• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BlazBlue vs RWBY but it's fair. Probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Mei lead with in character? Because Ruby scales far, far above characters who can take 18 ton feats with little issue vs Mei's assisted 15 ton scaling

Ruby has an AP advantage but Mei has hax. Mei can immobilize Ruby, put a curse that puts her to sleep or makes her explode. I will vote Mei as these options give her an easy win.

She goes for immobilization. Though I think Ruby can dodge it. She spams it tho alongside energy beams.

But why though? She doesnt have prior knowledge of Ruby's abilities so she has no idea that Ruby has an invisible forcefield covering her whole body and has no reason to assume she does

Meanwhile Ruby can semblance her and oneshot

Because:

1) She isnt physically touching the aura, only throwing magic projectiles at it

2) Aura is skin-tight so even if she physically touched Ruby she almost definitely wouldnt notice it was there

Which still doesn't change the fact that she's still being able to make contact with the Aura. Which will depower Ruby when they hit.

There is no reason to assume she would just randomly depower Ruby when she doesnt even know Ruby has aura in the first place

Youre also assuming that she will be able to hit Ruby when Ruby is using her semblance

WeeklyBattles said:
What does Mei lead with in character? Because Ruby scales far, far above characters who can take 18 ton feats with little issue vs Mei's assisted 15 ton scaling
I mean I'm still holding off on that thread discussing how far ahead the 8-Bs are from the lancer feat

But yeah, a 15 Ton character will be hard-pressed to combat Ruby.

So uh, what's keeping Ruby from getting haxxed here

@Weekly if the power can nullify you on contact. It wouldn't matter at all if she didn't know it was invisible.

@Glass where is it stated to nullify on contact? From the scan on her profile its something that she needs to activate manually

Also if she's making contact with Ruby she's as good as dead as that means she's attempting to physically block an attack that can oneshot her

I don't think Ruby oneshots personally, but her scythe's slicing and bullet's piercing combined with a pretty decent AP advantage laugh at my skepticism.

I suppose it's just a matter of Mei's hax landing, then.

Don't trust wiki that much. She placed it on her second skin, basically her armor, not to the body itself. Wiki is just saying that Mei couldn't use it in Lost Memories because she used all of them during Code Embryo. She only has two.

You're talking to a guy who read the visual novel. And they aren't technically wrong, I mean, it's "skin", it's just that it's more of an armor rather than part of the body.

@Shiro If she used both of them canonically and doesnt have them anymore then she doesnt have them here

Okay, what? She is at condition at Code Embryo as well as Lost Memories. She had it at Code Embryo.

And don't get me wrong, I don't think she tries to null something she can't see. She needed info on how the Acht's skin works before she nulled it. I doubt she do the same to Aura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back