• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bringing Crysis down to Earth

Currently Prophet, the protaganist of the first and third Crysis games (technically he is possessing Alcatraz's body in the third game), has the following ratings:
Attack Potency: at least Planet level, possibly Star level by the end of the game (Upon fully evolving and surpassing his limits, he defeated the Alpha Ceph all by himself)

Lifting Strength: At least Class 50 initially (Easily pushed a giant train carriage and got it moving at top speed despite the train itself being stuck into place with over decades of rust), at least Class K+ by the end of the game (Fought against the Alpha Ceph)

Durability: At least Country level (Due to the events of Crysis 2), at least Planet level, possibly Star level by the end of the game

He is scaling to the Alpha Ceph. I consider the Alpha Ceph's rating among the most obviously wrong ratings in the Wiki:
Attack Potency: At least Planet level (Easily destroyed an entire facility and supplied energy for CELL and the entire Earth for more than two decades nonstop when it was dormant, the Archangel was feeding energy from it, the energy pillar it generated could destroy the Earth if there was a slight instability which would release a fraction of its energy and it stalemated Prophet with a fully-evolved and no-limiter Nanosuit 2), possibly Star level (Its mass-energy beam created a wormhole following the detection of Hawking radiation and the formation of a white hole)

Durability: At least Planet level (It is unlikely that it can be destroyed by the orbital satellite superweapon Archangel, a weapon whose power at 5% can vaporize New York, punch one hell of hole through Earth, destroyed and launched a section its crust to space, destabilize and cause planetary destruction and even possibly destroyed the planet itself), possibly Star level (Stalemated by a fully-evolved Nanosuit 2)

While it is true that the Alpha Ceph is a living reactor that can produce a massive amount of energy indefinitely, and wirelessly transmit it through the hivemind, this doesn't translate to short-range attacks or physical prowess. In fact, the Alpha Ceph was captured, locked in a cell, and had its energy drained by CELL. While it powers up a beam that forms a Einstein-Rosen Bridge in less than two hours, the energy was directed through a helix-like structure, and it did not demonstrate direct weaponization of this amount of energy.

To begin with, the Alpha Ceph was not hit by the Archangel or stated to be able to tank the satellite. The Archangel was going to destroy New York at 100% of its power, however a chain reaction with the ambient Cell energy will cause destruction in the Earth's crust. By default, chain reactions don't apply to AP.
We actually see the 5% discharge (after cancelling the strike midway, a 5% partial discharge was forced instead), and it just destroyed city blocks and a few skyscrapers instead of vaporize the entire city. It makes no sense for CELL, a greedy megacorporation who want to control Earth's politics and economics, to delibertly 'punch one hell of a hole' through Earth; it is just a chain reaction they didn't believe would happen.

As the logs show:
Abort NY Strike
Dr. J Keane

Members of the Board,

My team have completed a number of detailed simulations to calculate the ffects of Archangel firing on New York. I must report that in one of these simulations the Archangel beam reacts catastrophically with the ambient energy inside the dome, and also with the Alpha Ceph itself (which, we must remember, is an incredibly powerful living reactor). The resulting detonation is of a magnitude great enough to destroy a section of the Earth's crust, and destabilize the entire planet as a result.
Archangel's strike on New York must be aborted immediately.

Dr. Keane
Proceed with NY Strike
Dr. Hurst

Fellow Board Members,

What the imaginative Dr. Keane doesn't mention is that the simulation he quotes was one of tens of thousands run by Liberty Dome systems to assess the outcome of the Archangel strike. Only this single simulation produced the outcome Keane mentions, with all others reporting nothing but a complete sterilization of the area as anticipated.
The single simulation is a rogue result, and nothing to concern ourselves with.
The Archangel strike will continue as planned.

Dr. Hurst
Urgent request
Dr. J Keane

Members of the Board,

I must report that we have repeated our simulations to ascertain the effects of Archangel's imminent strike on New York. Based on revised data, there appears to be a significant risk of a blast causing a chain reaction and irreparable damage to the planet as previously reported. I now urgently request Archangel's fire authorization be revoked at once.

Dr. J Keane
Archangel firing as planned
P. Danielweski

Dr. Keane,

We note your concern, and also the repitition of previously supplied information.
Dr. hurst's team assures us that there is no cause for alarm.
Archangel will fire on New York as planned.

Mr. P Danielweski
Secretary, CELL Board of Directors

5% of the Archangel's power is not enough to destroy New York, and the Alpha Ceph was not even hit by it.
[Analyzing Archangel status...]
[Analysis complete.]

