• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Timestop

Hellscream

He/Him
Short CRT, in bleach there's a forbidden kido spell known as "Jikanteishi" Which means temporal stasis, aka time stop.
As seen in the screenshots here: https://gyazo.com/e6d8852ef6bd7297f0ba9d8f49558a13 https://gyazo.com/04251fc9ff41693bc0c4863f971ee793
Seen many people come up with the argument that Yhwach would not be able to resist timestop with the almighty, despite it being a kido spell in bleach.
If it were to work on beings like Yhwach, then it would've been used. Same thing for beings like Aizen, however aizen already has resistance to Time manipulation.
Don't see there being no reason for Yhwach to not have the same resistance, considering the Almighty and that time stop is just a kido spell in bleach.
Unless if you want to argue that it'd be able to affect Yhwach of course.
Beings like Urahara, Aizen etc masters of kido should also get it added to their arsenal.

This is an extremely weak argument.

There are many cases during fights where a character does not pull out a power that we know they have, or may have, and is absolutely not mean that they didn't use it because they knew it wouldn't work.
So, it's logical for aizen to have resistance to time manipulation, while Yhwach the being who absorbed the soul king also known as the being who created the verse, which includes the dangai, and the kototsu while yhwach doesn't have it?

That doesn't really make sense to me

Not even talking about the intelligence of beings, such as Urahara, aizen etc if it was effective in combat they would 100% use it.
As that's how their characters are.

Short CRT, in bleach there's a forbidden kido spell known as "Jikanteishi" Which means temporal stasis, aka time stop.
As seen in the screenshots here: https://gyazo.com/e6d8852ef6bd7297f0ba9d8f49558a13 https://gyazo.com/04251fc9ff41693bc0c4863f971ee793
Seen many people come up with the argument that Yhwach would not be able to resist timestop with the almighty, despite it being a kido spell in bleach.
If it were to work on beings like Yhwach, then it would've been used. Same thing for beings like Aizen, however aizen already has resistance to Time manipulation.
Don't see there being no reason for Yhwach to not have the same resistance, considering the Almighty and that time stop is just a kido spell in bleach.
Unless if you want to argue that it'd be able to affect Yhwach of course.
Beings like Urahara, Aizen etc masters of kido should also get it added to their arsenal.
shouldn't that be in place of questions?

Sorry brother but unless stated or shown (or like, at least implicated with something like "nothing I have would work!" - dude with ability), we can't just assume that, even if it makes sense.

Goes for every verse, it's why Jonathan doesn't resist Dio's hypnosis for example, even though he was in a position to use it and if it worked, you'd think they'd have just used it on him as it would be useful for his intent. Among hundreds of other examples in media.

We can't just presume things like that.

Damn, i guess forbidden kido would work on the soul king
So let me get this right, Aizen resists timestop, and yhwach the being who absorbed the soul king, and that made the kototsu, where aizen gets his time manipulation resistance from doesn't?

Then there's kurohitsugi, which also warps space time, ig Yhwach gets affected by that as well.

I don't agree with giving a character whose above another character inherent resistances towards that character's abilities unless heavily implied or directly stated they're capable of resisting everything that character can use (ala D.Gray-Man). Bleach doesn't have those statements so we can't assume characters massively stronger then Tessai would inherently resist Jikanteishi. It's just too assumptive in my opinion.

I also don't agree with giving Kido Masters Jikanteishi as it's a forbidden Kido, and such isn't normally taught within the Soul Society, it would require more assumptions then needed to assume just because you're a Kido Master, you would innately know any form of forbidden Kido despite the fact it's hidden away from general public, and such isn't easy to find information on, it being codified within Shinigami law that teaching or even using this Kido in public will be followed by severe punishment etc. Everything points against the idea that general Kido Masters would have access to Jikanteishi. I can see an argument for people like Kisuke, Aizen, Ichibe, Hachigen and maybe Yamamoto?, but that's about it. And even then the argument itself isn't the best since it requires assumptions to be internally true, which definitely isn't concrete evidence by any means.

This is an extremely weak argument.

There are many cases during fights where a character does not pull out a power that we know they have, or may have, and is absolutely not mean that they didn't use it because they knew it wouldn't work.
Sorry guys but this time I agree with damage, the "the character is stronger and transcendental than other will have resistance despite there is no feat or statement for it" is just no.

Also, @Deceived3596 summed up my thoughts :3

That confirms it, tessai must be the most broken bleach character.. as yhwach doesn't resist time stop

Unless if those verses have powernull on yhwach's level, and are leagues above any other characters in the verse i don't really see any comparison to be made.

I guess urahara suddenly turned into a ****** as well, for not coming up with a strategy that involves the use of time stop despite that being his character.

This thread definitely needs closed, it's a classic fallacious argument type called Hasty Generalization. To wit, you form a conclusion from incomplete data and justify it with extraneous reasoning.

"Yhwach SHOULD be able to resist it because why else wouldn't it be used unless he resists it innately?" is also phrased in such a way as to force any dissenter to Prove A Negative, which is not possible and not rational for any set type of debate.

Both of these combined are why such things should not fly on the wiki, and why we go from objective character interactions; quite literally infinite things can be gleaned from what isn't shown on-screen if you twist logic hard enough, that's why we go from what CAN be proved, if that makes sense Hellscream.

No matter what, if you honestly believe that yhwach with his passive powernull that's based on him seeing an infinite amount of possibilites is incapable of nulling timestop then idk what to tell you. Especially with the way his powernull is explained.

With that same logic, yhwach can't null any ability that the almighty hasn't been proven to be effective against. Same thing can be said for any other character from any verse as that'd be going into NLF territory.

But sure, Yhwach, who absorbed the soul king, the creator of the verse that created all of it's concepts which like i said includes beings such as kototsu that can distort and manipulate time itself is unable to resist time manipulation despite having powernulled every ability in the verse. As that obviously makes a lot of sense.

And beings like Urahara that come up with 1000+ possibilities for every battle didn't think of utilizing time stop as he obviously turned into a neanderthaler.

Last edited:
Hellscream, nobody here is making any of the claims you suppose.

You are ascribing traits and ideals to arguments nobody is making. We are simply stating "We can observably see the sky is blue, so we have it rated as Blue". Your response is to question "So you are stating the sky can never be any other color? Impossible, the rainbow exists so obviously color can scatter and refract into all other visible wavelengths, thus the sky should get rated as Possibly Yellow, Red, Orange, Indigo, Violet, and Green as well!"

You are making those claims, as you pretty much said that yhwach was never shown to resist it.

Which is why like i said, any character with powernull, should only get powernull against the abilities where it was portrayed to work against.
As such is your logic.

And the example you gave is correct, so i don't really get the point you're making tbh?
Aizen stated he was immune to all kido even 90s kido. The DB also says he's immune to attacks after becoming transcendent. Kisuke also says their was no way to stop aizen. So based on that maybe you can argue he's immune to stop

Back