• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can force kill characters like Goku

So apparently some people think that Darth Sidious could beat Goku or something via force hax. Would they work on someone like Goku? Would it work on someone like accelerator that can reflect all vectors? Will it work on someone like Othnius whose a magic god?

Just wondering what kind of limits there are to the force.

The Force itself probably can kill Goku if the user is strong and proficient enough. But I didn't see any force user which can pull such stunt on Goku.

Not a star wars expert, but doesn't the force have some amounts of mind attacks or something?

I believe mind attacks are usually why such threads make them out as winner. (from what I catched at least)

So if the character doesn't have a form of resistance against it, I guess it does work...

So goku doesn't have resistance against mind attacks as far as I remember.

For Accelerator I would have to know in detail how force mind attacks are supposed to work, that is hard to judge.

On Othinus it should work as far as I know.

It should work on Othnius whose like a magic god? She can't defend against something that low leveled?

Yeah, Star Wars characters are some of the best TP'ers out there, literally able to TP billions to trillions of people at once for the strongest characters.

BTW the force works because it controls the fabric of the universe or something right? But that doesn't really tell us anything lol. Does it require vectors for it to work? Can it do more than just telekinesis and possible mind control?

The Everlasting said:
Yeah, Star Wars characters are some of the best TP'ers out there, literally able to TP billions to trillions of people at once for the strongest characters.
But Othinius can rewrite the universe with literally no effort with a snap of her fingers. Surely it's a NLF that she'll be affected by something like that right?

Oh, lol btw though how exactly does the force work? I read a few articles but none of them really describe it well. Does it require vectors? Is it through dimensions? Or is it just like magic?

Aurasuke said:
But Othinius can rewrite the universe with literally no effort with a snap of her fingers. Surely it's a NLF that she'll be affected by something like that right?
The thing is magical power/durability and physical power/durability is unrelated to mental durability.

Basically Othinus mind still works similar to that of a human. It isn't some higher state of conciousness or anything. So as far as we know there isn't much of a reason to believe that she can endure an attack to her mind better than a human with a strong will.

At least passively, as in standing just there. Active defenses would be a different matter in that she can just cancel it out by reality warping, but just standing there doing nothing? Not really much higher durability against mind attacks than a normal human.

But don't Magic Gods have a bunch of defensive measures they take so that they don't get pwned by someone like Mental Out? She was able to actually threatened Kakine even though Kakine is supposedly immortal.

DontTalk said:
Aurasuke said:
The thing is magical power/durability and physical power/durability is unrelated to mental durability.
Basically Othinus mind still works similar to that of a human. It isn't some higher state of conciousness or anything. So as far as we know there isn't much of a reason to believe that she can endure an attack to her mind better than a human with a strong will.

At least passively, as in standing just there. Active defenses would be a different matter in that she can just cancel it out by reality warping, but just standing there doing nothing? Not really much higher durability against mind attacks than a normal human.
Your wrong there. Physical condition has alot to do with mental fortitude and unless she's shown herself weak to Telepathy I doubt it would work on such an individual.

The Everlasting said:
Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Aurasuke said:
Does it require vectors for it to work?
What is this, literally every Accelerator fight?
You have no idea how long I've waited for someone to say that.
Lol which part though? BTW Oh wait I think i get it now lol, this is actually true

I found this.

"Well, the Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together."

―Obi-Wan Kenobi — Gnome-speakernotesListen (file info)[src]

The Force was an energy field that connected all living things in the galaxy.[1] The power of the Force could be used by individuals who were sensitive to it, a power that was tapped through the midi-chlorians.[2]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Force

I watched all the movies but I can't possible remember a detail like this lol.

Just because you can't remember that detail doesn't mean it never happened. Also, you evidently never paid attention to the movies, since all these things were established.

@ Regulator
Does being convinced by the main character count? Lol jk Othinius has never actually been shown to weak to anything (except cats if you count her form after she gave up her god powers)

Promestein said:
Just because you can't remember that detail doesn't mean it never happened. Also, you evidently never paid attention to the movies, since all these things were established.
I watched the movies literally more than 5 times, I also own all of them on DVD. But that was quite awhile ago so I suppose I can't remmeber everything.

Well at any rate if it's a field that means that it's something that can't really affect Accelerator because it has vectors (fields have vectors, magnetic, eletric etc.)

Can't wait until there's a thread in which whiny prequel Anakin is able to mindf#$k some godly reality warper because they didn't have enough of those dank ass midi-chlorians. Thanks, Lucas.

