• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bryan Fury vs Kano

Kano urinates

Seriously tho I think Kano takes this for higher AP (somewhat competes with 8-As as well as experience (guys been doing this at least 25 years) as well as arguably better Kombat skill

Better Kombat skill? I'm sorry but Tekken characters are a lot better combat wise than Mortal Kombat characters, MK characters rely on their special abilities a lot more than Tekken characters. Furthermore, Bryan consistenly competes ninjas that are arguably faster than he is, considering they outrun minigun fire. Oh yeah, you're all overlooking something very important.

Every durability feat of Bryan isn't just a normal feat. He literally does not flinch at ANY explosion he's put in front of. A helicopter falls on top of him? He walks out of the ring of fire surrounding him and laughs it off. He took a hit from a tank mid-jump and he still managed to go forward instead of being pushed back. I genuinely do not think that Kano can harm Bryan at all, considering every feat of his is casual. He will absolutely body Kano, by being more skillful, (probably) more durable and by being a lot more reckless in battle.

https://gfycat.com/bothgrandfallowdeer-respectthreads

https://gfycat.com/poshpepperygalapagoshawk

I don't know if these two gifs imply enchanced senses, but he also has that going for him, considering he's fighting against someone that is invisible to the naked eye.

Vote for Bryan.

Kano has an all around stat advantage plus he takes alot of hits from 8-A characters. He's 8B+ to Bryan's 8-B.

The dura feats aren't impressive if you don't shed blood from it. I highly doubt he's gonna tank one of Kano's knives when they have stabbed through 8-A characters before.

Plus Kano knows two actual martial arts over Bryan's kickboxing style, is more versatile and can zone him out with lasers that can make holes in armored Black Dragon mercs (which will definitely kill him) and has better pain tolerance. I don't see him coming close to Kano without getting constantly zoned out by laser beams and grenades or getting parried.

Kano FRA

Laser beams are very in character for Kano, and if Bryan tries to play the range game with guns, he just looks at his hand and blasts it off. Also a headshot would kill him, plus he has the AP advantage meaning his stat amp is higher than Bryan's.

Plus he got his skull bashed in, eye gouged in and his back stabbed all the way to the spine by an Multi City Block level dude and merely said "oof" when that happened.

Plus even tho he was less nasty than his OG counterpart, he tricked the thunder god Raiden into activating a snare when he stole Shinnok's amulet and even trained an entire army of Tarkatans to use RPG-7s and SPAS-12 shotguns. That's way better intelligence and skill than Bryan, plus he kept up with a guy who outran automatic rifle fire.

Excuse me, let me get this straight. You're downplaying Bryan's durability feats cause he didnt shed any blood? I do not understand why you think anything Kano can dish out will make him hurt more than whatever happened here: https://gfycat.com/flashyrawanglerfish Or here for that matter: https://gfycat.com/nervouscoarseiguana-respectthreads Considering it doesn't even make him flinch in the slightest. And he's fought against 8-A characters too, or well, fought against a character who's main rivals are the top tiers of the Tekken universe, that being Paul. https://gfycat.com/secondregulardogwoodtwigborer He must scale to him, right? Like you're showing me feats of Kano's endurance, but his durability is a lot worse than Bryan's.

I didn't downplay Bryan, just saying Kano's better.

Paul and Bryan is only 45 tons which is 8-B and not 8-A to Kano's 100 tons which is almost baseline 8-A. I don't see why you think Bryan has better dura when Kano has the numbers advantage. He survived hits from a a guy who beat another guy who tanked an earthquake from Tremor and a nuclear explosio from a weapon that Kano acquired through a little prep.

Both have a stat amp, and if they both use it, Kano's stats will be boosted to MCB level since he's near baseline MCB, Bryan would still be City Block level+ if he uses his amp

I'm stating that because every thing that Fury does in the durability department he does extremely casually. Him laughing it off implies it didn't even phase him.

Can he laugh off lasers higher than his dura? Don't think so.

I already stated that Kano takes this in stats and range. I see Kano having more chances of winning than Bryan.

Kano has repeatedly held his own against Sonya Blade, someone who has been in the elite special forces for 25 years or so.

We also don't assume someone is miles above because they tank it, we just scale them to that.

There's also the fact Kano is backscaled from a 200 ton explosion and is City Block+ which means he has a large edge on Bryan.

As Phetamine mentioned above Kano has potentially 8-A amps to work with.

The statement that Tekken characters fight better also doesn't work considering how experienced many Kombarabts are

I'm not saying he can laugh off the lasers, I'm saying he can tank them and not fall to one hit of Kano's laser. It's just stupid to have a fight between a person who has no defined limits against a guy who "competes" with 8-A tiers in MK which is him just getting his ass kicked consistently if Story Line is anything to go by.

Furthermore, you're all under the impression that Bryan would use a gun only when he's more likely to be seen with a minigun, and even then he also has a laser at his disposal: http://www.gfycat.com/BitterSimilarAnkolewatusi

Kano just needs to look at Bryan to shoot him in the head. Bryan needs to pull that laser cannon out then pull the trigger which is way slower than what Kano needs to do to shoot him, plus it's not standard equipment. You don't see him carry that thing around all the time.

Meanwhile Kano carries his grenades and knives on his belt, so Bryan is walking into the fight with only a smaller weapon such as a handgun.

...Grenades? On his belt? Against the guy who tanked a helicopter explosion. And a tank shooting him. Well, you know, gameplay mechanics are cool and all, but he would not get affected by them at all, I'm just sorry.

