• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Body vs Mind (Ha Yuri Zahard vs Amamiya Sakurako)

Here's the Low 6-B one I was talking about in this thread. Hopefully it's fair. Two of the main females from their respective series.

Low 6-B forms.

Speed is equalized.

Starting distance is 10 meters.

White Rabbit: 7 (VindictiveLoser, GargoyleOne, Iapitus the Impaler, Enryu The Red Tower, Monarch Laciel, ABoogieYesSir, Crimson Azoth)

Abyss: 1 (Monarch Laciel)

Black March/Green April: 0

Her mind hax has to travel. She has a thread of trance waves that she has to insert inside her opponent in order to mind hax them. It's unlikely that Yuri would be able to physically perceive them, but that's how she does it. It's not instant.

Her second form of mind hax is her insanity scythe, where if her opponent breaks it, they're bombarded with trance waves that allow Sakurako to manipulate their mind and show the what they believe would be happening after they broke her scythe.

Her third form of mind hax is in her nova form, which is the one in this fight. Where she exudes a mist for dozens of meters and can read the mind of whomever is inside it.

All of her mind hax require a little something extra. She can't just glare at someone and destroy their mind.

Well, Yuri will be able to spam green bubbles that if Sakurako pull over, he will become green bubbles and Yuri with Green April is able to force someone almost as strong as Yuri without an ignition weapon to retreat

I vote for Yuri with High-Diff

Pull over? I'm not really sure what that means.

I don't think that really addresses any of Sakurako's mind hax. Unlike Yuri, who has only used this hax once in character, Sakurako employs mind hax in practically every single one of her fights. In Nova form she naturally produces a smoke that lets her read the minds of those within it, so she would know exactly what the bubbles do, if and when Yuri decides to use them.

@Monarch

Shameful. 0.0

I see Yuri breaking these threads physically, like raising the shinsoo around her body to protect her from the webs like a shinsoo cloak, like Yihwa did once, overflowing fire through the body, and Yuri has shinsoo control far better than she that is, Yuri can do much overflowing shinsoo around the aréa to be able to destroy Sakurako threads or use Extrasensory Perception and Spam Nuclear Punches to destroy those threads

I really do not see Yuri going through this seriously, if she breaks Sukurako's scythe (which will obviously happen) since we know the way Yuri is, she prefers to break her opponents' weapon to let them disadvantage the body- to-body, there is no way for Yuri to go through this, unless Yuri starts using her range and AoE as an advantage and vaporizing Sakurako with Rose Shower, which usually does not happen, since melee combat is the style of her fight and even the explosions she makes with her punches will not have an effect on this type of hax

So Yuri spams explosive punches with several miles AoE to disperse the fog, making this technique useless

When she realizes that her enemy is a threat, she immediately uses Transmutation hax to end her enemy and when Sakurako realizes that it is a deadly threat because of Mind Hax and the reasons I quoted, all it takes is Sakurako to touch one of the bubbles and that's it Yuri wins

It's funny, I'm confused on your vote because you gave a reason why Sakurako could win, but then said that later on, after Yuri realizes that Sakurako is a pretty large threat, that she would resort to transmutation.

Also, regular attacks aren't blowing away Sakurako's mist. The guy she was fighting was literally distorting the space to destroy it and that, somehow, didn't get rid of the mist. Some punches with good AoE aren't going to be anywhere near enough to get rid of it. So the technique is far from useless.

I'm also genuinely not sure if Yuri can break the threads. It's highly doubtful, as the only time I recall them breaking is when someone blocked them with a kind of trance shield. I'm also not sure if the threads can be physically seen, that was never really too clear to me in the manga. Like, sometimes it seemed like they could be seen, and other times it seemed like they were invisible.

Regardless, your vote has been counted. Thank you. Let's hope we get some more people to notice this thread.

> Also, regular attacks aren't blowing away Sakurako's mist. The guy she was fighting was literally distorting the space to destroy it and that

So I do not see this being a fair match, Yuri's AP and Dura's advantage is insidious, even though Saskura's Mind Hax needs something more to take effect, obviously Yuri will fall on this hax, since she prefers combat melee and using her hax for as long as you have enough time to recognize that the enemy is a threat, which she will not have a chance to do here.

