• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Buff Bald Man vs Buff Bearded Man (Doppo vs Kuroki)

After finishing Kengan for the first time I couldn't help myself here.

Prime Doppo Orochi vs Kuroki Gensai

Doppo

Kuroki Gensai, Master of the Fist
Kuroki is leaving the Kengan Annihilation Tournament finals when he is intercepted by Doppo who wants his chance at fighting the champ. Recognizing Doppo's intent, Kuroki prepares to fight. Fight until KO or Death

Votes:

Tiger Killer- 4 (BakiHanma18, KGiffoni, Yianni, DarkWraths)

Devil Lance-

Kengan verse is sadly bumping down from Large Building but while it's here I'm gonna discuss

Doppo has multiple ways to take out Kuroki if he hits. The main issue is if he hits. Kuroki had that issue with yandere lover in Kengan after all but was just fine. Still there are attack reflection moves here that puts a hamper on Kuroki. His info analysis means he's gonna play defensively and focus on predicting so it falls into if Doppo can land enough few hits with his moves that can cripple Kuroki. Though Kuroki can also recover from them as seen with his battle with Fang.

I'm only leaving this for now since Idk who to vote for just yet. Leaning to a tie honestly (But not votes yet)

Oh damn they are getting downgraded. I wonder if another key of Doppo could work better. His Baki Dou key is High 8-C but he can't use Sangan to amp his reaction speed so maybe that would work?

They're only nerfed to Building, the top tiers at least so this can definitely still happen. Hmm, unsure honestly, might be enough

Wait, Sangan amps his reaction speed? I thought it was explained to allow one to perceive attacks from all directions?

When using Sangan, Doppo could parry and counter attacks that he previously couldn't due to their speed and ferocity. Pretty clear amp to me.

Either way it would help him significantly against Kuroki, which is why I consider the Baki Dou key.

Seiken and Devil Lance roughly counter each other, Doppo can crotch kick Gensai, but the reverse isn't true due to Kotsukake, so that's an advantage for Doppo. Nukite can also counter Devil Lance, but I have a feeling Devil Lance would actually win that clash. Axe Kick may be a problem for Gensai due to Doppo being able to preform it close enough not to give Gensai a lot of room to fully extend his arms in retaliation. Maeba Stance and Motionless kind of counter each other as well, Afterimage Creation is a tough sell, but Sangan should be able to handle it. They both know Sanchin, so that's a bust. Doppo has Roppa Gaeshi, but Gensai demolishes him in the Pressure Point field. Doppo's unattested benefits are blinding with Kokoken, a counter grappler with Fumasatsu or just a straight Rear Naked Snake Choke, but as far as the insanely powerful Bodhisattva Fist or the speedy Hand Pocket, I don't think Gensai has an answer. Worst comes to worst, Mawashi Uke can block a considerable amount of Gensai's arsenal, and Myoukou might be enough to stun Gensai for a free hit, which could be fatal.

All things considered, I've gotta vote Doppo on this one

Prime Doppo edges out Kuroki. His stats in everything but intelligence are a step above Kuroki. Doppo takes this with High Difficulty. Would be a bit more balanced if it was current Doppo but whatever.

Back