• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Bleach characters overcome mid godly with Soul crush?

Soul crush can damage the soul even if it does not erase it. Wouldn't "killing" the soul and sending it to the cycle of reincarnation bypass Low Godly?
He is basically saying those souls have regeneration like Aizen, Lille Barro, etc. Is nothing new in Bleach. Their souls may be harm but that won't stop their regeneration from activating and bringing them back.

That's not the souls being destroyed though. The spirit bodies might be gone, but bleach time and time again makes it a point that those killed by soul reapers just go somewhere else in their death. Their entire beef with the quincy is centered around the fact that soul reapers don't actually destroy souls.
There's no distinction between a spiritual body being gone and a soul being destroyed in this context lmao as they're supposed to be the same thing.

A low godly would not be able to regenerate that.
Not nescerrially, not only does not all Low-Godly rely on regening from the soul but the mechanics of a soul dying in bleach is more a case of BFR than actually negating regen.
A low godly wouldn't be able to regenerate their soul being destroyed which I've shown is what soul crush does, and thus couldn't regenerate from soul crush.

Edit: @Duedate8898 Quincy are the only race that removes souls from reincarnation, not the only race that has EE or destroys souls. Not all soul destruction requires type 4 immortality negation and as such they're different powers. You can destroy a soul without removing it from its type 4 immortality and there's no rule in bleach or on site saying that. Your argument is based on a false premise.

Last edited:
Technically, wouldn't they be able to due to their ability to restore themselves from their disembodied consciousness, which includes their soul?
No because the soul itself is being crushed along with their physical.

Low Godly is regenerating an entire physical form through an esoteric function, but a power like soul crush that destroys that esoteric aspect (the soul) would overcome it.

Only a mid godly and above who can regenerate that esoteric aspect can regen from soul crush

There's no distinction between a spiritual body being gone and a soul being destroyed in this context lmao as they're supposed to be the same thing.

A low godly would not be able to regenerate that.

A low godly wouldn't be able to regenerate their soul being destroyed which I've shown is what soul crush does, and thus couldn't regenerate from soul crush.
Not all low godly relies on souls in the first place. Someone who restores from energy or the mind (which should be fine since mind's being interwoven with souls is more a bleach thing) then they'd be fine to regen.
Edit: @Duedate8898 Quincy are the only race that removes souls from reincarnation, not the only race that has EE or destroys souls. Not all soul destruction requires type 4 immortality negation and as such they're different powers. You can destroy a soul without removing it from its type 4 immortality and there's no rule in bleach or on site saying that. Your argument is based on a false premise.
I specifically said the only consistent means for that reason. I know more than the quincy can erase souls, however a point in bleach itself is the destruction of souls is problematic. If Soul Crush truly destroyed souls in is usage then it would make the shinigami and hollows as much a threat to the soul cycle if not bigger. In bleach you can reduce a soul to atoms sure, but that's not destroying it. That's killing it and that's not one in the same with destruction

I mean it's kind of obvious that the only beings who erase souls with Soul Crush are "Transcendent," aka Aizen, Ichigo, Yhwach, SK, Hikone, and maybe Kenpachi.

That's a bleach rule and not a general rule.
If they can affect minds in their story they can on vs threads.
Not all low godly relies on souls in the first place. Someone who restores from energy or the mind (which should be fine since mind's being interwoven with souls is more a bleach thing) then they'd be fine to regen
A low godly would not be able to regenerate their mind soul and body being destroyed as that requires mid godly. This is just directly counter to what our regeneration standards are.

I specifically said the only consistent means for that reason. I know more than the quincy can erase souls, however a point in bleach itself is the destruction of souls is problematic. If Soul Crush truly destroyed souls in is usage then it would make the shinigami and hollows as much a threat to the soul cycle if not bigger. In bleach you can reduce a soul to atoms sure, but that's not destroying it. That's killing it and that's not one in the same with destruction
The removal of souls from reincarnation is problematic, not necessarily destroying souls, lest someone like Yamamotos trillions of corpses would be a problem since he has EE (Which would further debunk your notion of EE or soul destruction itself being a problem). The point is, it is completely dishonest for you to conflate these two things and act like you have an argument. I've explained how this is an issue of conflating which you did not address at all.

Here's the point
Soul Crush is shown destroying bodies
It's shown destroying souls as well, which includes the mind

Per the definition on the regeneration page, Mid Godly is needed to regenerate from destruction of the body soul and mind
Therefore, a Low Godly would not be able to regenerate from Soul Crush.

