• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bloodborne Hunter issue.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Ok, it's a small matter so I'll just get straight to the point. The Hunter should really have his equipment sorted out into his respective keys. It has bugged me for awhile now, and when I think back to the arguments in Hunter threads, I wonder why was this a thing.

Basically, whenever there is a Hunter thread, most would say Bloodletter GG, but the problem is, the Hunter doesn't get the Bloodletter until after he has fought Vicar Amelia and gotten access to the Nightmare. And when he gets it, he has already fought Ludwig. The problem stems from the fact that there is no way 8-A Hunter would have access to the Bloodletter as he would already be in his 7-C key. Saying 8-A hunter has access to weapons and abilities like the Burial Blade or resistance to Madness manip is like saying 7-C Hunter has A Call Beyond, which is a 4-C attack.

So, what I'm suggesting is that we sort out when and where he gets what items, and seperate them into their respective keys.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to get bloodletter when you'd be considered 8-A, and resistance is from enemies, not necessarily that.

Madness manip comes from not going completely bonkers when you see a Great One. The first Great One he sees is Rom, which he doesn't meet until he's 5-A. And he can ony see the lesser Amygadala that takes him to the Nightmare after he has attained 40 insight before killing Rom. Something not deemed possible unless you boss rush in other people's worlds, which I'm pretty sure is game mechanics.

If you spend 0 insight and kill EVERY boss available before rom you should be able to hit 40 insight if not you could enter the chalice dungeons which are available before rom and not game mechanics

There are literally only 6 bosses you can access before Rom. Gascoine, Cleric Beast, Amelia, Witch of Hemwick, Shadows of Yharnam, and Darkbeast Paarl. Multiply that by 2 - one for the Insight you gain from discovery, and one you gain from defeating the boss - and you get 12.

The Chalice Dungeon argument won't work because you can't even progress to the deeper dungeons without collecting materials from the Ailing Loran Chalice which can only be found in the Nightmare Frontier. So the grand total is still less than 40.

You wouldn't need to progress that far as there are items for insight in the dungeons as well as above ground there are also locations and events you can trigger in game for insight that aren't bosses such as being grabbed by invisible amygdalas reaching the real workshop reaching old yharnam etc so combine those with the bosses and madmans knowledge and you can get to at least 40

I've had similar thoughts about this, I just wasn't sure how it would be done or if it mattered all that much. There's also have to take into account items as some of them you don't get until you either reached a certain point in the game or go through the chalice dungeons. I wonder if there should be a note saying that available weapons and items need to be specified as well. That said, I don't think Madness Resistence should be tied to a tier since there really isn't anything that would grant him it at a specific point other than simply at what point he confronts a Great One or Kin. Also, as mentioned above, there are several consumables that give insight such as Madman's Knowledge, Great One's Wisdom and the Umbilical Cords. So yeah, it's very possible to get 40 insight before ever meeting Rom.

Back