• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bug type pokemon

Their justification literally places them at mountain level.

Either another case of Pokemon profiles being horribly outdated, or people using game mechanics too much.

Feels to me like this case calls for input of people who are in charge of the verse or staff. Could be just in need of update like FinePoint suggested or there could be reason for it.

Shattering mountains (when the size of said mountain is unknown) is Low 7-B actually.
It's far superior to rhyhorn, who is comparable to pupitar, who is large mountain (based on current profiles).
Nvm Pupitar isn't part of Tyranitar's profile

This information does severely upset my OCD though.

It's far superior to rhyhorn, who is comparable to pupitar, who is large mountain (based on current profiles).
Tyranitar is Large Mountain level, Pupitar doesn't have a key (despite being the basis for scaling for like 3 years now)

Pupitar doesn't have a key (despite being the basis for scaling for like 3 years now)
Of course. Why would Pokémon profiles be complete?

Anyways, do you know the justification for scaling Beedrill to 2nd stage then?

Pupitar is not 7-A, it's High 7-C and is going to be 7-B after i finish up adding the recent upgrades.

Probably because Beedrill/Butterfree are weak compared to other fully evolved Pokemon, and are intended to be evolved before fighting the first gym leader in most games. It's arbitrary but I'm pretty sure that's why.

Though why Metapod has High 8-C durability, I couldn't tell you. It's pokedex entries says that it can endure (super effective) attacks from Pikipek, so it should be Low 7-B.

Probably because Beedrill/Butterfree are weak compared to other fully evolved Pokemon, and are intended to be evolved before fighting the first gym leader in most games. It's arbitrary but I'm pretty sure that's why.

Though why Metapod has High 8-C durability, I couldn't tell you. It's pokedex entries says that it can endure (super effective) attacks from Pikipek, so it should be Low 7-B.
It is arbitrary. Technically OP is a question, but since this is a CRT I'm proposing that we do away with that logic.

Their location doesn't decide the upper limit of their strength, and while they may not be high on the tier list they're perfectly capable of fighting other fully evolved Pokemon even if we did use game mechanics. Unless there's some solid evidence that they scale only to 2nd stage Pokemon, then I feel the default assumption of them fighting around their own evolution stage is safer.

Is it ok if I made the changes, I realised it was Cal Howard who made the profiles for Beedrill and Butterfree (I hate Cal)

Back