• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bullet Hell Merged With Other Genres (Terrarian vs a RotMG boss)

Terraria combines elements of bullet hell with survival sandbox and metroidvania. Realm of the Mad God combines bullet hell with open world MMO action RPG. Both games are about using an assortment of magic weapons or even swords that fire projectiles. What would happen with a PvE swap?

Terraguy is mid to late game (at least 7-C), Lord of the Lost Lands is summoned in a boss arena built by Terraguy, starting at 40 meters. Speed equal.

After checking his chests to see if he was properly geared up, the player heads out from their NPC hotel to their arena platforms. They buff up, and after the sun sets, they use an item called a "Suspicious Looking Ice Cave". Chills go down their spine...

Lord of the Lost Lands has awoken!

"Terraguy's entrails were ripped out by Lord of the Lost Lands": 4 (Strawboi, Skalt711, Pulinno, Keeweed)

"Lord of the Lost Lands has been defeated!": 0

Nobody wins: 0

Lord of the Lost Lands-0
Hallowed armor

Terrarian because of massively higher attack speed and reaction speed, and wider possession of abilities, especially Attack Reflection, Soul Manipulation and Durability Negation.

Oh, my apologies for not noticing it. Black Belt (which grants light speed reaction speed) is not a part of mid-late game Terrarian's equipment as well, so at this rate Lord is definitely going to outspeed him. The only hope for Terrarian at this point would be his Attack Reflection, as it's unlikely for him to hit Lord because of too low combat speed. But Lord still has much superior AP and Durability.

Changing my vote to Lord of the Lost Lands.

The thing is, while many Terraria characters are considered danmaku users because that's how their projectiles function by this wiki's standards, it's nowhere near the level of danmaku seen in RotMG, just like if you're to put Terraria against Touhou, for comparison sake. Terraria isn't a proper bullet hell, just an open world survival that has some similarities to the other genre (enough for the characters to be considered danmaku users), whereas RotMG is considered a proper bullet hell that might even be harder than Touhou, and that is saying something. That being said Lord of the Lost Land's bullet patterns are far more complex than anything Terrarian has ever encountered. Like seriously watch the video of LotLL's fight on his profile or any YT video about late game RotMG in general. Even with speed equal Terrarian will just get smacked left in right with bullets that are harder to dodge than literally any Terraria boss, and considering the AP gap... how effective is attack reflection and how is it used? I've played a lot of Terraria but I've never heard of an item that does that. I'll definitely equalize speed since in RotMG it's usual for the player to be much more mobile than the boss is, while the boss has the complex bullet patterns and the player only shoots a basic stream of bullets.

still need to know where Skalt stands now that speed is equal, because i think attack reflection can be a huge factor in this depending on how it works

Changing my vote to Lord. With speed equalized, Terrarian's Attack Reflection is unable to handle the large amount of incoming danmaku.

If I remember correctly Attack Reflection comes from Turtle Armor (also why th doesn't Mid-Late Game Terrarian have Black Belt? That thing's post Plantera)

this is an AP and danmaku stomp especially now that terrafucker has been downgraded, the turtle armor isn't going to do shit

Pulinno said:
The Danmaku problem comes from summoning, but the AP issue is still there
if you would actually pay attention to his fight, while the summoned enemies are a problem, he does still create some danmaku patterns on his own

The Terrarian has fought plenty of people with Danmaku. LotLL just one shots due to his ap advantage: this is a stomp.

Hey idiot!

RotMG is a proper bullet hell! Terraria is not! This is still a danmaku stomp whether you like it or not!

Go play RotMG for a few hours and see what I mean (it's free to play). The Terraria bosses' danmaku is nowhere near on par with late game RotMG bosses such as LotLL, not even Moonlord can compete. Terraguy still has a lack of experience with this level of danmaku; RotMG is a literal bullet hell that's almost or about as hard as Touhou for crying out loud.

I like how on the message wall it was all calm and stuff and on the thread you apparently were going to call me something that fandom had to censor.

I would consider Plantera's rage mode, some of the events like the Halloween and Christmas ones were the bosses repeatedly spawn and all have low level Danmaku but adds up to a crap ton of projects being on your screen due to the amount of bosses that spawn at higher levels of the events, and the Moonlord to an extent to be proper Danmaku.

I mean does it really matter that the Danmaku is proper when LotLL is over a hundred times stronger: he stomps anyways, I literally said he stomps? You also called the Terrarian a ****** so I'm getting a spiteful feeling from your messages on this thread. I mean it's completely fine since this is a stomp anyways but the contrast of your post on my wall and this thread just feels jarring. Anyways I have to go do I'll be possibly back in 30 minutes to an hour or so.

I knew you would bring up the message wall but that's besides the point.

I've played Terraria to the end, defeated every boss and event (besides exclusives that aren't on PC such as Ocram), so I know what it's like. But clearly you've never played RotMG before.

And if you go back to the opening of the thread, the reason I started this is because both games are known for combining the concept of danmaku with a few other genres (apart from RotMG having typically harder danmaku) on top of Terraguy being only a tier behind RotMG at the time. The reason I was OK at first with the difference in danmaku and AP is because I assumed people would argue that Terra's wincons lie in his hax, which apparently isn't the case actually.

But now I regret the thread. I now realize any thread about characters who have danmaku will always devolve into a shit show arguing who has better danmaku (even if it involves the OP themself). I guess this is one of the reasons most Undertale fans hate Touhou, having met their match with better danmaku. I mean yeah the nature of the Undertale characters' attacks is enough to be considered danmaku, but no way is Undertale considered a bullet hell, it's just an RPG with projectile-dodging mechanics. It should be the same case with Terraria, it's a open world survival metroidvania run 'n gun, only with minor danmaku elements. Though I can't deny that Moonlord could be considered a decent danmaku user, as you'd expect from the final boss.

But uh, don't get me wrong, I love both games.

but the message not sending thing tho

Oh my, the F word and R word are such a travesty! I wonder when Fandom will just grow a pair and let people curse.

Back