• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BoBoiBoy Revision

I vividly remember Gopal using his self transmutation powers once in Galaxy. I can't tell you which episode though. Also Ying and Yaya kept their new powers so yeah, there's not much use arguing if the powerups are permanent or not.

As for the FTL, I think there are too many antifeats to safely conclude that Solar and Light use actual light. Solar blatantly uses energy blasts.

I mean lightspeed feats have very strict standards. Even one thing that disproves it is enough to bar it from being lightspeed.

I mean lightspeed feats have very strict standards. Even one thing that disproves it is enough to bar it from being lightspeed.
But technically, as bambu states, if there were more feats than antifeats, then the antifeat will be disregarded.

Qawsef also states that explosions and any forces caused by light can be used to support other arguments against it.

So, if the only argument that was brought up was only one scene of light bending unrealistically, was disregarded since there are more feats of light moving in a linear direction with no curves. Then, the supporting arguments about light causing explosions and damage can be disregarded as well, as it has no other sufficient antifeats/arguments to support.

But technically, as bambu states, if there were more feats than antifeats, then the antifeat will be disregarded.

Qawsef also states that explosions and any forces caused by light can be used to support other arguments against it.

So, if the only argument that was brought up was only one scene of light bending unrealistically, was disregarded since there are more feats of light moving in a linear direction with no curves. Then, the supporting arguments about light causing explosions and damage can be disregarded as well, as it has no other sufficient antifeats/arguments to support.
But lightspeed feats has its own set of rules. Boboiboy Solar is already out of the picture since his beams can push people back. Boboiboy Light's beams can't be light because they are tangible and can cause explosions.

But lightspeed feats has its own set of rules. Boboiboy Solar is already out of the picture since his beams can push people back. Boboiboy Light's beams can't be light because they are tangible and can cause explosions.
Qawsef said that it's no longer a main point of disqualification. Otherwise we might have to downgrade Warhammer40k's laser dodging feats as well along with any others that do damage.

Qawsef said that it's no longer a main point of disqualification
I expanded on that later on.

Basically it can no longer be solely used to disprove a SoL feat. It can be used with other evidence to disprove such a rating however. The point of the change is that if you had three or four pieces of evidence supporting the SoL rating then it could no longer he denied solely because it shows physical force.

I expanded on that later on.

Basically it can no longer be solely used to disprove a SoL feat. It can be used with other evidence to disprove such a rating however. The point of the change is that if you had three or four pieces of evidence supporting the SoL rating then it could no longer he denied solely because it shows physical force.
I see. But that's like the only thing anti-feat remaining not including one unrealistic reflection which is overshadowed by a lot of straight line beams scenes.

In only one scene. We don't need to count 30+ antifeats from just one scene when 10+ other scenes didn't have the same result.
A scene that also has heavy emphasis on the reflection but still shows it being unrealistic.

Most of the other reflection scenes only have a few beams reflecting at most, this one has like dozens of beams reflecting unrealistically

A scene that has heavy emphasis on the reflection but still shows it being unrealistic.

Most of the other reflection scenes only have a few beams reflecting, this one has like dozens of beams reflecting unrealistically
Duration of unrealistic and the amount of scenes where things are unrealistic is far lesser than the duration of consistent accurate scenes where beams going as far as space don't even appear curved.

Duration of unrealistic and the amount of scenes where things are unrealistic is far lesser than the duration of consistent accurate scenes where beams going as far as space don't even appear curved.
Doesn’t take away anything from the blatant reflection scene that doesn’t show light acting like how it is supposed to.

Just one scene of an attack bending has been enough to accept it as a disqualifier, even when there are other scenes where they don’t bend

That's like only qualifying for one instance of antifeat and it's overshadowed by more than 10 other instances that disproves it. Quantity over quality for feats as they say. Doesn't matter if someone fires 1000 unrealistic beams in one instance when the other 20 instances that someone does the exact same thing except in a very realistic manner.

Then traveling in a straight line and then incorrectly deflecting are two different qualifiers.
Eh, fair enough.

But still one scene of incorrect deflection versus several other scenes of correct deflection.

If he's going to use just this one particular inaccurate refection scene as the main driving force along with 2 other minor disqualifiers vs several other scenes of accurate reflection with 2 major contributing factors on the nature of light and where it came from. I really can't properly agree to the downgrade without more hard-hitting disqualifiers.

But still one scene of incorrect deflection versus several other scenes of correct deflection.
The animation and comic showed similar deflection issues. What's your example of it properly deflecting off something?

2 major contributing factors on the nature of light
Being composed of solar energy isn't indicative that its SoL. The origin of the beam is where the unrealistic source comes from, not the power source of the beam or what they copied it from.

The animation and comic showed similar deflection issues. What's your example of it properly deflecting off something?
The comics? Isn't the one in 24th episode of BoBoiBoy galaxy had this issue? No one brought up deflection issues from the comic.
Being composed of solar energy isn't indicative that its SoL. The origin of the beam is where the unrealistic source comes from, not the power source of the beam or what they copied it from.
Photons in general have a constant speed close to 300000000m/s without being faster or significantly slower in many mediums.

The origin came from the sun, I wouldn't call that unrealistic.

Not here but on the Q&A thread weird comic deflection was also shown.
...where is it?
Being powered by solar energy is not the same as something being a photon.
Isn't solar energy in real world terms, photonic energy turned into electrical energy? This is not the case here.
They learned it from the sun, but that doesn't automatically mean they're lightspeed. It is a piece of supporting evidence though.
They didn't learn it from the sun, the power watch adapted and acquired to element from the Sun's rays. Buy yeah, a significant supporting evidence.

Apologies for my mistake
So updating the original list:

Points for
Points against
@Qawsedf234 do the attacks still qualify for realistic light or not?

That's more for the supporters to decide since its more about consistency since the evidence is mostly even-ish.
So should I tally the votes of supporters here so far?:

Agree with removing SoL/FTL: 3 (MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer, Sir_Ovens, Veloxt1r0kore)

Disagree: 1 (Greatsage13th)

Neutral: 0

Last edited:
Please stop, we're going to decide the result now so drop the pointless argument
And please don't bring whataboutism/verse-comparison here as well

Back