• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calcing Someone... Turning Around?

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So yeah, here's the thing, right? So, a character I'm particularly interested in, Debby, can turn around within a time frame of 0.005 seconds:
1ukPIB4.png

Thing is, the time frame shown in the manga was basically just for Debby turning around (the manga didn't clock in the time frame of the attack itself, it seems), which I'm pretty sure is quite a bit under the 1-meter standard we have for reactions/perceptions (basically, the wiki based reaction times on how long it takes to move a single meter with a certain amount of speed). Is it possible to calculate the speed of someone simply turning around (especially with how finicky the act of finding a midpoint for a human is)? I should note that Debby is 149 cm tall without her heels and horn-like ear things.

I guess you could probably calc the turning of her shoulders or something. Looks to be around 45 degrees, so if we estimate 18cm to be half her shoulder width, then the rotation would be about 14.14 cm, so in 0.003s, that would be roughly 47.13m/s. So it’ll probably be around low end subsonic if you get it properly calculated.

It's possible to calc the speed of something that is turning, yeah ^^
You should calc the speed of the extremities of what is moving using the distance in meters between the anchor point of what moves and its extremity (half the width of the character at the shoulders here) and the angle turned using this formula : Distance x PI / 180 x Angle
It will give you the distance moved in meters.

For instance, if that character had a shoulder width of one meter and turned 180 degrees, the distance moved by the tip of her shoulders to turn around would be 1.57 meters in 0.005 seconds, or about 314m/s.

Back