• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Goku survive a black hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand at all what you guys are talking about... So... (Walks away) Goku can escape Black Holes though, with his speed, he can't tank a singularity and he has no feats on converting ki into Anti-Matter blasts.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
wait, doesnt imaginary refer to the even root of a negative, so wouldnt imaginary time be represented by a complex number
also, the laws of nature specifically break down cuz the current equations say that the singularity is infinitly dense due to the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ4zlvqOtE8

4:20 onwards
Stephen Hawking said to imagine time as a 2D graph. We're on the X-Axis, Imaginary Time is on the Y-Axis.

I know what a singularity is and I know things break down but there are ways around that. Plus nothing really "breaks down", we just don't have a Theory of Everything yet so what does happen is incompatible with other models.

well idk how fictional singularities work, and we dont know how real ones work, but if u can chnage the angular momentum of a black hole significantly, u might be able to destroy it

LordXcano said:
wait, doesnt imaginary refer to the even root of a negative, so wouldnt imaginary time be represented by a complex number
also, the laws of nature specifically break down cuz the current equations say that the singularity is infinitly dense due to the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ4zlvqOtE8

4:20 onwards
Stephen Hawking said to imagine time as a 2D graph. We're on the X-Axis, Imaginary Time is on the Y-Axis.
I know what a singularity is and I know things break down but there are ways around that. Plus nothing really "breaks down", we just don't have a Theory of Everything yet so what does happen is incompatible with other models.
tbh nothing might truely break down- but since current theories predict the breakdown, they seem to insufficient to describe a black hole (as said by phycisists)

then again, black holes only break you down cuz they strech spacetime, and u are attached to spacetime- thats relativity

but there is no relativity in dbs- so for all we know a black hole in dbs might not even suck him in

also, about hawking: he said to imagine time like a plane, but was he just giving a simple analogy, or was he literally explaining what happens, cuz almost all the time the analogy made by physcists are dumbed down so others can understnad, kaku on the other hand, explained using the equations that since one part of the equaiton becomes undefined, the whole equation is meaningless

If you ask me, Goku could easily escape it Li,e it's nothing at all, why? Well if light cannot escape the black hole at its speed, Goku can since he surpassed the speed of light such a long time ago when he first landed on Namek. At that time when he was fighting Freiza (before he turned SSJ) he was going Kaioken x10, which is around a power lvl of 1 million, and that's when he surpassed the speed of light. I would say now Goku is at least a million times faster than light because now, he can go SSJ Blue and has a total power lvl of around 1.8 Quadrillion, I'm not bluffing guys. Anyway Goku is getting stronger throughout Dragon Ball Super. So I say that he could EASILY escape a black hole or obliterate it without breaking a single sweat.

Thank You.

SlmanFnan said:
Escaping the event horizon of a black hole isn't the same as surviving the singularity, which I think is what the OP was asking about.

You also can't "obliterate" a black hole by normal means.

What's so interesting about putting people inside of black holes who should know can't deal with a black hole at all, standard real life ones and the others that are less accurate than the former? I mean seriously. The only ways any black hole would be outright useless, as in, can't pull this person, they can't be indirectly or directly destroyed or affected negatively if they have go beyond the third-dimensional state of their being, use abilities that outright bypass the intangibility of singularities and nothingness, which unlike normal energy, cannot be stopped by even black holes, and is infinite durability debatable for this?

Tbh, this thread is really old and after almost a year, I'm pretty sure I know the answer. Goku can survive a fictional black, but a real black hole, we just don't know due to what little knowledge that wer have on black holes.

Easiest ways to survive a singularity which functions like an actual singularity.

• Have infinite durability
  • Be higher dimensional
  • Be intangible
  • Have strong enough gravity manipulation
  • Have strong enough spatial manipulation
etc.

being higher dimensional wont do shit tbh

i mean as long as you avoid the coordinates of a black hole u r ok, but once you enter the coordinates, you are done for

its like me and a 2-D black hole/ brane, once i enter its 2-D range, im done x_x

also technically in a black hole, space and time are undefined....

so nothing survives a conventional black hole, or black holes as we know them, but hey blaack holes may turn out to be worm hole harbours, so they may not destroy anything permanently

Then how would explain this to an Outer God? We could all say Goku can't survive a black hole.