? Overview
>>> Archangel strike aborted.
>>> 5% weapon discharge confirmed.
>>> 95% weapon charge retained.
>>> Archangel now moving into standby position.
WARNING 5% strike strength insufficient to cleanse dome.WARNING Ceph activity detected in all sectors.

In other words, Alpha Ceph has no durability feats against the Archangel. In its boss fight, the Alpha Ceph can be damaged by human weapons like rocket launchers, and the stage even has a APC you can use. Prophet is supposed to fire at specific weakpoints of the Alpha Ceph to boot.

Conclusion: Massive downgrades.
Also, he got Country level in durability for extremely vague and thus unjustified reason [due to the events of Crysis 2]. Also Class K in Lifting Strength as if he was physically wrestling the Alpha Ceph and lifting it.

I know @Soldier_Blue was working on revisions for the verse, but I do agree a bunch of the Tier 6, planet level, and Star level stuff are all out of context. And that one plague thing would not scale to durability; his most consistent showings are like 9-B to 9-A from what I heard with some nuke launchers having 8-B calculations.

So you can put me in on the downgrade side. And iirc, @KLOL506 was also knowledgeable on the series.

I agree with the downgrades. I already made a bunch of calculations for Crysis alongside Soldier Blue which have since been long accepted and already applied to the profiles (High-end 9-A stuff) but the big downgrades have yet to take place.

The Country level feat is also... wanked. It only makes mention of wiping out every single human being, but it doesn't mention any outside destruction, and its timeframe is also sort of missing.

Soldier Blue said that at best the god tiers would scale to Tier 7 or so. But I'm still waiting for him on that regard.

EDIT: NVM, it was Alcatraz's profile that is sorta in good shape.

Last edited:
Plus, there are also a bunch of really good speed feats and they might sound hyperbolic at first, but both the games and the novels are overseen with extreme scientific scrutiny (In the authors' own words) to make them accurate as possible and they also have a bunch of supporting feats (Like actual statements of watching high-end anti-materiel bullets go in slow-mo and having less-than-tenth millisecond reactions and so on, thanks to Soldier Blue for helping me find those).

Also, remember that microsecond feat? It should serve as a support for his reactions/combat speed, but as the ultimate high-end, as Alcatraz barely managed to move his face away from it. Maybe half the distance of his mask thingy. I can calc it if you want.

Last edited:
Also, remember that microsecond feat? It should serve as a support for his reactions, but as the ultimate high-end, as Alcatraz barely managed to move his face away from it. Maybe half the distance of his mask thingy. I can calc it if you want.
Hmmm, I think you should...

I've been meaning to get to this, but real life kept getting in the way. I agree with the downgrades.

@KLOL506
The Tier 7 stuff is out of the question. Someone once brought it up right before the forum move, and I disagreed. At best the N2's durability could be upgraded to 8-B based on the TAC gun calc. And even then I'm not sure because the N2 can be damaged by 9-A weapons. The statement about the N2 potentially surviving a battlefield nuke may just be an in-universe marketing hype from CryNet Systems.

The best potential durability feat we have for the N2 is Prophet surviving atmospheric reentry at the end of Crysis 3. And even that would apply only to post Crysis 2 Prophet as it is known that he kept modifying and upgrading his suit post Crysis 2 (based on statements from the Escalation novel and Claire Fontanelli in Crysis 3's third level).

Also, remember that microsecond feat? It should serve as a support for his reactions, but as the ultimate high-end, as Alcatraz barely managed to move his face away from it. Maybe half the distance of his mask thingy. I can calc it if you want.
Make a calc and we'll see. But double digit mach reactions from N2 wearers is legit, given that Prophet could perceive .50 HMG rounds moving slow & graceful in Escalation. Those rounds should have muzzle velocities of Mach 2.5 to 3 and perceiving those as moving slowly is impressive.

I've been meaning to get to this, but real life kept getting in the way. I agree with the downgrades.

@KLOL506
The Tier 7 stuff is out of the question. Someone once brought it up right before the forum move, and I disagreed. At best the N2's durability could be upgraded to 8-B based on the TAC gun calc. And even then I'm not sure because the N2 can be damaged by 9-A weapons. The statement about the N2 potentially surviving a battlefield nuke may just be an in-universe marketing hype from CryNet Systems.

The best potential durability feat we have for the N2 is Prophet surviving atmospheric reentry at the end of Crysis 3. And even that would apply only to post Crysis 2 Prophet as it is known that he kept modifying and upgrading his suit post Crysis 2 (based on statements from the Escalation novel and Claire Fontanelli in Crysis 3's third level).

