvious several different tiers apart between em in output.
Idk what Buso is and how it is weaker or stronger than DA tbh.

I just need to prove that Haki has to travel a physical distance and it'd be negated. Since they have to punch people and shockwaves can miss its not an automatic attack.

The only way Haki is getting through infinity in my view is if you equate DF powers with demon energy and give Luffy layered spatial resistance.
Why do you think that Gojo can detect Haki?

People still think he needs to detect it huh.
The difference between non automatic infinity and automatic infinity is that one targets indiscriminately if he so wishes, and the other does not, and chooses and picks. For example, when he's distracted or unaware, he has it target everything, just like when he was distracted with talking on phone, casual and some dude threw multiple knives at him from the side with gojo unaware (HI arc)
It was basically reliant on his perception so to speak, but not in having to actively choose his target per say. (Just like in the example I mentioned) He basically set up a technique's target in advance after toggling his infinity on and went on his day.

The reason why he made automatic system for infinity is for it to take care of everyday stuff for him on its own without the need for him to alter or change anything when he has already set in a built in code for it. For example when he wants to eat food or drink something, he wouldn't know what's in it.

But with the automatic infinity, which he has made it learn how to detect danger, negative substances and the like, he wouldn't need to worry about assassination shit like that anymore. He could just casually go for taking something and see his infinity pushing it away and understand something's wrong with it instantly, whereas if he has it manually used, it wouldn't really detect niche stuff like that, though if he wanted to he could just make his infinity target everything, but then he wouldn't be able to drink or eat or grab anything at that point, which is detrimental to him.

In essence, everyday life stuff has been solved for gojo with the automatic infinity, as well as with detecting dangers and the like. Anything else would be regarded as "infinity automatic stops this from coming contact with me"

Tryna bypass infinity is like trying to enter a checkpoint without a permit,which obviously won't work. those with permit (Gojo can make his infinity drop down around his students for example like he did with the Yuji and Nobara hugging him. Yaga and Gojo playful banter interaction) can however pass.
That's all.

People still think he needs to detect it huh.
The difference between non automatic infinity and automatic infinity is that one targets indiscriminately if he so wishes, and the other does not, and chooses and picks. For example, when he's distracted or unaware, he has it target everything, just like when he was distracted with talking on phone, casual and some dude threw multiple knives at him from the side with gojo unaware (HI arc)
It was basically reliant on his perception so to speak, but not in having to actively choose his target per say. (Just like in the example I mentioned) He basically set up a technique's target in advance after toggling his infinity on and went on his day.

The reason why he made automatic system for infinity is for it to take care of everyday stuff for him on its own without the need for him to alter or change anything when he has already set in a built in code for it. For example when he wants to eat food or drink something, he wouldn't know what's in it.

But with the automatic infinity, which he has made it learn how to detect danger, negative substances and the like, he wouldn't need to worry about assassination shit like that anymore. He could just casually go for taking something and see his infinity pushing it away and understand something's wrong with it instantly, whereas if he has it manually used, it wouldn't really detect niche stuff like that, though if he wanted to he could just make his infinity target everything, but then he wouldn't be able to drink or eat or grab anything at that point, which is detrimental to him.

In essence, everyday life stuff has been solved for gojo with the automatic infinity, as well as with detecting dangers and the like. Anything else would be regarded as "infinity automatic stops this from coming contact with me"

Tryna bypass infinity is like trying to enter a checkpoint without a permit,which obviously won't work. those with permit (Gojo can make his infinity drop down around his students for example like he did with the Yuji and Nobara hugging him. Yaga and Gojo playful banter interaction) can however pass.
That's all.
Allat and he still lost to Yami

Because those same arguments were being used (well, not exactly).

They were talking about how Gojo's conceptual manip worked and how Yami somehow wasn't gonna bypass it, yet, he won the match.
? Huh? I never brought up anything conceptual? Wtf. I just explained as to how the automatic system with infinity works. And how it isn't reliant on Gojo's perception to stop things and the like or switch technique's targets or whatever.

Also this here isn't a match? It's a question and answer thing... So I don't see the relevance really.

? Huh? I never brought up anything conceptual? Wtf. I just explained as to how the automatic system with infinity works. And how it isn't reliant on Gojo's perception to stop things and the like or switch technique's targets or whatever.

Also this here isn't a match? It's a question and answer thing... So I don't see the relevance really.
I thought we were just talking about the concept manip a page ago?

