• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Buu Saga Tiering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand writing off Kid Buu's feat because filler and yadda yadda, but I don't get one of the justifications for all Buu Saga characters being 4-B. Since the difference between low end and high end of Solar System is a trillion times. I have a problem because that wouldn't be the first time we've seen that level of jump in terms of power in DB.

Goku in the 23rd Budokai is listed as Small Country+, while Namek Saga Goku in base is Small Star Level+. This is a difference of close to 7 years, same amount between Cell and Buu, and a difference of FAR more than a Trillion times. Most of this increase was over the course of 6 days even.

Well, we have no proof of anything higher in the manga, so the ratings are placed there in lack of better options.

It's because there is no proof at all that they are that much stronger. Not because it's completely impossible for them to be 4-A, but because they have never shown it.

In the Frieza Saga case, they actually had feats on that level, so the "the power gap is too big" logic doesn't really apply, but that's not the case for Buu Saga.

I'm not saying upgrade them. I'm saying the statement "It should also be noted that the difference between the lowest and highest bounds of Solar System level is roughly a trillion times, making it incredibly inconsistent for even the strongest Buu Saga characters to be listed as anything more than 4-B." Doesn't really make much sense cause we have seen those kinds of increases before. In the manga there's nothing to suggest 4-A, I agree with that, but this particular reasoning doesn't really make much sense cause we know Dragonball Characters can attain these kinds of jumps in strength over years.

I NEVER said to upgrade them. It's just the particular reasoning that I disagree with. That statement is all I'm objecting to. If you only use the Manga, there is no evidence for anyone being MSS (unless you actually use the Potara Fusion being Person A x Person B, not sure if we use guides and whatnot here.)

So you think the statement should be changed to something like this?

"Due to the characters never showing anything above Solar system level until DBS they can't get a upgrade to a higher level than that"

just a bad example so don't take it serious

and we don't use the potara multiplier

Vegito being 4-A is still speculation, it's the same as saying why is Dbs Blue Vegito not Low 2-C because of the boost of the potara.

The Frieza Saga and the Buu Saga are two totally different cases. If there weren't stellar feats in the Frieza Saga, there's no way they would be on that level, because of the power gap, but feats>power gap (unless it's an outlier, but that's not the case here), and since there are no MSS feats in the Buu Saga, there's no reason not to use the AP chart.

Guys, Leogian is just asking to change the wording of the rule, not the scaling

And I never said that their AP should be raised. The rule is worded in a way that makes it seem like the span of time is the reason it would make no sense for them to not be MSS, rather than lack of feats.

Even multiplying all the multipliers from baseline planet level to star level is 2.6 billion times. The only way they would get a power jump like that is with the SSG ritual, or a means to keep up with the plot *cough* Trunks *cough*

Yeah, but that case was different, because he has feats, in Buu Saga's case, if they had to be MSS, it would have to be due to powerscaling from the other sagas, and to powerscale we use this, that's why this wiki uses that wording.

Anyway this topic is against our Discussion Rules as it says: Also do not ask about why we placed Buu saga DBZ characters in the same tier as Super Perfect Cell. The upper border of this tier is roughly a trillion times higher than the bottom.

I'm just saying the wording should be made more clear. It makes it seem like it's the time that makes it illogical and not the lack of feats.

Dark649 said:
Anyway this topic is against our Discussion Rules as it says: Also do not ask about why we placed Buu saga DBZ characters in the same tier as Super Perfect Cell. The upper border of this tier is roughly a trillion times higher than the bottom.
Yeah but it's just saying the argument of "trillon times difference" is not good because we saw similar jumps in tier. Just that. He never about upgrades or anything

Well, given that the question has been answered, perhaps we should close this thread?

The argument of "a trillion times difference" isn't good, because it applies the logic this site uses to a fictional series that doesn't give a rats ass about it.

@Anonimoe7875 ironically your example is way better than the justification we have now.

The supreme kais did say eventually Majin Buu would destroy the universe eventually and make his way to the kaioshin realm, and iirc this was as Buuhan. If they had given us a time frame then maybe based off of that we could make a rough guess and estimate his DC. Even if that were the case DB would need an even further revision than the one it already needs.

That's just statements, with nothing to back it up, we can't go off that and make guesstimates that would literally put the characters trillions of times above where they are.

Also this topic again, keeps getting brought up.

I agree with Celestial Pegasus. We should preferably close this.

I know, that's why I said if they had said he would've destroyed the universe in a given time frame, say 50 years, then we could do something with that. It would've been the saga's only hope at such an upgrade.

Stop trying to upgrade Kid Buu based on a feat he never did. '''CANON''' Buu only destroyed hundreds of planets over a period of a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back