Make a calc and we'll see. But double digit mach reactions from N2 wearers is legit, given that Prophet could perceive .50 HMG rounds moving slow & graceful in Escalation. Those rounds should have muzzle velocities of Mach 2.5 to 3 and perceiving those as moving slowly is impressive.
Oh yeah, I definitely expect double-digit Mach speeds from the microsecond bug-smacking calc. Maybe even baseline MHS at most.

Also IIRC re-entry feats aren't that impressive these days.

BTW Soldier Blue, I read a bit more on the microsecond feat, it actually involves moving away his hand at the last microsecond mid-attack. Which means Alcatraz and in turn, Prophet, can actually sort of change their attack's trajectory right at the last microsecond even though they've already punched and it's just about to come into contact with their face. That's an incredibly impeccable amount of control they have on their own attacks in terms of speed, meaning it's not as extreme as I thought it was, and it might actually be a decent upgrade to their combat speed and reactions.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I definitely expect double-digit Mach speeds from the microsecond bug-smacking calc. Maybe even baseline MHS at most.

Also IIRC re-entry feats aren't that impressive these days.
It'd still yield a good result, assuming my point below. Small Building to Building level, probably. That is nothing to sneeze at.

Atmospheric reentry feats are typically 9-B.
They can be 9-A to High 8-C depending on the mass and assumed velocity.

Also nobody asked for a Crysis 2 and 3 Remastered

NOBODY
They're at least likely to be more well optimized than Crysis 1 Remastered, seeing as the base game ports can use more than just one or two CPU cores.

If they truly wanted people to have the full Crysis experience in a modern engine, they could have redone the whole series including Warhead and properly optimized the first two games (1 and Warhead).

Also, as I mentioned before the forum move,
I am currently uninterested in Crysis Remastered series after learning that they come with Denuvo. Because **** Denuvo.

Actually, the best .50 BMG M903 sabot rounds IRL can hit Mach 3.55.
Sabot rounds always give much higher velocities than normal full rounds. It's best to consider muzzle velocities of real life non-sabot rounds so as to have a safe low-ball comparison, unless it is explicitly stated that the fictional weapon in question fires sabot rounds. As far as I remember, the only conventional firearm in Crysis confirmed to use sabot rounds is the SCAR/SCARAB series.

This is hilarious :ROFLMAO:

Yeah aren’t they trash because of terminal velocity?

Damn Crisis is fast
Felix Baumgartner broke the sound barrier in a skydive. Prophet was blasted to Earth from higher in low orbit.

Prophet's reentry saw his suit ablaze and suffering through ablation damage. This is a suit that can take 9-A grenades and shots from something like this. He was going freaking fast.

It'd still yield a good result, assuming my point below. Small Building to Building level, probably. That is nothing to sneeze at.

They can be 9-A to High 8-C depending on the mass and assumed velocity.

They're at least likely to be more well optimized than Crysis 1 Remastered, seeing as the base game ports can use more than just one or two CPU cores.

If they truly wanted people to have the full Crysis experience in a modern engine, they could have redone the whole series including Warhead and properly optimized the first two games (1 and Warhead).

Also, as I mentioned before the forum move,
I am currently uninterested in Crysis Remastered series after learning that they come with Denuvo. Because **** Denuvo.

Sabot rounds always give much higher velocities than normal full rounds. It's best to consider muzzle velocities of real life non-sabot rounds so as to have a safe low-ball comparison, unless it is explicitly stated that the fictional weapon in question fires sabot rounds. As far as I remember, the only conventional firearm in Crysis confirmed to use sabot rounds is the SCAR/SCARAB series.

This is hilarious :ROFLMAO:

Felix Baumgartner broke the sound barrier in a skydive. Prophet was blasted to Earth from higher in low orbit.

Prophet's reentry saw his suit ablaze and suffering through ablation damage. This is a suit that can take 9-A grenades and shots from something like this. He was going freaking fast.
IIRC ablation can happen with speeds as low as 53 m/s, but it's like, dependant upon clothing and stuff. Wearing a Nanosuit however, is basically akin to being buck nude methinks. Also, what skydiving position was Prophet in?

Also I did the calc. Massively Hypersonic, Mach 113.2567. HOT DAMN THAT'S FAST.

Anyway, I already contacted DMUA in advance, since he's the one who evaluated our previous Crysis calcs.

IIRC ablation can happen with speeds as low as 53 m/s, but it's like, dependant upon clothing and stuff. Wearing a Nanosuit however, is basically akin to being buck nude methinks. Also, what skydiving position was Prophet in?
Yeah, since the N1 and especially the N2 mirror the musculature underneath human skin, the overall silhouette is pretty much that of an adult human body with the skin removed.

