• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai Upgrades

We'll reserve the "much higher" with Bankai for those who have demonstrated an actual power increase.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
I mean, that is kinda unfair to the likes of Shunsui and Urahara with their status as one of the strongest captains in Bleach.
An "At least 7-A, likely higher" rating should suffice for characters. who are 7-A even in base.

The only real hax Bankai are Ichibei and Shunsui. And I'm sure we can give them both 'much higher' as well by scaling Shunsui to Unohana and Urahara, and Ichibei to Kenpachi.

Frantzy12 said:
I would assume Kenpachi has the highest the bankai multipler consdiering his body can't even handle it.
nah is the same issue when ichigo first got his bankai his bones were breaking down as well, this is probablybecuase they have not trainwith it, i meanitwas kenpachi first time and the difference in power between that ichigo and kenpachi is too massive so the side effects are that much more and byakuya did say it takes atleast 10 years to reach certain mastery over bankai then theres the development and maturity of bankai as seenwith Yamamoto 1000 years ago and his fight with Royd, same includes Shikai, rukia was using her Shikai as an Ice type after reaching captain level reitsu she used it completely different, Shikai and Bankai are just abilities the former a weaker type the latter the stronger type how its develop is up to the shinigami in question, byakuya retrained himself with shikai and developed it even further he did say that he forget about it because he already had bankai so training a weaker version seemed useless but after his power up his shikai did become miles stronger than his bankai was previously.

as for the whole 5x to 10x reitasu boost, i dont think anywhere in the manga stated a reaitsu boost, is a Combat boost, not reitsu. if that were teh case any captain level shinigami could awaken the hyougoku and teh fight of hitsugaya vs Shawlong would make no sense,plus several statements in HM with UNohana and ichigo and other instances, Spirit Power is the energy Pool of the shinigami, the shikai and bankai use that energy pool as power source, the higher the pool the stronger the attack,

ichigo mentioned that his getsuga absorbs his spirit/reaitsu then releases it highlycompress thus increasing its potency,

Back