• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Breaking the fourth wall and manga panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a question.

How impressive is breaking the fourth wall and what does it mean for a character to break the fourth wall? I've recently seen someone argue breaking the fourth wall is Multiversal, and I wanted to ask how much of that is true, if any of it is true at all. (Because it seems very fishy)

Then another question: is breaking a manga panel a strenght feat? If so, how impressive is it and how strong would one have to be to perform such a feat.

I'm asking this because recently, while rereading the DB manga, I noticed kid Goku broke a manga panel with his punch, and I'm assuming it is a strenght feat, but I have no clue how strong it would be.

Breaking the 4th wall in itself is just an ability; it's not an AP feat without more detailed context.

Breaking the 4th wall in itself is just an ability; it's not an AP feat without more detailed context.
So breaking the fourth wall can be a strenght feat, but it's not necessarily? That makes sense.

And what about breaking a (manga) panel, like, for example, kid Goku did? Because I'm assuming that would be a strenght feat.

It might be a Strength feat, if a fellow 4th Wall Breaker actively targeted the Panel, attempting to break or damage it, and was too weak to do so. It’d be a very specific feat, probably an Outlier due to the nature of 4th Wall Breaking, and potentially useless if the 2nd character was already determined to be weaker, but that’s the only scenario I can see it happening.

Those are still not AP feats let alone Universal or multiversal.

Oh yeah, I wasn’t arguing any Multiversal feat at all. I was answering the 2nd post- it depends on if the Panel’s treated as a solid object, that could be destroyed or damaged, and if someone around the power couldn’t damage it, both had 4th wall breaking, and is still likely an outlier. It’s possible, but depends on the laws of the verse, similar to how we treat Game-Crashing feats I guess.

Panels have unquantifiable size or energy; it's about as much of a feat as someone throwing foes at TV screen and cracking it.

Going to go ahead in close this since topic is answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back