As for Prophet's position during reentry: He was facing up with his back toward the Earth. Refer the final level cutscene please.

Also I did the calc. Massively Hypersonic, Mach 113.2567. HOT DAMN THAT'S FAST.

Anyway, I already contacted DMUA in advance, since he's the one who evaluated our previous Crysis calcs.
This'd scale to reactions only, right?

---

Man, I so badly want an actual Death Battle episode with Prophet vs John-117.

Unrelated, I know, but I wanted to get it out there.

This'd scale to reactions only, right?
Well, to be fair, he did slightly change the trajectory of his arm right before impact, so maybe this would be his peak combat speed and reactions when stressed enough? Not his normal one.

I'm thinking "At least High Hypersonic, likely Massively Hypersonic combat speed and reactions"

But at the very least, yeah, this would definitely scale to his reactions no matter what.

Just a note: microsecond reactions would usually net you MHS+ reactions but Alcatraz didn't move far enough to get himself in the MHS+ speed zone, and IIRC reactions usually run parallel with combat speed. Reactions are usually used when there's only a timeframe and no distance, but in Alcatraz's case we have both. So...

maybe a "High Hypersonic combat speed with Massively Hypersonic reactions and short-burst combat speed?"

Last edited:
@Soldier_Blue that's basically what I meant is freefalling feats cannot exceed terminal velocity speeds. I'm aware terminal velocity can very based on atmosphere, density, shape, ect. But human sized characters would roughly fall into 9-B territory even if fully armored.

And it's also a different story if they were falling at speeds faster than terminal velocities before even entering Earth's atmosphere such as the Samurai Jack example. But the difference was that he was launched towards the Earth and outpaced a real meteor in the process. But a person doing a simple freefall goes from 0 velocity and approaches terminal velocity, and eventually reaches it if they don't hit the ground first.

But either way, pretty sure Alcatraz's case would still simply be 9-B. But anyway, I commented on the speed blog.

Well, to be fair, he did slightly change the trajectory of his arm right before impact, so maybe this would be his peak combat speed and reactions when stressed enough? Not his normal one.

I'm thinking "At least High Hypersonic, likely Massively Hypersonic combat speed and reactions"

But at the very least, yeah, this would definitely scale to his reactions no matter what.

Just a note: microsecond reactions would usually net you MHS+ reactions but Alcatraz didn't move far enough to get himself in the MHS+ speed zone, and IIRC reactions usually run parallel with combat speed. Reactions are usually used when there's only a timeframe and no distance, but in Alcatraz's case we have both. So...

maybe a "High Hypersonic combat speed with Massively Hypersonic reactions and short-burst combat speed?"
Noice.

@Soldier_Blue that's basically what I meant is freefalling feats cannot exceed terminal velocity speeds. I'm aware terminal velocity can very based on atmosphere, density, shape, ect. But human sized characters would roughly fall into 9-B territory even if fully armored.

And it's also a different story if they were falling at speeds faster than terminal velocities before even entering Earth's atmosphere such as the Samurai Jack example. But the difference was that he was launched towards the Earth and outpaced a real meteor in the process. But a person doing a simple freefall goes from 0 velocity and approaches terminal velocity, and eventually reaches it if they don't hit the ground first.

But either way, pretty sure Alcatraz's case would still simply be 9-B. But anyway, I commented on the speed blog.
Porphet didn't simply free fall from orbit. He was launched with force toward Earth's surface by a massive explosion. And, as I mentioned previously, he was going fast enough for his suit to heat up literally red hot and suffer ablation.

^ Here.

Well, I know human flesh could burn up even at Subsonic speeds when you're in atmospheric or re-entry areas since the air there is much thinner than it is at ground level and is thus can easily heat up to fire level heat even at basic human terminal velocity speeds. Also he kind of did hit an object during that scene which broke his fall and the rest of his journey honestly is more or less terminal velocity peak territory. Though the speed he was traveling when he hit that floating object is a different story yes, but simply eyeballing it still made it look more like it was Subsonic range + Wall level durability.

The angle kind of makes it hard to use inverse square law compared to the explosion; and furthermore, since the explosion happened in outer space, a standard fireball radius calculation method cannot be used given how explosions work under different gravity situations. And all explosions technically have an infinite blast radius in outer space, just that the chunks getting launched most likely miss their targets and/or are too small to cause serious damage individually once they finally do hit somethings.

