• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
The previous one was bad due to misinformation. I'll remake it as the previous one's OP. Who wins, once again? Speed equalized.

Bomberman2
Super saiyan blue goku kaio ken x10 aura by rayzorblade189-d9zj3ou

Bomberman via versatility, stamina, Light Bomb (Light Bomb > Tokitobashi) and being able to breath in space, allowing him to planet-bust and let Goku suffocate.

Goku should win due to his better combat skills, instant transmission, and energy attacks, not to mention he can fly.

Question, speed is equalized, BUT are we assuming that both combatants are moving at Bomberman's speed or Goku's speed (i.e. are they moving at massively hypersonic or massively FTL speeds)?

Because depending on the speed this gives Goku some way of countering the gravitational/black hole manipulation of Bomberman. If Goku can only move at MHS speeds then as soon as Bomberman pops a black hole it's game over for Goku since he won't be fast enough to escape the black hole. If he is MFTL then he can escape

I guess I'll allow it. I mean, everyone uses it as an argument for Frieza. Besides, doubt Bomberman would planet bust in the first place.

As the guy who cleaned up the Bomberman profile I can say most of his "versatility" is useless in a fight (if you want i'll go more in depth as to why the others are useless) especially since Goku hard counters 90% of his bombs by hitting them with a Ki blast or by flying.

The best in his arsenal are his Black Hole Bombs and and Light Bombs

The black holes are countered by IT.

Light Bombs would blind Goku if he didn't actually needed to see his opponent to fight him, as for the time stop, when you stop to realize it only does it in the epicenter of the explosion and for like 5 times as long as the tokito bashi.

I also really doubt Bomberman will blow up the planet on

1)A baseless hunch his opponent can't breath in space

2)The fact he's not evil

3)Even if he was gonna do why would Goku just let him do it.

There is also the fact that Goku in the Kaio-Ken will not hold back,he is on a time limit,as evidenced by the fact that maybe the first time in the entire series Goku decided to blitzes his opponent (yes I know it's not allowed in this fight but i'm using it as an example).

Goku will not hesitate to IT behind Bomberman and IT him in space especially if he's this blood thirsty planet buster like he's made out to be.

So saying if the planet was gonna explode, he would probably hold his breath long enough to use Shunkan Ido to teleport to another planet with someone he's familiar with, right?

SunWukong1986 said:
So saying if the planet was gonna explode, he would probably hold his breath long enough to use Shunkan Ido to teleport to another planet with someone he's familiar with, right?
Scientifically, holding your breath in the vacum in space is the worst possible thing to do.

In saying that, Goku still wins. He wouldn't let him bust the planet. If speed are equalized or unequalized, he would be fast enough to stop him. IT spamming and Kamehameha spam is just to much for bomberman to handle

But... I searched online about how long can a normal human hold its breath without the suit, and it says and quote:

"At most, an astronaut without a suit would last about 15 seconds before losing conciousness from lack of oxygen. (That's how long it would take the body to use up the oxygen left in the blood.) Of course, on Earth, you could hold your breath for several minutes without passing out."

Then again, Goku's no ordinary man. If so, could he conserve his oxygen levels in the vacuum before he suffocates? Or perhaps in an alternative way? Like projecting an energy barrier and store some air. (Perhaps like how Whis projected an energy field for the Z Fighters in Resurrection 'F'.)

The part with the spamming of the Kamehamehas and Instant Transmissions, would he also charge up the Kamehameha and warp in different locations until he's gathered enough power and fire it point blank?

SunWukong1986 said:
Yeah, like King Kai's for example.

Exactly. That's what I've been thinking before. He has some choices to teleport depending on someone he's familiar with or the ones that's close to his reach. Like the time he took to get to King Kai's planet from Earth compared to feeling the energy similar to Piccolo when looking for the leftover Namekians to activate the wish orbs. Even if he uses the thing that'll take away his senses, it won't do a thing based on the display he made with Yakon when he he can feel his energy instead of relying on his external senses..