I'm ******* lost. Anyways, back to Haki. Someone asked for Buso, so here it is: Initial Stage
Energy Manipulation, Minor Forcefield Creation and Statistics Amplification (Users of Busoshoku Haki are capable of manipulating their energy into a spiritual invisible armor which covers characters' bodies[1])
Body Control (Allows users to increase the density of parts or the entirety of their bodies)
Elemental Intangibility Negation (Capable of negating the elemental transformation of characters[1], allowing them to touch their true bodies and inflict pain[1], even when they are fully transformed into their element[34])
Resistance Negation (Haki can negate resistances of characters[54][16])
Regeneration Negation (At least Mid, likely Mid-High; Haki users are capable of negating externally accelerated natural regeneration[55], like the regeneration granted by the Tori Tori no Mi: Model Phoenix[56])
Resistance to
Devil Fruit abilities (Buso Haki has been stated to be able to block devil fruit abilities[57], seen when Doflamingo blocked Trafalgar Law's Amputate[58] and when Trafalgar Law stated that his Shambles ability would not work against those with superior Buso to him[59])
Heat Manipulation (Sanji states that Buso assists him in withstanding heat[60])
Resistance Negation (Users with superior Buso can resist the affects of Haki negating their resistances, shown with Gear 4th Luffy negating Doflamingo's negation of Luffy's resistance to physical attacks[37])
Elemental Intangibility Negation (Users with superior Buso resists the affects of Haki negating their elemental intangibility, shown with Shanks's buso negating Akainu's elemental intangibility while Marco and Vista's Buso couldn't[61][10])
Limited Resistance to
Bladed and Blunt Weaponry (Users of Armament Haki are capable of fending off attacks from sharp weapons comparable to their durability[42][62])

They were talking about the concept manip and filtering, so yeah, same difference
? How is that relevant to what the manga says about the filtering process, with the context from the HI arc spelling it out alongside Shibuya arc?
Like why does what happened at a match matter with some Q&A type shi bro. (Notwithstanding the fact that concept manip wasn't mentioned at all 🗿)

Resistance Negation (Haki can negate resistances of characters[54][16])
Uh what's the context to this. sounds rather ambiguous.

Everything else (well looking at the text that is, since there is no panels to look at, which I don't mind btw just judging the text only here) u showed looks OK to me (I barely know OP lol)

Uh what's the context to this. sounds rather ambiguous.
Someone asked about how Sukuna's DA compared to Basic Buso, so I dropped the abilities of basic Buso (forgive my formatting, I'm new).
Everything else (well looking at the text that is, since there is no panels to look at, which I don't mind btw just judging the text only here) u showed looks OK to me (I barely know OP lol)
The Haki page is just weird like that

michael-jackson-happily-eating-popcorn-g3mhiy1i1m2k6wwz.webp

Yeah not sure what all this yapping about automatic infinity is.

Gojo needs to be able to detect something for him to be able to then filter it out automatically with Infinity.

This is why in the past he struggled with poison gasses, because it was difficult for him to discern the individual molecular structures.

Haki is a metaphysical energy, meaning it doesn't have a material makeup. It wouldn't be detected even through Gojo's atomic vision with Six Eyes.

It also isn't at all similar to Cursed Energy so you can't argue verse equalization here. Willpower energy =/= negative emotion energy.

Yeah not sure what all this yapping about automatic infinity is.

Gojo needs to be able to detect something for him to be able to then filter it out automatically with Infinity.
No that's literally not how it works, I literally explained it. Even the manga itself spells it out that he created a automatic infinity, where it is no longer reliant on his perception. Stop saying shit without reading please cuz I literally went over and debunked this very argument above.

No that's literally not how it works, I literally explained it. Even the manga itself spells it out that he created a automatic infinity, where it is no longer reliant on his perception. Stop saying shit without reading please cuz I literally went over and debunked this very argument above.
What you mean that it's no longer manual, not that it is no longer reliant on perception. That part hasn't changed.

It is on you to prove that Infinity passively blocks out things Gojo is not aware of.

Unfortunately, you can't prove that whatsoever. The manga itself seems to go against this take given, again, he struggled with gasses, and he doesn't automatically block out light or sound.

I've had this debate multiple times. It is complete wank to say that Gojo's Infinity passively blocks out aspects of power systems that rely on concepts absent from his universe, because nothing remotely suggests he is capable of doing that without an awareness of said aspects.

I've had this debate multiple times. It is complete wank to say that Gojo's Infinity passively blocks out aspects of power systems that rely on concepts absent from his universe, because nothing remotely suggests he is capable of doing that without an awareness of said aspects.
To close this and answer the OP then, would you agree with the following:

• Without prior knowledge Gojo is unlikely to detect haki
  • With prior knowledge and without DF/Cursed Energy equalization Luffy currently cannot negate his spatial manipulation
  • If you equalize DF with Cursed energy then Luffy out-layers Gojo's power and overpowers it

Ok?