Well, I know human flesh could burn up even at Subsonic speeds when you're in atmospheric or re-entry areas since the air there is much thinner than it is at ground level and is thus can easily heat up to fire level heat even at basic human terminal velocity speeds. Also he kind of did hit an object during that scene which broke his fall and the rest of his journey honestly is more or less terminal velocity peak territory. Though the speed he was traveling when he hit that floating object is a different story yes, but simply eyeballing it still made it look more like it was Subsonic range + Wall level durability.

The angle kind of makes it hard to use inverse square law compared to the explosion; and furthermore, since the explosion happened in outer space, a standard fireball radius calculation method cannot be used given how explosions work under different gravity situations. And all explosions technically have an infinite blast radius in outer space, just that the chunks getting launched most likely miss their targets and/or are too small to cause serious damage individually once they finally do hit somethings.
Well, here's the thing, the Nanosuit isn't human flesh, it's a super-advanced type of weave made to mimic carbon nanotubes or something. Sure, it looks like our musculature, but its materials are far, far tougher and more resilient.

And there's really no need to calculate the outer space explosion when we already have the satellite's yield on-Earth (Anywhere between High 7-A to 6-C).

Last edited:
Trying to looks up at what temperature does carbon nanotubes turn a yellow-orange color then. But cannot find a specific source. And I was just saying that as an example, wasn't trying to argue for Nanosuit's case.

Trying to looks up at what temperature does carbon nanotubes turn a yellow-orange color then. But cannot find a specific source. And I was just saying that as an example, wasn't trying to argue for Nanosuit's case.
The suit has various elements of coltan-titanium alloy for additional sealing and protection, the alloy itself is fictional (to my knowledge) but the materials making them up exist IRL on their own. Coltan ores IRL have tantalum in them, which has a melting point exceeding 3000 degrees C, fourth highest for a metal, while coltan's other metal, niobium, has a melting point of 2477 degrees C.

Yeah, I know melting point of Carbon Nanotubes is 3350 C, though heating it up till it turns orange and producing those spark things isn't quite melting and can be done by much lower temperatures.

Yeah, I know melting point of Carbon Nanotubes is 3350 C, though heating it up till it turns orange and producing those spark things isn't quite melting and can be done by much lower temperatures.
No, they weren't sparks. There were no embers flying off. Prophet's metal on the top of his knuckles also melted away, and re-entry can reach upto 1477 degrees C, which, while hot, shouldn't be enough to melt the metal on his armor, as even Titanium, the weakest link in his armor in terms of melting, has a slightly higher melting point of 1660 degrees C, but we clearly see it melt into nothingness.

Nice! That reaction speed must be handy; agree with short-burst combat speed. It would be consistent with the statement in the same passage that the suit produced many thousands of Gs, and the specs stating that Nanosuit 2 pulls off 10,000 Gs in acceleration.
ZDZfPib.jpeg

So the beam that created the wormhole launched Prophet (alongside other random objects, including a bus) into orbit. If the KE scales to his durability, then this probably makes it into Tier 8.

The suit was still in ablation by the time Prophet hit the ground, but usually small meteors (that don't vaporize in the atmosphere) cool down before impact due to the loss of velocity. If we use ablation speed from orbit, then this probably makes it into Tier 8 too. Prophet was launched back into Earth by the wormhole (created by the same energy that quickly sent him to orbit) imploading, so the impact sending objects at extremely high speeds is plausible.

Nice! That reaction speed must be handy; agree with short-burst combat speed. It would be consistent with the statement in the same passage that the suit produced many thousands of Gs, and the specs stating that Nanosuit 2 pulls off 10,000 Gs in acceleration.
ZDZfPib.jpeg

So the beam that created the wormhole launched Prophet (alongside other random objects, including a bus) into orbit. If the KE scales to his durability, then this probably makes it into Tier 8.

The suit was still in ablation by the time Prophet hit the ground, but usually small meteors (that don't vaporize in the atmosphere) cool down before impact due to the loss of velocity. If we use ablation speed from orbit, then this probably makes it into Tier 8 too. Prophet was launched back into Earth by the wormhole (created by the same energy that quickly sent him to orbit) imploading, so the impact sending objects at extremely high speeds is plausible.
The 10,000 G punch by itself isn't anything noteworthy (The Gs alone without reliance on timeframe make the punches Supersonic), but it's really the last-ditch effort microsecond reaction/short-burst combat speed feat that makes it tick so much (HAHA GEDDIT? TICK? CEPH TICK? NO? Okay, I'mma stop), being able to just change your punch's trajectory right before it comes into contact with your face with that kind of control.

But yeah, the 10,000 G statement in the Nanosuit 2 brochure is legit, it's canonized by the novel.

Last edited:
Bump

So, now that the MHS calc has been accepted, should I apply it to the profiles of Alcatraz and Prophet?

Back