Alright, laser isn't standard equipment, I'll give you that. But he does carry a minigun with him. Also, he fights against Sonya a lot? Excuse me? He gets BODIED by Sonya a lot.

Grenades that scale to his physical AP which is higher then Fury's (correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he hurt Sub Zero with his weapond in 9)

Why would he not get affected when he's physically weaker than him? Grenades don't even matter when he uses his eye laser and knives more than his other weapons.

Bodied by Sonya, you mean only twice throughout the entire story?. He only lost to her twice, plus he gets on her nerves ALOT implying that Sonya has never won against him until MK9.

Hellbeast1 said:
Grenades that scale to his physical AP which is higher then Fury's (correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he hurt Sub Zero with his weapons in the MKX comics)
FTFY

He had the upper hand at first but accidentally amplified Sub-Zero with Blood Magik, he would've killed him right there if he didn't do scar him with the dagger.

While Kano does lose fights the fact he can even slow them down puts him above Fury (46 tons for context isn't ok close to + if memory serves and even then Kano is upper echelon for the tier)

Also despite his six losses to different people, he has a massive kill count in the MKX comics where he contributed in wiping out more than half of Kintaro's army.

I used no defined limits for the lack of a better term. I don't like repeating myself, but him laughing off everything thrown at him in Story Mode clearly implies he's more durable than his current durability tier would suggest, right?

And he has been bodied by Sonya every time those two fought, I mean everytime they've ever fought in canon. No mentions of him winning against her at all, everything that is an "implication" is just fanfiction in my eyes. Now that I think about it, he is one of the worst MK fighters with the worst records.

Here's the list of all of the fights Kano has been in, alright? Bear with me here.

MK9:

Johnny Cage: Lost

Sonya: Lost, saved by Shang Tsung

Smoke: Lost

Kabal: Lost

Cyber Sub-Zero: Lost

MKX (Comics):

Sub-Zero: Lost

Mavado: Wait... is that finally a win?

MKX (Game):

Kotal Kahn: Lost (This guy is a heavy hitter in the MK universe at least)

Sonya: Lost

Meanwhile, Bryan Fury is considered the main rival to Paul, who consistently fights with Kazuya, one of the top dogs of the Tekken Universe. He killed a bunch of ninjas in the clan Yoshimitsu is from, prompting me to believe he fought a bunch of ninjas that scale to Yoshimitsu easily. Might I add, he did this very easily. There's also the fact that he has never been hurt in canon. I'm sorry, Bryan is a lot more impressive than Kano, and the fact that his grenades scale to Kano's power? Haha, I don't buy it.

Do these ninjas have any impressive feats? Kano still has the physical stats advantage, range and can perforate a hole in his head with a single shot of his lasers.

Bryan only has impressive feats.

Meanwhile Kano has the physical stats advantage, range, versatility and is more cunning and smarter than Bryan. Kano set up a snare and stealthily stole the Amulet of Shinnok which was heavily guarded by Shaolin Monks and Special Forces, and even Raiden had a hard time disabling the snare that Kano left behind after stealing it.

I don't even know why you think Bryan still wins when he's weaker, and is susceptible to getting headshotted by Kano's eye laser. Most of his feats are Wall level to Large Building level at best, and even though he's City Block level, he'd still get headshotted like this mercenary, he can't dodge forever anyways.

I don't understand why you're ascribing the same durability feats of Bryan to some random mercenary for no reason other than it fits your agenda of Kano's laser being very, very strong. Like I'm sorry, but Kano blowing the brains out of some random mercenary means as much to me as him hurting people a lot stronger than a grenade blast with a grenade that (supposedly) scaled to Kano cause of gameplay mechanics. Or the knifes themselves being enough to hurt people with amazing durability. I just don't see that, I'm sorry. You can't upscale his weapons just cause he hurts people with durability that should stop attacks from grenades and knives.

Furthermore, yeah. It's a bunch of ninjas that are on Yoshimitsu's level, cause the only thing that distinguishes a Yoshimitsu from a regular ninja in that clan is the fact that he owns a cursed sword and leads the clan. They have the same range too, considering Bryan carries a minigun around with him.

I feel it's a bit dodgy to say the fodder ninjas are comparable to Yoshimitsu

Again is the mini gun standard equipment

Those mercs can harm 8-B characters, the Red Dragon mercs killed off most of the Black Dragon cyborg mercenaries who can take hits from Cassie Cage and Jacqui Briggs. Once again, I said nothing about his weapons hurting these characters, his grenades don't scale to those guys, only his eye laser and knives.

The minigun isn't standard equipment, it's going to impede him if he carries that, making easier to shoot at.

Considering the fodder ninjas were at one point in battle with the Mishima Zaibatsu, a conglomerate spanning nations led by Heihachi, I wouldn't call them fodder. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're on Yoshimitsu's level. There's clearly something that seperates the two of them. I'm just saying that they shouldn't be *that* far off, especially in the amount there were that Bryan killed.

I mean, not standard equipment maybe. He doesn't use it in battles when you're playing as him/against him. But he does have it alongside him a lot in his canon endings/intros as well as story mode? He's not seen without some gun by his side. Or a steel girder lol.

It can't be standard equipment if he doesn't carry it with him all the time. If he did, then those things would be strapped to his back or stored in some pocket dimension which he doens't have.

I'm just going by what's stated in the Standard Equipment portion of his page. I saw the minigun and I was like, damn, could maybe squeeze in the laser he uses too.

Back