What? When did blitzing gojo become relevant lol. You think automatic infinity dependent on his perception? Prove that 😂
Now people just making up shit about gojo's infinity being dependent on speed now. Go show this being stated on the profile while you're at it.

Irrelevant debunked argument. He manipulates space on that level. Manipulating space to change on that level is far more better than what sodium atoms can do in slowing down subatomic particles 😭 why are you not getting this simple concept. You're trying so hard to ignore spatial manip.

You didn't because you're completely taking it out of context, lmao. Again show me gojo saying he didn't finish what he was working on when we see him explicitly finished with long teleportation and domain expansion or concede on this dead hill point.
If he didn't finish it he would say this but he does not, ever. U would think he would mention this issue of automatic infinity not being able to distinguish what's a actual negative substance or not but he doesn't, whereas he has explicitly shown us two things he has finished on and more.
Now you relying on this garbage smoke argument that is debunked to oblivion. Cognitive bias at its best unfortunately.

What I showed was far more complex than simple smoke. Are you just arguing to argue here? If so stop wasting my time please.

More difficult to detect than simple random toxins u don't even know about 😂

And that was back THEN, compared to now. You know WHY it was difficult? Not because he can't see it. Quite the contrary he can see simple stuff like that just fine. It's because Gojo's having issues with forcing infinity to automatically recognize negative substances AT that time where he was still training and growing and perfecting his infinity. Additionally he was working on Domain expansion that is unimaginably more difficult than that, alongside long range teleportation. He got these two on screen fixed already through feats. You saying random toxins isn't is just baseless conjecture where the context of the manga tells you that the issues he had is simply gone. No need for it to say all three are gone either. Gege just shows it.

Ignorant argument that ignores the point that Gojo was seemingly hit and tripping despite in reality not being the case here (he was acting). Same goes for that smoke. Prove he wasn't fake coughing or concede.
Additionally you're arguing something as simple as "harmful" smoke which isn't really complex, is something gojo didn't make implement his technique's target to stop from, when he has far more better feats than simple smoke detection 😭
If you're ignoring this then you're just arguing to argue for bias.

Dodging doesn't mean he doesn't automatically use infinity. It is stated he uses it 24/7
**- Yup. It's working.

• What even was that?!
  • Was the target selected automatically?

- YUP!
Text outside balloon - (To be more precise...)

They were being selected manually, but now the process is automatic.
I can already sort the objects by spell power — but now I can also sort the risk of harm by mass, speed, and shape!

Would be nice to sort them by poison levels, but that's still pretty hard now.
With this, I can basically use the Limitless all the time, with minimal resources!**
Here's the image of the raw scan:
Have you even read the manga? Have you even read THE profile? Because literally NOWHERE, and NOBODY argues gojo doesn't have his infinity on. 24/7
I'm convinced you're trolling by saying he doesn't use his infinity there. Like straight up trolling.
We're told he uses infinity almost 24/7. The only times he doesn't is when he is around those that are close ones to him (Yaga his former teacher and Gojo's students hugging him and the like)

Also wtf? No he didn't say it was effective. He only said Jogo's way of combining sound and explosion is clever. That's not saying it would work on him. Can you stop making fanfiction?

Also again, Gojo dodging something doesn't mean it is effective against him. You need to prove this, and go against the story when he specifically says Jogo did not touch him at all.

Prove that or concede with this blatant bias. Literally nowhere does he say he disabled his infinity. It's the opposite - He says he has it on.
Why the hell would he need to use manual infinity which is inferior to his automatic infinity in refinement, skill etc?

It is definitive proof. Prove it isn't or drop this argument. I literally showed you Gojo purposefully stumbling to act as if he was hit, to connect it to Gojo coughing only once (no forced coughing motion where the body forcefully reacts) as just him fake coughing, especially when the context of the scene shows him not reacting at all in a much denser smoke, only starting to talk after the smoke has mostly dissipated if not almost all. You need to prove he wasn't fake coughing when he was earlier acting around (trolling)

Infinity works 24/7 but not with those that are too difficult for him to distinguish like toxins. Which is how for example a toxin blitzing or gojo getting caught off guard with it, will bypass his infinity.

Not here to argue at all, just want the truth, it's you who are here only to argue by keep on spamming arguments without proof based on headcanon... Saying he was just simply joking is just not proof

The same Haki can be applied to a spatial cut that has no travel time... Explain how gojo will be able to effect haki when someone else's spatial manipulation can't effect it (not to do with haki's powernull or resistance)
There is, because he's never shown spatial or mathematics manipulation.
Bro... Stop... Are you saying someone that can erase your existence from just a thought would need spatial or mathematics manipulation to affect gojo..?

One does not need said ability to bypass an ability

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back