• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bran Stark (Show) stats rework

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ability is when Bran hears his friend from the present while his conscience was in the past? If that is an ability

I don't know. Something weird but not really anything substantial that hasn't already been listed.

Powers and Abilities: Magic, Nigh-Omniscience, Limited Time Travel, Dream Manipulation (Can send his consciousness through time to see past, present and future events in the form of dreams that he can affect), Perception Manipulation (Cannot be seen by other people in his dreams), Clairvoyance (Can receive visions of the past, present and future), Mind Manipulation, Possession (Can send his consciousness into the mind of an animal or a human, to see through their eyes and control their body as if it were his own), Memory Manipulation (Can see the memories of those he possess) and Weapon Mastery (Able to use weapons efficiently on the bodies he possess)

Range: Standard melee range, Universal+ with Mind Manipulation and Possession (Possessed Hodor from the present while Bran's consciousness was in the past, which ended up affecting Hodor from the past)
So, is this fine to apply to Bran's profile?

Seems fine. What do other members think?

I was told that Nigh-Omniscience seems to have been inaccurately accepted here, given that the term means being aware of, processing, and understanding virtually ALL information in ALL of existence at the same time. Neither Bran nor the Raven have demonstrated abilities at anywhere near that scale.

Advanced clairvoyance and possibly cosmic awareness seem fine though.

These are the reasons why Night-Omniscience was accepted:
  • Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven can send their consciousness through time to see past, present, and future events that they can affect. They can also receive visions of the past, present and future.
  • The way their powers work is that they basically have a Kindle library of the entire history of the universe. And the Three-Eyed Raven has sat for a thousand years and read through every piece of the history of the universe and has accessed it all.

Ok, I will wait for more input from the other members. If we remove Nigh-Omniscience, what Intelligence should Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven have? And what would be the justification for Cosmic Awareness?
Also, should Bran have Telepathy since the Three-Eyed Raven is able to speak in his dreams and visions? And their powers work the same way and Bran was trained by him.

Last edited:
I am not sure. It depends on their abilities to use logical thinking regarding the world around them.

Being able to see any specific points in time in the history of the entire universe should qualify for cosmic awareness, but if it is just a much more local/planetary ability, advanced clairvoyance is enough.

Dream Manipulation should probably work.

I agree with replacing Bran's Nigh-Omniscience with Advanced Clairvoyance as he only has shown to have almost full knowledge on the history of humanity and Earth, as he just gathered enough information with his warg and Raven's abilities.

Yes. Agreed.

Is somebody here willing to apply these changes?

We still have to decide which Intelligence should have Bran and the Raven. I can apply the changes when we're done with that

Okay. Maybe Genius then, in lack of better options?

Genius for Bran is fine since he has great knowledge thanks to his powers, outsmarted Littlefinger and was trained by the Three-Eyed Raven.
The Three-Eyed Raven is much more intelligent than Bran since he has used his power to see the past, present and future for a thousand years, and he knows all the history of the universe/Earth thanks to that. Is that enough for Extraordinary Genius or is it still Genius?

I think that should be enough to qualify for Extraordinary Genius.

I applied the new changes to the profiles of Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven, so the thread can be closed again

Well, physically entering a dream may or may not qualify as immersion (for example, within the Wheel of Time series, dreams are a physical plane, rather than pure imagination), and changing form into a raven there qualifies as transformation at least, but only entering a dream with one's mind is just dream manipulation.

Wait a little. What did you decide seems most appropriate to add based on my above response?

Wait a little. What did you decide seems most appropriate to add based on my above response?
Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven already have Dream Manipulation, and since the feat isn't Immersion it doesn't change anything about the current profiles

Okay. That seems fine.

I will close this thread then. Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back