• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Vault Boy CRT (Fallout)

I've noticed how lacking our Vault Boy profile is, so I thought maybe I could make a CRT

First of all i feel we should be a bit specific about the equipment on his profile, and only use things seen in the Vault Boy cartoons, or things he is seen to use instead of just "any fallout weapon". We should also add weapons seen here, and here, and add enhanced perception. (VATS) Another thing that irks me is that tearing apart several ghouls in seconds isn't labelled as Wall level. in terms of abilities, we should add pain tolerance (from having a fork shoved into his eye), summoning and this as i'm not quite sure how to describe it. Also a big durability upgrade from surviving this explosion. also a potential intelligence upgrade, as here he was able to get the nuclear launch codes, and launch, well, a nuke.

So, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Generally a CRT should come with specific proposals referencing specific things.

Well I can see that you've edited it since I commented lol.

I'll go through it now, though you need two staff evaluations to put something through.

The profile is a little strange from the get-go, since it's not a real character but rather a dramaticized tutorial animation, essentially. Still, I would say only using what is shown in his cartoons is the way to go.

Weapon additions seem fine (except, perhaps, the Paddle Ball, hah). Does the Vault Boy use V.A.T.S.? I'm not actually familiar with Fallout lore so you'll have to bear with me, I've only played a bit of 4.

In terms of feats, that one brief cartoon appears to show the Vault Boy vaporizing that barbarian... Vault Boy, with a laser gun? That would be 9-A. So, perhaps "Varies, up to 9-A with weapons" would be a suitable rating for an armed Vault Boy. I don't see the feat of tearing apart ghouls in seconds, so if that was physical, that's another matter. Immediate edit: I see, the ghoul one is on his page already. It's... I don't know. It might be 9-B. Severing limbs and such can normally very easily fall within 9-C as well, however.

I can't speak on Pain Resistance, I don't know the video either.

That's not really Summoning, it is Transformation.

Did you input the wrong link for the explosion? It leads back to the weapon additions.

I don't think it would require significant intelligence to use a computer to launch the nuke, provided you had the codes. Disagree with that bit.

Vault Boy uses VATS indeed. I'm not exactly a Fallout wiz either, you're fine lol. I fixed the pain tolerance link, I personally think it's summoning considering that he's able to make people poof into existence by snapping his fingers. The OTHER link was transformation. at 5:35 is the explosion, I couldn't fix the link for some reason. Anyway I agree with everything else! I'll get another staff member's approval, then we gucci.

Back