• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moritzva

The Blood Goddess
Joke Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
"Don't worry, my wife, I'll replace your jacket."

Vayla:

Mastema:

Speed Equalized, High 6-C V used, V is Woollusted, has prior knowledge, and a week of preparation time.

V must steal enough wool to make a halfway decent sweater.

So first off,

A massive wall of Mastema's offensive hax is going to get resisted, she has no soul to devour (but has resisted soul effects? I'd like explanation on that), but she is also still kinda tier 3.

Fate and Death get stiffed pretty hard, hax-wise, so what does Mastema have to throw otherwise?

In Starcross, it's pretty easy to alter spiritual magic a bit to be able to affect beings without souls. In most cases, it's still worse, like, not having a soul will still make this magic less effective. But Mastema can resist Jophiel and Sophia's attacks on her not-soul, which aren't any worse than their soul stuff.

Mastema's got her Law and Physics stuff I guess. And Logos, which translates to being able to make her attacks instantaneous, with no physical component. Just the effects of an attack instantly appearing.

Now, here's the kicker.

Since she doesn't have a soul, Vayla will likely lead with... Jamming her own soul inside of the undefended body in an odd form of psuedo-possession (like she did with a random guy in Eowyn's Realm, but far more complicated), and will face little resistance because... Well, there's not exactly a soul she needs to push against.

This, on it's own, does nothing, as she'd need to overwhelm resistances for real to actually possess the body and that isn't really happening, but what it does is put the spiritual consciousness and Inner World into The Boon Of Souls.

Which gets extremely ******* weird.

Mastema did have a soul at some point and its vestigal defenses probably still exist for her. That being said, if that goes poorly, Mastema has no issue abandoning her body, which is also vestigal.

Promestein said:
Mastema did have a soul at some point and its vestigal defenses probably still exist for her. That being said, if that goes poorly, Mastema has no issue abandoning her body, which is also vestigal.
How good are the defenses? Once V connects with her form and The Inner World, she's there to stay. (Given that in TIC, it's treated as a direct soul clash, and there's not actually a soul to clash with, V's shot of moving in is pretty good).

(Even if this does work, it becomes a question of how the hell The Boon of Souls is going to work with this thing.)

Said defenses would still be like, among the best in Starcross? I mentioned the dumb potential infinite soul resist stuff

What I see is it would be a fair bit easier, as it's more or less the process of... sliding into dmsthe empty shell of the opponent's form?

It's very hard to tell what the 'hax' potency for it would be, since in-verse, having no soul would effectively just leave you with zero resistance against the soul sliding in. Though, Aria souls coexisting on the bounds of Consortium Flame existence and nonexistence and the temporal axis will probably help a bit with her non-existence.

Mastema's got a different situation, soul resistance wise there. Her vestigal defenses would likely still improve and adapt to some degree.

Moritzva said:
Now, here's the kicker.
Since she doesn't have a soul, Vayla will likely lead with... Jamming her own soul inside of the undefended body in an odd form of psuedo-possession (like she did with a random guy in Eowyn's Realm, but far more complicated), and will face little resistance because... Well, there's not exactly a soul she needs to push against.

This, on it's own, does nothing, as she'd need to overwhelm resistances for real to actually possess the body and that isn't really happening, but what it does is put the spiritual consciousness and Inner World into The Boon Of Souls.

Which gets extremely ******* weird.
That's hot

I thought this was gonna be more of a response but no it's just this

Ah yes, well, I love Zeph has summed up all our arguments.

In all seriousness - On Saturday, we discussed a bit on Discord, so I'll repeat;

Vayla can very likely shove the soul in based on it's strength and mastery of the soul (since fighting her straight-on is suicide), and her soul programming skills rival those on the level of Mastema's skilled allies and the complexity of Inner Worlds.

Inner Worlds are something that would, by the definition of them as a subconscious power-influencing metaphysical plane (as a very, very simplified definition) would fit inside a TIC soul. The Boon of Souls offering absurdly high autonomy over Vayla's up means she'd have free rein to **** up Mastema's Inner World and it's effects.

However, complete destruction of said Inner World is basically impossible, given that it regenerates constantly to unwind itself, and it's already incredibly powerful and destructive in it's own right.

How it probably would go, is that Vayla would begin the metaphorical process of a child trampling over a giant LEGO statue, not to permanently destroy it, but to scribble enough nonsense code on it that it outright can't function properly and causes immense distress to Goat God.

She is likely to contact her allies, which will be quite a problem, so Vayla has got to hurry up. The plan would be to screw with Mastema's Inner World enough and provide such an immensely annoyingly, persistent threat, that Mastema's either fails to notice a line of soul code that makes her wool fall off, or make her give it up voluntarily so Vayla will get the **** out.

(Wool God will hunt her down later but that's not the point)

Does such seem accurate?

Is there anything left to say? Any votes?

Back