• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Burning Rubber (Cinner vs Gentle Criminal) [GRACE]

MintyBoi1

He/Him
Story: Gentle caught wind of a certain orange boy beating Katsuki Bakugo and decided it’d be good content to test his power. They meet and knowing not to hold anything back, Gentle urges La Brava to activate her quirk and amp him with her love. Cinner gets ready to fight, seeing no reason not to oblige the gentleman. No clickbait, all action!

Rules:
  • Supreme Duelist Cinner and Final War Arc Gentle. Cinner starts in base but can use Pure Form and Gentle starts in Lover Mode
  • Speed is equalized
  • Fight takes place in the same city as Cinner vs Bakugo
  • Win via knockout or incap
  • SBA for anything else
Cinner: 3 (Minty, Froggytron, LeoEpicGamer8910)
(4.62 Megatons of TNT, 23.11 Megatons in Pure Form)

Gentle Criminal:
(6.92 Megatons of TNT in Lover Mode)

Deku Cleans Up Both:

Last edited:
Laying out the starting move here, Cinner would go for a frontal assault from the ground or air. If Gentle tried turning the air elastic like when Deku rushed him he’d go with extending his staff hoping to burn through whatever is holding him back. Unsure if the rubberized air would hold up considering the LS difference (Cinner Class G, Gentle Class T) and Cinner’s heat manipulation.

Laying out the starting move here, Cinner would go for a frontal assault from the ground or air. If Gentle tried turning the air elastic like when Deku rushed him he’d go with extending his staff hoping to burn through whatever is holding him back. Unsure if the rubberized air would hold up considering the LS difference (Cinner Class G, Gentle Class T) and Cinner’s heat manipulation.
Yeah, Gentle would probably do that, also explaining how it works meanwhile in his noble fashion. Nothing restrains Gentle from making countless of "air rubber layers", which (if pressed on each other) will Cinner repel back exponentially (as he tries to get through), it should compensate for lower LS. There is a high chance Cinner will be repeled back by the force of his strike strength multiplied, with his head-on attack.

Sounds about right, it would take a few tries for Cinner to really get through something like that. Cinner could always try switching up his method, going for attacks from behind or just trying to overwhelm Gentle with his maneuvers. Still, Gentle’s Quirk and AP/LS advantage would help him greatly even if he’s not quite as skilled. Though, Cinner is a genius fighter, he could try to figure out where Gentle places his elasticity next and aim away from it or use it to boost himself like Deku

Gentle in Lover Mode mainly goes for grappling and quick moves to knockout the enemy like a chop to the neck and Gently Sandwich which could trap Cinner if he doesn’t roll out the way. Though now that I rewatch the fight, Cinner could do what Deku did when sandwiched and smash the ground beneath him. Supernatural Willpower and Pure Form’s extrasensory perception/instinctive action would really be Cinner’s best advantages here. Though, he needs at least a few seconds to focus and enter Pure Form. And if Lover Mode runs out, Gentle loses his LS advantage meaning Cinner could tear through his elasticity instead of needing to work with it.

Last edited:
Gentle in Lover Mode mainly goes for grappling and quick moves to knockout the enemy like a chop to the neck and Gently Sandwich which could trap Cinner if he doesn’t roll out the way. Though now that I rewatch the fight, Cinner could do what Deku did when sandwiched and smash the ground beneath him. Supernatural Willpower and Pure Form’s extrasensory perception/instinctive action would really be Cinner’s best advantages here. Though, he needs at least a few seconds to focus and enter Pure Form. And if Lover Mode runs out, Gentle loses his LS advantage meaning Cinner could tear through his elasticity instead of needing to work with it.
Yeah, that describes it well. Also worth noting Cinner could abuse the previously made "air invisible trampolines" (given that Gentle explains his quirk and cant make them disappear quickly) to overwhelm Gentle and land a Shield Piercer to his back. KOing La Brava also seems like a weakness to beat him.

I might be wrong about Gentle losing the LS advantage, even with Pure Form. The strategy you mentioned would for sure work and KOing La Brava could be something Cinner does with a quick attack since she’ll be seen as a threat. Or he could just throw her away.

Yeah, also Cinner AP stomps the moment Gentle loses Lover Mode which is temporary to begin with. Cinner’s endurance and supernatural willpower should keep him in the game even if Gentle defaults to trying quick finishes, and from there Gentle is reduced to base and can only hope his elasticity keeps Cinner away long enough for a Sandwich to end things. I’m unsure if he’d use his hundreds of meters in character since the only showing was lifting the whole UA Fortress. If he does that’s another hurdle, but Cinner has acrobatics and a whole city to go through to avoid.

Must be mentioned Gentle in lover mode will still get stronger and stronger (with La Brava close, she could hop on his shoulders like Eri Chan on Deku in seasson4), till La Brava's quirk is totally exhausted. But Cinner could compensate for that with his Pure Form. How long can Cinner make Pure Form last?

I’d say a few hours as long as focus is maintained, though with the energy use of a fight that could be lowered. Still, I’d say around 30 minutes is a minimum.

Last edited:
And now how about the lover mode of Gentle? Is its maximum duration specified anywhere? If no, what is your guess?

And now how about the lover mode of Gentle? Is its maximum duration specified anywhere? If no, what is your guess?
Not even the wiki gets into specifics, Gentle only used it for a few minutes against Deku, though that’s probably partly due to Deku incapping him. I’d say 5-10 minutes at best

Now that I think Cinner’s flaming aura could counter even hundreds of meters of elasticity. Once his Ki starts leaking out, Gentle will be left without good options to defend himself.

I’ll drop a vote for Cinner since he can burn through elasticity, avoid being knocked out or incapped, and beat down Gentle once his amp runs out

Not even the wiki gets into specifics, Gentle only used it for a few minutes against Deku, though that’s probably partly due to Deku incapping him. I’d say 5-10 minutes at best
I’d say a few hours as long as focus is maintained, though with the energy use of a fight that could be lowered. Still, I’d say around 30 minutes is a minimum.
There are scenarios where lover mode Gentle would beat Cinner in time. But what overall helps Cinner's win rate is 5-10 minutes compared to at least 30 (likely hours even). Also, non-pure form Cinner has way better survivability than Gentle without lover mode put against pure form Cinner.

So red guy with glasses FRA

Back