Cell's big point was that he was biological. Infused with the dna of a lot of his friends and enemies.

It wouldn't count for Cell because... it is in his name! Cell which contains DNA, making him a biological being- a bioengineered being. Not like Androids 16 to 20 who are machines (while a few have few traces of humanity; a cyborg).

When piccolo was trying to find cell when he eacaped, he couldn't sense his energy even if they were a city clock away from each other.

Cell was intentionally keeping his energy low, he was smart enough to know he couldn't beat everyone in the state that he was in

RadicalMrR said:
As the guy who cleaned up the Bomberman profile I can say most of his "versatility" is useless in a fight (if you want i'll go more in depth as to why the others are useless) especially since Goku hard counters 90% of his bombs by hitting them with a Ki blast or by flying.
That's actually a great point.

Changing vote to Goku high diff

Rad, you mind going more into detail? I don't see how making something detonate quicker could be a hard counter, nor flying, sing how bombs can be thrown.

Basically, they're all limited by the blasts range,If Goku blows them up before they reach him he's fine since most of his bombs rely on hitting their opponent head on.

Here's an example: The fire bomb which blows up in form of a cross so if it doesn't hit on his Y axis the fire won't touch him.Same thing with the wind bomb,difference is the wind bomb doesn't even damage it's opponent.

@Rad. Isn't that a two way street? Like, Goku fires a ki blast too, and Bomby throws a bomb to cancel it out?

The real cal howard said:
@Rad. Isn't that a two way street? Like, Goku fires a ki blast too, and Bomby throws a bomb to cancel it out?
Yep.

This match is basically a 1 V 1 in Bomberman.

@KillitwithC4, Reason why they couldn't sense Cell when he was getting away or retreating was that he supressed his energy enough for him to be undetected. Just as what Yojimbo1989 says.

SunWukong1986 said:
@KillitwithC4, Reason why they couldn't sense Cell when he was getting away or retreating was that he supressed his energy enough for him to be undetected. Just as what Yojimbo1989 says.
OK, but in a battle, 18 and 17 can't escape their opponents sight since they can keep up with them, if not,then they would've esily got away from vegeta and piccolo's sights when fighting them. If they can not lose sight of 18 and 17, I don't see how Goku can lose sight of bomberman when oters that are just as experienced as he is can tell where the androids are.

Because Bomberman has his own version of Solar Flare while the Androids don't. Also, the Z warriors have eyes...

Obviously, not voting.

Cropfist is incorrect (I've noticed how he always votes for anyone other than Goku even when the result is clear cut), all of Bomberman's so called versitility is immediately countered by Goku's experience/durability since (with the exception of the black hole) just about everything that Bomberman does Goku has experience with in one form or another. Virtually nothing in Bomberman's arsenal is super haxy so it wouldn't be anything out of Goku's capability.

As for the black hole bomb itself, well as I explained that depends if both are moving at MHS or MFTL speeds, if it's the latter then Goku's speed would enable him to escape from the pull of a black hole, except for the case where Goku is unlucky enough to get caught right in the middle of the bomb, which is unlikely.

And, as someone pointed out, Bomberman is not evil so he wouldn't bust the planet and let Goku suffocate, plus he doesn't know abouth Goku's need of oxygen so why would he? Even if he did somehow or for some reason bust the planet Goku could still evacuate by using IT to escape. Before anyone says it IT does not require focus to work, all it needs is some ki signature to lock on to (Goku couldn't do it in the Buu saga because Buu's death ball was blotting out any ki signature). Goku has shown the ability to teleport from Earth to King Kai's multiple times so he'd be able to get away before he suffocates. Though that could technically count as a victory for Bomberman by default.

Given all of this and after having reviewed Bomberman's abilities I'm going to say that Goku wins with high difficulty IF both are moving at Goku's speed

Back