• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can a general discussion thread be made for a planned verse?

I've been planning to add a verse to the wiki going by the name BNA (Brand New Animal) from the studio Trigger. Problem is, it's going to need some attention and I'll need some help (With calcs, scans, setting stuff up, etc.). So I wanted to know if making a general discussion thread for the planned verse could be made even if not on the wiki yet. I've seen threads made for verses that served single purposes, such as getting calculations for a verse, so I wanted to know what I should preferably do.

Nope, you can use it to suggest adding a verse or a sandbox profile page.
Would the CRT simply be used for the suggestion of adding a verse? Or can other topics regarding the series be discussed? Depending on the answer I may very well just create a general discussion thread and create a CRT later once I've compiled enough feats for the verse.

Would the CRT simply be used for the suggestion of adding a verse? Or can other topics regarding the series be discussed? Depending on the answer I may very well just create a general discussion thread and create a CRT later once I've compiled enough feats for the verse.
In that case, ya a CRT for adding the verse, and then a general discussion thread would probably be best.

most of the time you do not need CRT to add new verses you just need a blog explanation or a good calculation to start off with or some scans and statements that isn't vague

but for tier 2-B and higher you'd need some CRT and blog explanation for it

So I wanted to know if making a general discussion thread for the planned verse could be made even if not on the wiki yet. I've seen threads made for verses that served single purposes, such as getting calculations for a verse, so I wanted to know what I should preferably do.
yes there is general discussion threads made just so people can discuss a future verse to be added and compile some calc/scans and statements before putting out a CRT or making the profile

but for tier 2-B and higher you'd need some CRT and blog explanation for it
Not necessarily, no. Just anything low 1c or above.

I've been planning to add a verse to the wiki going by the name BNA (Brand New Animal) from the studio Trigger. Problem is, it's going to need some attention and I'll need some help (With calcs, scans, setting stuff up, etc.). So I wanted to know if making a general discussion thread for the planned verse could be made even if not on the wiki yet. I've seen threads made for verses that served single purposes, such as getting calculations for a verse, so I wanted to know what I should preferably do.
You can either make a discussion thread or CRT, both are up to you. But at this stage, I would personally recommend a discussion thread if there is a decent number of people supporting the verse.

Always was. You just need to explain properly why it's 2-A or 2-B. Sometimes people make blogs, other times, not so much.

I have made 2-A page not long ago and didn't need a crt or anything.

Back