Dekoshu said:
Then how would explain this to an Outer God?
fictional black holes dont work like real ones

and anything beyond dimensions doesnt really function in a logical system iirc (if thats what you meant)

OK. If they are beyond dimensional, are they excluded? There's no way a mere sigularity is going to take them out like that. They do surpass logic completely.

OK. Now that I think about it, being higher-dimensional alone isn't enough if they could alter the properties of the singularity, right? 3-D? Nah, I'm 10-dimensional. What?! 10-dimensional black holes?! Is that what you meant?

Dekoshu said:
OK. Now that I think about it, being higher-dimensional alone isn't enough if they could alter the properties of the singularity, right? 3-D? Nah, I'm 10-dimensional. What?! 10-dimensional black holes?! Is that what you meant?
m8 black holes make any space time invalid, the number of spatial dimensions effected is the number of spatial dimensions there are in the system

personally i like 1-spatial and 1-time dimensional black holes, as they can show, how using a slating mathematical symptote, u cannot escape them, but i need a relativistic setting for it

Dekoshu said:
Depends on exactly what degree of higher dimensional you are. Because the singularity of a black hole is literally just a point, but matter is infinitely dense and space-time curves infinitely, and the laws of physics cease to operate as we know them. So technically, you'd have to be on a level which puts you beyond traditional laws of physics in your verse (in real life, I don't know what that would constitute as).

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Dekoshu said:
Depends on exactly what degree of higher dimensional you are. Because the singularity of a black hole is literally just a point, but matter is infinitely dense and space-time curves infinitely, and the laws of physics cease to operate as we know them. So technically, you'd have to be on a level which puts you beyond traditional laws of physics in your verse (in real life, I don't know what that would constitute as).
well technically, what u r trying to say is that if there r laws more general than normal, yes, but the argument is more or less null, unless a logical system of such laws is shown

TLT vs. your average blackhole.

I vote for blackhole-kun, because blackholes are rly cool m8.

Memes aside, who wins?

well technically, what u r trying to say is that if there r laws more general than normal, yes, but the argument is more or less null, unless a logical system of such laws is shown
Yeah, but I guess the problem is we don't know said system, so I suppose something just has to be stated to be "beyond physics" or whatever since it's impossible to determine otherwise due to lack of frame of reference.

Yeah, but I guess the problem is we don't know said system, so I suppose something just has to be stated to be "beyond physics" or whatever since it's impossible to determine otherwise due to lack of frame of reference.
nah not beyond phys, once your argument sticks to that, you basically dig yourself into a logical ditch, the laws themselves have to be mathematically coherent and empirircally proven, and if they do extend beyond current known laws, then that is no problem (if that is what u meant)

sorry if i misunderstood u

and if they do extend beyond current known laws, then that is no problem (if that is what u meant)
This is more what I meant.

I probably could have phrased it better, but I'm tired.

Being beyond "the laws of physics" entirely is at the point of "it's fiction and I don't have to explain it", so obviously there's no proving that with...logic.

and if they do extend beyond current known laws, then that is no problem (if that is what u meant)
This is more what I meant.
I probably could have phrased it better, but I'm tired.

Being beyond "the laws of physics" entirely is at the point of "it's fiction and I don't have to explain it", so obviously there's no proving that with...logic.
yes, well personally, once beings go beyond logical systems, i just depend on wog and character statements for finding power relations

Goku can escape from event horizon, but he can't survive a black hole, so answer is no. He hasn't shown any resistance against spacetime manipulation.

A question. Let's say a character punches a singularity (becasue he's stupid) that has been consistently shown as like it is irl. The black hole then grows twice in size, and the character survives and escapes the black hole. Does that make him high 3-A?

speed of light is the highest speed possible, and a black hole is defined as a point that light cannot escape.

Goku is likely universe buster at this point, but he cant destroy a black hole? i mean,his fight with bills can make the whole universe tremble.

You mean a proper, standard black hole destroys anything and is literally irresistable to anyone whose durability and immunity is not immeasurable or beyond logic?

So how would Goku get to the point in which he would even encounter a black hole? Because if the black hole is in space how would he survive long enough to encounter its effect. With that said he's probably fast enough to escape the event horizon but what good will that do?

Well, goku cannot survive in outer space, so he can't survive a black hole (surviving like in standing there as if nothing happened), if the question is if goku can escape one, then yes of course, he is MFTL+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back