• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calculating creation feats

I wish to find out what the best way to find the energy needed to create something, is it basically just finding the mass of something created?

I am trying to find the feat measuring the size of a polar glacier created with 15 million mi^2 and is 20 meters thick

after finding the mass of the Glacier, it is 7.10675E+17 kg of ice, I don't know if that translates to anything or if it requires more info.

first finding the volume is pi * 3512222 m^2 * 20 m = 7.75E+14 m^3, and the density of glaciers are 917 kg/m^3, multiplying both gets the answer above.

You could use mass energy conversion to find the required energy, just multiply the mass by c^2. That leads to some pretty colossal results and generally isn't accepted by the wiki, though.

Jobbo said:
You could use mass energy conversion to find the required energy, just multiply the mass by c^2. That leads to some pretty colossal results and generally isn't accepted by the wiki, though.
Ok, though would that depend on the verse in question or just generally not accepted at all?

Generally not at all. It pretty much always leads to colossal outliers. For instance, your glacier creation feat would be Large Planet level.

Jobbo said:
Generally not at all. It pretty much always leads to colossal outliers. For instance, your glacier creation feat would be Large Planet level.
Ok, it's just that it is from a verse where a rocket launcher has enough energy yield that it can destroy a earth sized planet but has safety measures to ensure it doesn't happen.

Yeah. Unless the glacier was created by cooling a pre-existing substance, in that case you'd need to find the specific heat of that substance.

Jobbo said:
Yeah. Unless the glacier was created by cooling a pre-existing substance, in that case you'd need to find the specific heat of that substance.
Ok, though it would be difficult because the feat was just done by someone that just says it was created, the only other information is that it is on mars and in the northern polar ice caps

I made a mistake that it wasn't mi^2 but just miles

So changing it up I got 8.39401E+27 grams of mass for the glacier

Such a glacier is significantly heavier than the planet, and many many time larger. That said, such an object outright wouldn't work by real standards.

Being obscenely long but very thin in comparison would make the glacier incredibly unstable; it would likely be destroyed by its own gravity.

It is not created naturally if that makes any difference, it would be on mars as well

This thing is getting close to Mars with that kind of radius. If the glacier started at Earth such a massive sheet of ice would almost make it to the red planet.

ere is the quote if it is subject to mistranslation "Polar landmass of mars spans nearly 15 million kilometers with ridges up to 20 meters thick."

I think that could have been area instead of length, and it has a density that makes scanning difficult a minute ago

How can that be if Mars is just an ornament attached to the dome that covers the Earth?

But seriously, that thickness poses a problem. This thing is large enough to collapse on itself.

Kepekley23 said:
How can that be if Mars is just an ornament attached to the dome that covers the Earth?

But seriously, that thickness poses a problem. This thing is large enough to collapse on itself.
I wonder if that quote is just referring to any glacier ridges that are higher than it's regular thickness

So after going a bit of calving with the thickness of both the Martian glacier and adding the ridges (110m at least)

The mass should be 1.53139E+21 g

Should I use this as reference to calc this feat?

https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-bl...hit-arount-the-power-levels-fairy-fail.35862/

Back