• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can 2v2 matches be added to the characters' profiles?

Only if it's two characters who are dependant on each other canonically, like Deku's 100% with Eri, or Naofumi and Raphtalia.

Also, are 2v2 matches that can't be added supposed to go in the Versus Thread or the Fun and Games section?

From the versus thread rules page

Versus Threads that involve more than two characters (i.e. a 2v1) will only be added to profiles under specific circumstances, which are:
  • If a character canonically needs another character to fight at their full potential (i.e. Naofumi Iwatani and Raphtalia)
  • If one character is useless on their own (i.e. Gentle Criminal and La Brava)
  • If two characters are canonically known for fighting alongside one another frequently and supplement each other's skills in combat (i.e. Twinrova, Ice Climbers, and Batman and Robin)
  • Or utilize summons or familiars as their primary combat method (i.e. Pokémon Trainers and Digimon Tamers).
  • In addition, matches added this way must be limited to two participants per "team" to keep debates orderly and organized, with the exception being characters who primarily battle with summons or familiars. This rule mainly exists because it would create misleading results with weaker participants benefitting from stronger partners, and because it would be too messy to properly structure the win and loss sections with too many characters in each matchup result.

From the versus thread rules page

Versus Threads that involve more than two characters (i.e. a 2v1) will only be added to profiles under specific circumstances, which are:
  • If a character canonically needs another character to fight at their full potential (i.e. Naofumi Iwatani and Raphtalia)
  • If one character is useless on their own (i.e. Gentle Criminal and La Brava)
  • If two characters are canonically known for fighting alongside one another frequently and supplement each other's skills in combat (i.e. Twinrova, Ice Climbers, and Batman and Robin)
  • Or utilize summons or familiars as their primary combat method (i.e. Pokémon Trainers and Digimon Tamers).
  • In addition, matches added this way must be limited to two participants per "team" to keep debates orderly and organized, with the exception being characters who primarily battle with summons or familiars. This rule mainly exists because it would create misleading results with weaker participants benefitting from stronger partners, and because it would be too messy to properly structure the win and loss sections with too many characters in each matchup result.
This helps a lot more! Thanks!

So say if 2 characters who need each support or whatever faced 2 characters that don't apply to the rules at all. Would it still be added or no?

If the other team has no chemistry, then I don’t think it can been added unless the other team has characters that doesn’t mind teaming up with another which in that case, it probably can been added.
For an example, say if Raphtalia and Naofumi went up against Luffy and idk, Spinel.

Raphtalia and Naofumi are a canonical team, but Luffy and Spinel have no chemistry.

Can this matchup be added?

For an example, say if Raphtalia and Naofumi went up against Luffy and idk, Spinel.

Raphtalia and Naofumi are a canonical team, but Luffy and Spinel have no chemistry.

Can this matchup be added?
Two characters from two different fictional series vs a canonical duo… Hmm I think it can’t been added per se since we taking two characters that has no chemistry whatsoever vs a canonical duo as this is assuming it applies to both teams here.

Unless you doing for a tournament or something.

Madara Vs Naruto and Sasuke is an example of fight that happened in the manga and in this wiki, we have it added to the profile.

If the standards for allowing a tag team in a versus match are based on canonicity and chemistry, would this allow pretty much any RPG with a follower and/or co-op system to do tag teams? For example, 2B and 9S, Chosen Undead and Solaire, etc.?

If the standards for allowing a tag team in a versus match are based on canonicity and chemistry, would this allow pretty much any RPG with a follower and/or co-op system to do tag teams? For example, 2B and 9S, Chosen Undead and Solaire, etc.?
Yes.

Back