• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calculating the height without a full body shot

Right now im attempting to calculate the height of a big ass metal blue rabbit, with a shot of him standing directly in front of a 6'1 woman.

problem is, i don't have a shot of either person's body. (the shot is roughly at the woman's chest, and the waist of the rabbit) how would i go on calculating the height without their full body? there isn't any other shots of them near eachother besides this one, but i do have a fullbody render of my metal rabbit friend.

If you know for sure the girl is 6'1 its pretty simple.
6'1 = 185.42 cm
Plug that into your Human Proportions Calculator using Woman and An Adult Body Type.
This gives you a head height of 23.2 cm and a chin to shoulder line of 7.8 cm for a total of 31 cm. Now you pixel scale your line using that as your ruler.
Divide the 31 cm by the amount of pixels the line was to get the number of cm in a pixel. Then pixel scale the head of the Rabbit, and get the measurement of the head in cm.

The Human Head takes up 13% of the total body height.
The measurement of the head = 13% of total body height.

Although it's a Rabbit Head, It should still be fine to use the Human Head, at least in my opinion.

To give you an example, let's say the measurement of the head was 65 cm. Let H be the total height.
65 / H - 13 / 100

65 x 100 - 13 x H

6500 = 13H

H = 6500 / 13
H = 500 cm

To confirm your answer, just google 13% of 500 or the total height.

Although it's a Rabbit Head, It should still be fine to use the Human Head, at least in my opinion.
Considering how disproportionate the animatronics are, Bon's head is proably a chunk bigger than a human's, but it probably won't change the end results by that much.

If you know for sure the girl is 6'1 its pretty simple.
6'1 = 185.42 cm
Plug that into your Human Proportions Calculator using Woman and An Adult Body Type.
This gives you a head height of 23.2 cm and a chin to shoulder line of 7.8 cm for a total of 31 cm. Now you pixel scale your line using that as your ruler.
Divide the 31 cm by the amount of pixels the line was to get the number of cm in a pixel. Then pixel scale the head of the Rabbit, and get the measurement of the head in cm.

The Human Head takes up 13% of the total body height.
The measurement of the head = 13% of total body height.

To give you an example, let's say the measurement of the head was 65 cm. Let H be the total height.
65 / H - 13 / 100

65 x 100 - 13 x H

6500 = 13H

H = 6500 / 13
H = 500 cm

To confirm your answer, just google 13% of 500 or the total height.
Which formula is this? I see it for the first time.

Generally the human body is seven and a half human heads tall using artistic proportions, so in a situation where such is viable (as in not too cartoony), use that.

the full body render for the bunny animatronic is available to use tho
here
Yes you can also just pixel scale the head of the woman using the Human Proportions Calculator, then pixel scale the rabbit, then using the same pixel scale, apply it to the full body image.

Yes you can also just pixel scale the head of the woman using the Human Proportions Calculator, then pixel scale the rabbit, then using the same pixel scale, apply it to the full body image.
kind of hard to pixel scale the head of the woman, since she's facing away from the camera, and her hair isn't making it any easier to see where her head roughly is. (unless im misinterpreting your comment)

kind of hard to pixel scale the head of the woman, since she's facing away from the camera, and her hair isn't making it any easier to see where her head roughly is. (unless im misinterpreting your comment)
In the image, you can get a good estimate of where her neck ends, which is why you measure the head height and the chin to shoulder line as shown in the human proportions calculator.

Back