This is a stomp in favor of Sakurako

Hold up, no. You can't just say it's a stomp merely because of mind hax now, when you were arguing that Yuri could get through it previously. If you don't think she would win, that's fine, characters from ToG are capable of losing. But the mind hax has conditions in order to be activated, and those conditions are fair enough to make this not a stomp, especially given Yuri's abnormally strong body. Simply because you say Yuri will fall victim to the hax, doesn't make it a stomp. That simply means that you think she'll likely lose. Reading minds is not an offensive hax. It's more defensive if anything.

You can't just go from Yuri hi-diff to Sakurako stomps because lolmindhax when her hax has specific conditions to be active, and has been countered even in her own series. Not to mention Yuri's superior body, AoE, and potential transmutation that she may or may not use. Yuri has plenty of options to pull from here. The only question is how effective they'll be, which is the whole point of the fight in the first place. How effective are Character A's options against Character B?

I had voted for Yuri before because I thought she could disperse the haze with explosions, but now that I know that even a technique that warp the space could not disperse it, then I know that Yuri will not be a threat to Sakurako, and also all the conditions that you quoted two of the three will be fulfilled (as long as Yuri can break those threads) Sickle Hax, will clearly be the condition of it will be made, since Yuri prefers melee combat than using AoE, Transmutation and Range just in the face and Yuri, no matter if Yur's body is very strong, Sakura has practically AP to hurt her, yes but Sakurako can know what Yuri will do.

Well that does not matter, Yuri's abnormally strong body will not be very effective, since the difference of Sakurako's AP and Yuri's Durability are not even 2X, Sakurako can read Yuri's mind while in the mist and Yuri will not be able to hit her or even create a strategy to bypass her, and she may even know how the Yuri Transmutation works, in case Yuri thinks about using it to defeat her

Before Yuri realizes, all of Yuri's advantages will be quickly discovered by Sakurako and rendered useless.

One, that doesn't make the battle a stomp, merely decisive. Reading minds doesn't mean Yuri loses her tools, only that they become less effective.

Two, Yuri can literally leave the mist with a singular leap without even thinking about it. She leapt for kilometers in the air to escape from Karaka's world of darkness, I don't see why she wouldn't do the same to Amamiya. The only difference here is that Amamiya would likely pursue her, unlike Karaka.

Three, I'm genuinely unsure about the threads. But Amamiya needs to be within a few meters distance to use them, but typically prefers to use them close up.

In her nova form, she prefers to use her scythe manipulation, and her alternate personality, abyss, as opposed to her other mind based abilities with the exception of trance smoke.

As for her insanity scythe, it isn't her go to, but she'd be intelligent enough to pull it out once she sees what kind of fighter Yuri is.

Simply because Yuri's advantages are somewhat less so because of mind reading, once again, doesn't make it a stomp. Yuri still has access to transmutation, range, and AoE. Keep in mind that many of her attacks, namely her nuclear punch, have the capacity to blow her opponents back hundreds upon hundreds of meters, yet keeping them well within her range.

It seems like you're coming up with a strategy for why Yuri would win, which is fine. But you're not even pondering the fact that she could fairly lose, instead calling stomp merely because Yuri can't prevent her mind from being read. Like that stopped her against Karaka if the guy was actually reading her mind, which, granted, I don't think he was. (Actually, where was it stated that he could do that).

It's not like Yuri can't win here, it's just not as simple as she can just punch Sakurako away. It'll merely take more ingenuity on Yuri's part. How that factors into her character is up to SIU and us as interpreters of said character, but Yuri has plenty of tools, as does Amamiya. It certainly shouldn't be a stomp because of mind reading when Yuri has superior range, AoE, and durability, and speed is equalized. That just doesn't make sense. Knowing of an attack, if it has great enough AoE, doesn't mean once can dodge it. I've thought about this match quite a bit before making it. It's not a stomp, it just requires more depth if you're going to support a victory for Yuri.