DontTalk said:
Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Aurasuke said:
Does it require vectors for it to work?
What is this, literally every Accelerator fight?
0100sdaklwjkAccel
(Just joking)
lol that is Hillarious! You forgot one part though, it's if it's a main character. Accelerator is weak against main characters apparently because he keeps losing to Touma.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Your wrong there. Physical condition has alot to do with mental fortitude and unless she's shown herself weak to Telepathy I doubt it would work on such an individual.
Please tell me more about how the thoughness of a body (or more abstract the force of the covalent bonds of atoms and similar things) relates to the electrical and chemical processes in ones brain or, like I suspect the force does, to the metaphysical object that a humans conciousness is sometimes assumed to be.

^ Would you like the physics or magic definition? In fiction physics goes out the window basically and they have their own physics in their own universes so maybe that holds.

In real life, it depends on how your controlling your opponent. Like using electrical signals or something of that sort.

Did you make this? lol BTW there's a theory that Accelerator likes touma. He says that he doesn't care about the world in new testament 10 and he cares only about the people on his cell phone. Touma is one of those people on his cell phone lol.

DontTalk said:
Please tell me more about how the thoughness of a body (or more abstract the force of the covalent bonds of atoms and similar things) relates to the electrical and chemical processes in ones brain or, like I suspect the force does, to the metaphysical object that a humans conciousness is sometimes assumed to be.
Please, don't be haughty with me. I was pretty sure I was more than respectful in ny reply to you. There is a direct link between physical fitness, the correction of chemical imbalances and of course, yes, even the electrical signals.

This isn't even addressing the fact of the assumption that a reality warper is able to be affected by something she has never been shown to be. (No clue about the metaphysical whatsits though. Typing? No, psychic is always super effective.)

Guess I can try replying. If by mental manipulating you are simply moving around electrical signal and chemical transmitters then, wait, I just realized this is fiction, lol it's impossible to argue using actual logic. basically for Othinius I she most likely has counter spells that work against mind control like this. For someone like Goku though, his stupidity is so atsonishing that the mind controller loses their mind while trying to control his makes him impossible to control therefore he can't be beaten by mind control (I only kidding about the second part)

"Please, don't be haughty with me."

My apologies for that. When I am in a good mood I tend to become sarcastic in arguments.

"This isn't even addressing the fact of the assumption that a reality warper is able to be affected by something she has never been shown to be. "

Just because we do not have an example does not mean it isn't like that. For example, just because I never broke my leg that doesn't mean I can't. The fact that she is a reality warper doesn't fundamentally change that. Per default a character needs durability feats to be assumed to be durable, not non-durability feats to be assumed to be fragil. That also applys to mental durability.

Of course as usual I would draw a line towards mental durability when it comes to characters with universe level+ durability, given that those should have transcended to a higher level of physical existence, that can not be found in normal objects in a sense (Universe level+ is pretty much the hax border for most things)

"There is a direct link between physical fitness, the correction of chemical imbalances and of course, yes, even the electrical signals."

Physical fitness may have a certain positive effect on the comparatively slight inbalaces that normally occur, but

a) it can not be assumed to get higher, when normal durability gets higher, because the ability to tank a punch or unleash a punch is only loosly related to the ability of certain organs to produce substances.

b) it hardly counteracts strong mind attacks. Something like that can be used to argue that something that one can defend against through a strong will can be resisted, but against an effective mind attack it is like trying to counteract the effects of someone forcefully rewiring hardware by using a good processor cooler. (couldn't think of a better metaphor)

Ah, no. I was jokingly referring to the "metaphysical object that a human conciousness is said to be". It's an alien enough concept that I was confused on whether or not he was referring to some network or hive mind they are all connected or something of the sort. Perhaps a theory that states the mind exists on a higher plane? Like a soul? *shrug* No clue.

@Aurasuke.

personally i argue it depends on the nature of the mind attacks and if the person who is durable has any sort of supernatural influece (like somehow ki protects you from electricity manipulation even though there's no proof, so this is really an assumption)

if it's something like magic, it would depend on whether or not the other person can defend against magic. being physical stronger won't help you unless you have magic defense. the thing is you can only be so strong physically without supernatural powers. Thus it's pretty dependent on the nature of those supernatural powers that help you defend against such attacks.

I would like to argue this from a biological point of view but seeing as Goku can blow up galaxies that idea is out the window as he clearly violates more laws of physics than I can agree upon.

@Don'tTalk no apologies necessary. This is the internet. I should have been a little more patient as well.

Anyway, I was operating under the idea that a reality warper on a conceptual level being "wired" like a normal human hard to believe but I do concede to the idea that durability does not have overt effects in regards to telepathic resistance.

Back