• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I looked. I'm right. Even Derpy is country level. The fodder characters Are the kids. But even someone like derpy hits at least country

Someone like Derpy is considered a high tier flier, able to contend with the likes of Rainbow Dash before getting eye problems.

And most ponies aren't even that much weaker than Rainbow and others. Adults are relatively on par with each other.

So Cozy has a wincon by planning but I still do not see her taking this more times than not.

What's your evidence on that? Ponies are shown to be on par with each other. Applejack has admitted she isn't even the best at her physical competitions. She couldn't get 1st in any competition. Aka. There was several ponies who physically compared and superior.

And guess what that means? It means those ponies scale to Applejack, and are thus not fodder. Oh, "only" several? Out of a country with several thousands to potentially millions of people? That really doesn't prove average fodder scales.

Going to agree with Lightbuster here because im pretty sure the ponies who compete are sent out by their town due to them being physically stronger than most ponies.

Physical as in activities requiring you to use your muscles, speed, agility ,strenght etc

I don't know. Their shown off screen. But iirc. Some involved physical stuff like push ups as long as they could

Buttersamuri said:
I don't know. Their shown off scree. But iirc. Some involved physical stuff like push ups as long as they could
Thats kinda my point. Push-ups for as long as possible is a matter of stamina, not raw strength. I seriously doubt a dude who can do 60 push-ups can punch 4 times as hard as a guy who can only do 15.

Phoenks said:
Uh... is that not still considered physical?
Stamina is physical, but when I say physical, I mean in the sense of AP and striking strength. Which something like how many push-ups you can do isn't related to.

Obviously Cozy via Flight and superior intelligence. Her flight also allows her to sneak up on him since she can fly at an angle he can't see or hide behind a cloud.

As well. Bobs still someone who knows how to actually fight. Unlike cozy, who doesn't have any known fighting skill.

I mean, after the first punch, she's going to back off and try another way to win. Like I said, she's not stupid enough to come back for seconds. And with her flying ability, Bob isn;t going to be able to keep track of her forever. They're in a town full of places to hide. She'll easily find a place to recuperate or re-hide herself.

Bob can hide too. Bob is stealthy and smart as well. And a smarter fighter. As actually having fighting experience

Bob can hide in clouds? I've only seen la few episodes. What makes him a smart fighter? His intelligence section doesn't really give me anything.

" Martial Arts (Has skill in wrestling and fighting, and it is implied that he knows a bit of boxing)"

Also he means he can hide in the buldings

^^ which is why I do not like this battlefield

Not in the clouds. But in the area and buildings.

Bob is skilled in wrestling, boxing, and when doing a water balloon fight with dozens upon dozens of others. He didn't get hit once. And took most of them out. (It was a water balloon fight sure. But they all were playing for their rent to be knocked down a few hundred. So everyone was playing as serious as they could). Ended up the winner, and stood hidden when all of them were looking for him.

Phoenks said:
" Martial Arts (Has skill in wrestling and fighting, and it is implied that he knows a bit of boxing)"

Also he means he can hide in the buldings

^^ which is why I do not like this battlefield
Why? It gives both a chance to hide. But also gives Cozy a home field advantage. And a good place to use flight. Not like they would hide forever. They would hide if they need a breather, or plan making.

Because I like battles that are more straight forward, not battles where people can hide, summon stuff, etc. I just want a fair straight up 1v1.

It's not as fair 1v1 really. If it's just them running at each other. Like you said. Not really getting passed a 3 times advantage on AP. This way, it gives her a chance to plan and use intelligence. Giving her a more chance.

Wrestling is more about grappling which is apparently considered to be a matter lifting strength vs lifting strength. Does Bob punch or wrestle? What does he actually do in a fight? I think I remember at least one. Wait, did he stay hidden in one spot or did he actively sneak around everyone? I ask because I semi-remember the episode you're talking about.

Fair point. I didn't consider that.

Bobs punched. Just not a lot. He's talked about knowing boxing once in more event episodes. We just don't know what degree he knows. We just know he knows some. In a fight. With Gyro. He took a more boxing stand. And with Jimmy. He wrestled him.

He activated snuck around. He got pissed after they hit his wife.

Cozy's arms aren't nearly as short as people claim. It's certainly enough to wrap around Bob and hold him down, and it has occured to me her stamina is likely better since she can climb the mount everhoof and survive it's temperature and it's likely low level oxygen.

1 till grace

No they aren't. Bobs both a bigger guy, and she a smaller pony. A normal pony could. But a filly isn't wrapping their arms around Bob

Back