Literally Nuclear Punch will not be very useful, because even if Yuri sends Sakurako away, she will not yet know of the ability of Sakurako's mist, range, will not be great factor since Yuri prefers Melee combat, Yuri's durability nor is it at least twice as big as Sakurako's AP, Durability, meh, that's not even an advantage, since Yuri ne has at least 2X Durability greater than Yuri's, AoE is the only thing I see advantage to Yuri, but Sakurako still has enough Durability to tank the Rose Shower, Transmutation (Sakurako can read Yuri mind and stay away from the bubbles) and this is practically a 2 X 1 (Sakurako and Abyss vs Yuri)

It sounds like you just don't think Yuri wins here. I've given you examples of her tools, and how she can use them to her benefit, including Nuclear Punch, among her other standard punches and kicks that might land. Just her physical stats in general. And tanking rose shower is not a good idea, not that Amamiya could get away from it, only attempt to guard.

Durability is an objective advantage. Simply because you think it's not super useful here doesn't take it away from being an advantage.

Abyss only has scythe manipulation and trance smoke, in addition to telepathy with Amamiya. She's really just another body that helps Amamiya tag team. Abyss isn't really hax, just some nice utility.

But once again, none of this actually makes it a stomp in her favor. Yuri's tools are plenty present. Amamiya may have knowledge of them, but that doesn't remove them as threats to her.

Yeah if Yuri really is this kind of fighter I can see Amamiya winning pretty handily. If she got in too close it'd be dangerous, but her main method of fighting involves tricky uses of mind control with Trance abilities, and if she starts using her Nova it only gets better for her.

I see this as being a decisive win for Amamiya, but hardly a stomp considering it's only due to their in-character mindset that Yuri loses so hard. If she weren't the type to destroy weapons then Insanity Scythe wouldn't be such a powerful ability here. I could probably come up with a viable method for Yuri winning but I don't see that happening as often as Amamiya getting her with Trance or Insanity Scythe.

I'm about to log off for the day since I'm tired, I may check back here later if I'm interested.

Well, Yuri is also able to use needles that have blasts along with great AoE, she can simply get away from the haze as she did with Karaka's World of Darkness, which has far better range than Sakurako's mist, which only covers a several meters, while World of Darkness arrives at tens of kilometers away, in case she notices the danger of Sakurako's powers and scythe, she flies away and begins to use range and AoE in her favor (as she did against Karaka when realizing that melee would not be very effective)

Melee wasn't effective against Karaka because he can literally absorb her entire body. Sakurako's mist isn't a physical threat. Just to note the difference.

She didn't jump away from spheres that could literally absorb her body until after she saw what they could do. I don't think she would mind fighting in a mist that is literally doing nothing to her.

That's only because she's too physically strong for the spheres to absorb her. But that doesn't change the fact that she didn't immediately leave when they appeared. They weren't doing anything to her when they first appeared, same as Amamiya's mist. She only leapt away once they started doing things.

This is not how it works, Yuri has shown to have resistance to biological absorption through physical force, I will give some examples of characters of this wiki that has resistance to hax through superior physical strength and that are accepted: the Dragon Ball Super characters have hax resistance like Time Stop, Existence Erasure, Empathic Manipulation and Void Manipulation because they are stronger than the users of these techniques, but that is not why in Vs Thread vs haxxed characters we do not apply this logic of be stronger = to be resistant to certain hax, but in the end, their resistance on these certain haxxes is applicable in combat, as is the same case as Yuri and Karaka sphere's

"That's only because she's too physically strong for the spheres to absorb her."

Literally what I said, I'm not sure what the disagreement is. I was only saying that she didn't try to escape from the spheres despite not knowing what they could do to her. So to say she would just up and escape from Amamiya's mist which would literally be doing nothing to her doesn't make sense given what we've seen of how she fights.

I have no clue what you're arguing about or for. I only said what was stated in verse to have occurred with Karaka and Yuri. No one was talking about her resistances. Only the kind of fighter she is.

Back