• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Bolt physically

Black bolt should not just be physically comparable to iron man via handbooks. We've seen his master blow acknowledged to be equatable to hulk attacking.

IMO I'm bringing this up to say it should be changed to up to SS level using powers. Because his voice is not the only thing at that level albeit his strongest tool.

Also should his voice being able to rip through space-time be added to his profile?

I'm really not sure how scaling on this website works, it just seems to constantly fluctuate with no consistency. He's been shown to have been able to trade blows with Hulk, Gladiator, Thor, Thing, Namor. I have no idea why he's listed at high 7-A and as comparable to Iron Man when by feats he has actually been shown to operate at 4-B levels physically. Obviously he isn't a solar system buster physically (virtually no one in that category for Marvel is) but he's hurt 4-B opponents consistently, and 5-B.

Our Marvel profiles are largely outdated in cases when they scale from the handbooks. The problem is that officially he's just "class 60" physically, and Marvel is extremely inconsistent during matchups between characters.

It is possible that we should change his statistics though, but you should ask Sandman31 and Matthew Schroeder to give input here.

You go to their message walls, and politely ask them to give input here with a provided link.

You should provide feats for Black Bolt physically, though all of his more impressive feats are with his voice if I remember, from deflecting black holes, to shaking a planet, to hurting Thanos, and to blowing up a solar system.

Here are some feats for Black Bolt physically for an upgrade from 7-A.

Traded blows and been able to hurt Thor with his punches (He was beaten pretty badly in this fight though.)

Overpowered Gladiator

Again.

Could send the Hulk flying with a punch (I don't think this one is an outlier considering his other showings against 4-B opponents.)

Knocked the Thing down with one blow.

Sends the Thing flying

He also embarrassed Namor.

As seen here

And could harm the Sphinx who no-selled attacks from a Classic Thing.

Sphinx No-selling attacks

I think this would at least warrant an upgrade to 5-B (he was capable of winning pretty handily against both Namor and Thing) and should really be an upgrade to 4-B seeing as he could overpower Gladiator, trade blows and Hurt Thor ands send Hulk flying with a punch (there was context behind that though, he took advantage of Hulk's weak point.)

Overpowering Gladiator seems useful to scale from, yes.

Is somebody interested in updating the page?

Back