• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black hole and higher dimension

Threemagi

He/Him
I just read Honkai Impact manga where Welt fought a person wielding something which allow him to strike from higher dimension(s?). And Welt can find a way around that by making use of the fact that 'even higher dimension will still be subject to gravity'.

So, Higher dimensions (either temporal or spatial) are still subject to gravity, right? And thus subject to black holes.

Does this mean you can beat higher dimensional characters using black hole (based on RL physics)?

And if so, how does this fit with Reality-Fiction Interaction characters who can view reality as fiction/storybook?

What if... said 'higher fiction' character is said to be 'higher dimension' but not affected by black hole at all because 'black hole is just a drawing, and drawing cannot harm the drawer'?

Would they still be categorized as 'still within confines of dimensions but they simply have black hole resistance'?

I'm pretty sure based on String Theory, Gravity does comes from higher dimension and effect the whole cosmology, so yeah.

That moment was so cool. Seeing Welt nuking an entire higher dimension was so badass.

Anyways, Welt is able to manipulates the Singularity that created reality, including higher dimensions, and thanks to the power of Reason he can manipulates everything that he can understand.
By understanding how higher dimensions works, he was able to manipulate the gravity of said dimension and create a Singularity that nuked everything in it. That's also why Welt is High 1-C with his haxes.

So, to answer the question, higher dimensions are subject to gravity, but a normal Gravity Manipulation wont be enough considering that in a Reality - Fiction difference said gravity will be far superior than a 3rd or 4th dimensional gravity, or at least from my understanding.

I just read Honkai Impact manga where Welt fought a person wielding something which allow him to strike from higher dimension(s?). And Welt can find a way around that by making use of the fact that 'even higher dimension will still be subject to gravity'.

So, Higher dimensions (either temporal or spatial) are still subject to gravity, right? And thus subject to black holes.

Does this mean you can beat higher dimensional characters using black hole (based on RL physics)?

And if so, how does this fit with Reality-Fiction Interaction characters who can view reality as fiction/storybook?

What if... said 'higher fiction' character is said to be 'higher dimension' but not affected by black hole at all because 'black hole is just a drawing, and drawing cannot harm the drawer'?

Would they still be categorized as 'still within confines of dimensions but they simply have black hole resistance'?
Mathematical dimensional superiority and fictional superiority work a little differently so I'm not sure, but also, fictional excess and a 5D person are not much different in dealing damage when fighting a 5D mathematically. so it will be affected by higher dimensional black hole and gravity

Depends on which theory. In classical relativity, gravity is just 3+1 D spacetime curvature.

In some string theories it's 11D, but the higher dimensions are then microscopic. (i.e. it would be non-Tier 1 dimensions by our standards)

As far as I know no current theory predicts a gravity that spreads through affect large higher dimensions (as then it would not obey the inverse-square law at the large scale).

Back