@Duedate8898 I think that your line of reasoning is that you think that in Bleach, if your soul is completely destroyed or EE'd you are inherently removed from Reincarnation in Bleach. If I'm wrong please clarify.

This is false for 2 main reasons

EE abilities straightfowardly don't inherently remove souls from reincarnation, this is best shown in the Yamamoto and Aizen case, along with any other EE ability Shinigami have.

We see that Yamamoto, a soul that was EE'd by a quincy (Yhwach) was able to be sent to hell, meaning he was still in reincarnation.

This is kinda shown with Ichibei's mausoleum technique as well, as Ichibe states he not only needs to Crush Yhwach's body into nothingness, but also on such a level he won't be able to reincarnate, further implying that EE doesn't inherently remove souls from reincarnation.

Verse Equalization would deal with that, it would allow the power to function how it does within its verse.
It wouldn't if it has no mechanic to do so. If the mind is not in the soul and the attack only affects the soul then it plainly isn't affecting the mind.

@Duedate8898 I think that your line of reasoning is that you think that in Bleach, if your soul is completely destroyed or EE'd you are inherently removed from Reincarnation in Bleach. If I'm wrong please clarify.

This is false for 2 main reasons

EE abilities straightfowardly don't inherently remove souls from reincarnation, this is best shown in the Yamamoto and Aizen case, along with any other EE ability Shinigami have.

We see that Yamamoto, a soul that was EE'd by a quincy (Yhwach) was able to be sent to hell, meaning he was still in reincarnation.
That either means Yammato doesn't have Existence Erasure or his isn't potent enough to destroy souls. It does not mean he erased a soul but that soul then somehow reappears to go somewhere else.
This is kinda shown with Ichibei's mausoleum technique as well, as Ichibe states he not only needs to Crush Yhwach's body into nothingness, but also on such a level he won't be able to reincarnate, further implying that EE doesn't inherently remove souls from reincarnation.
If it doesn't exist then it can't take part in reincarnation. There isn't a way to have your cake and eat it to with erasure. It's either erased or it isn't.

That either means Yammato doesn't have Existence Erasure or his isn't potent enough to destroy souls. It does not mean he erased a soul but that soul then somehow reappears to go somewhere else.

If it doesn't exist then it can't take part in reincarnation. There isn't a way to have your cake and eat it to with erasure. It's either erased or it isn't.
All of your arguments rely on this claim that if the soul is destroyed then it must not be in reincarnation. This assumption is just blatantly incorrect, and you have not justified it. I've explained this multiple. There's no point in talking to you if you're not even going to address me debunking this several times.

The claim very much is one the series itself goes through the trouble of making, that's why I respond to your explanations explaining why they're wrong. You seem for some reason to not realize the killing of souls and the destruction of them are two separate phenomenons in bleach.

Yammato killed those Hollows, he didn't destroy their souls. Coyote also killed the hollows around him, not destroying their souls.

Quincy destroy souls. Certain hado can destroy souls. Certain zanpakto can destroy souls.

Soul Crush however does not destroy souls. At least not generally, we do have the exception of Aizen.

Y'all are mixing up semantics. Also, Duedate you're falsely equivocating destruction with existence erasure. What Quincy due is erase the existence of the Hollow itself. When Starrk hits you with a Cero it's still going to destroy your soul, and it can do so without removing your soul from the cycle of reincarnation. Just like you can destroy a building without completely erasing it from existence, you can destroy a soul or parts of it without fully removing it from existence. Hence your claim here on a semantics level is incorrect.

A more correct and clear wording to avoid confusion would be: Quincy can erase souls from existence. Certain hado can erase souls from existence. Soul Crush however does not (normally) erase souls from existence. But RC can absolutely destroy a soul (destroy doesn't inherently encompass erasing something's existence). Which I haven't read what you and Arcker are arguing about in depth, but it really seems like y'all are hung up on semantics. But the way I described it is what is accepted.

Im still confused how EE for RC is only on aizen's page and is not generalized as a passive side effects for RC in general lol.
It's literally something that happens by having overwhelmingly more reiatsu compared to your opponent.
The effects depending on how strong the opponent is, the bigger the strength gap, the more RC affects you, the worst case being passive EE.
It's not something that's "aizen specific" of any sorts.

This is false, Quincies are the only ones that EE souls and remove them from reincarnation. As shown with Yamamoto, Reiatsu Crush can destroy souls and physical bodies alike. Mid Godly is needed to regen soul crush.
If this is the case, then why does Aizen have Mid-Godly in his stats? Didn't he get an upgrade because Ichigo could some how do EE

Back