• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Binah vs The Sorrow - The Beyond

This came up in discord chats, thought it might be worth looking at.

Speed is equalised, both are 8-B of course. SBA etc etc

Dinah: 2

The Sorrow: 4

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Essentially, both can one-shot each other. Binah's WHITE, BLACK and PALE damage are all unresisted by The Sorrow and thus would absolutely obliterate him. On the other hand, BFR is not something that Binah can fight, as long as the Sorrow leaves Binah alone and does not try to fight her further.

Now both have potential issues with their winning move. Binah can't see the Sorrow, which is y'know, kinda important. Meanwhile, the Sorrow's range on their BFR, as well as the likeliness of him using it in this exact way first thing is questionable.

I'd like to see if someone knows how likely the Sorrow is to BFR that way, as well as the range on it. But for now, I'll go with Binah due to using Spikes first thing in character, which target every enemy around her, even ones that she doesn't see.

Trying to think didn't Sorrow BFR Naked Snake at the start of their 'fight'? Or was that cause Snake was already dying or smth?

It's really hard to tell what the Sorrow would do, because he's never in a serious fight- he didn't even intend to kill Naked Snake, just teach him a lesson. When actually seeking to kill Psycho Mantis, he immediately goes for the Soul Manip/BFR, but even then that might only be solely because he's a spirit. Still, it's the closest thing to an actual fight he has.

Wait, "Binah can summons spikes of darkness under opponents, dealing BLACK damage to them."

How tall are these spikes? Cause The Sorrow floats a good meter above the ground in his fight, and can go higher if he wants to ofc.

Well I mean considering this is a serious fight and Sorrow is in character but willing to kill due to SBA wouldn't he go for the stuff he did vs Mantis?

EDIT: So what does Binah have in terms of a body count as a rough estimate?

Definitely, yeah.

But seriously if the spikes aren't instant or super tall I'm pretty sure he can just dodge them lol, he is (or was) a very skilled soldier and his reaction speed is very high (and unless I'm mistaken on how speed equalization works, it should still be higher than the two's combat speed)

I'm not sure, I think stuff with separate speed ratings is still faster/slower, after all it's not like bullets go at human speed in gunfights between less-than-subsonic people

I'm not sure, I think stuff with separate speed ratings is still faster/slower, after all it's not like bullets go at human speed in gunfights between less-than-subsonic people
Last time i had this discussion, it does. Projectiles are down/upscaled in speed equal. Else you get person A blitzes with Lightspeed projectile.

I was on the receiving side of this rule, but it might be something people interpret differently as a flexible rule. just ask a mod who is seen in vs debates often for clarification.

The Sorrow's not gonna start the fight floating several meters above the ground. So I don't think it's super relevant.

It doesn't quite matter if he 'BFR's the opponent at the start if he's just going to keep brawling the opponent in the afterlife too. Only if he drops her there and then go do something else can it truly help. Any extended fight with her is definitively going to end as a loss, given how a stray blow from her can mindhax him into oblivion. So his best shot is really just taking her away.

Just curious here but how much of a body count does Binah have? Cause if its a lot then Sorrow is gonna have quite a lot of people to send her way

The Sorrow would immediately float up, though. Unless he needs to be at ground level for a reason or another, he seems to prefer being a bit above ground level.

Also "When their mental health gets low enough, opponents will go insane, either committing suicide, fleeing, or lashing out at everything around them." I assume, being an RPG, it's randomly one of these three? Because if he commits suicide, sure, that's a win for Binah, but if he flees, since they're in his BFR dimension, that's a win for him (even if he's left insane) and if he lashes out the fight goes on)

The Sorrow straight up opens with the BFR, which is most likely soul-related. The only reason he "fought" Naked was 1 to teach him a lesson and 2 to bring him back to life, he wouldn't normally do so. Add to this his precog and his Death Manip on contact
Don't forget about his summoning too, what's her body count?

The Sorrow has only ever been in 2 "fights", both of which he opened with BFR, so it's likely that he'll open with it, especially when you take his precog (which lets him see stuff decades in advance), Analytical prediction (which allows him to accurately predict the course of a fight) and info analysis (which gives him info about his opponent's powers) into account

Last edited:
Bump, so how high would Binah have in terms of a body count? That'll come into play if Sorrow decides to make her run the gauntlet

he summons all the people/animals the target has ever killed as intangible ghosts. They retain their powers

Though, they're pretty mindless, they mostly just rush at you. Either way if he just BFRs and goes to do something else that shouldn't be a problem.

Back