• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach: AP = Durability = Reiatsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bother because it's inaccurate and fallacious. Thus I wish to rectify it, it overerates some AP and Durability for a couple characters.

You can use the Bleach verse page to find staff members to ask to comment here.

If that does not work, you can ask more of them via the VS Battles Staff page.

Anyway, I personally think that this seems to make sense, but am not the right person to ask, and it likely also conflicts with our standards that striking strength <= durability.

Dark649 said:
This thread needs to be Necro'd.
Majority disagreed. You can close it. It got rejected. It would building too much drama for the other verses as well. Is best to close it.

Majority actually agreed, even Soldier Blue had agreed with it. The only reason it hasn't been accepted was because Ant wanted Soldier to comment on the thread instead of stating his approval in a message wall.

If Soldier Blue accepted this change elsewhere, it should probably be fine to apply.

Can somebody remind me what this thread was about first though?

The thread was basically to rectify an incorrect unspoken rule about Bleach stats. Apparently Durability had to be equal to AP for all characters which affected revisions that would downgrade or upgrade one of the stats, conflicting with the other.

This was an issue since there are literally explicit mentions, statements, feats and databook statements in the series of how AP or Durability for a character would be higher or lower than the other.

Plus we already had some profiles with higher or lower AP/Durability, thus making our unspoken rule hypocritical.

Well, it is due to that the counterforce of Striking Strength attacks require comparable Durability to withstand, but since the Bleach characters use sharp weapons, I suppose that this point is moot to a degree.

@Ant; the principle of a Striking Strength requiring comparable Durability is a separate issue.

This issue was about the spiritual energy a character determining both their AP and durability to be equal automatically.

Okay. Never mind then. I suppose that this change can probably be carried out by experienced members.

The changes need to be carried out first.

Per the initial discussion between Damage3245, Soldier Blue, Peter Maximoff, Dr.Fix and I, we realized it doesn't affect that many profiles, the main issue was it causing problems with downgrades and upgrades.

For profiles that would be affected:

Ikkaku Madarame (His AP is listed on par with his Durability due to incorrect Reiatsu reasonings)

Edrad Liones (His Durability is higher with Resurreccion due to incorrect Reiatsu reasonings)

Sui-Feng (Her durability with Shunko in pre-timeskip is listed on par with her AP with Shunko due to incorrect Reiatsu reasonings)

The ironic thing is that these ratings aren't all wrong, it's just the reasoning is based on a incorrect assumption. I'm pretty sure a feat or scaling could be substituted that would justify the rating.

Okay. So do you have suggestions for how to fix this?

This was accepted and we were to roll out the applied changes.

That is most likely getting overruled though by the new multiplier thread that will be coming out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back