• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Sword vs Muh Desires (Riven vs Riven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blood moon exists too, a sentient multiversal moon(I assume) that apparently spawns eldritch horrors as it feeds.

I don't see how that would have weirder thought processes, but that is not important anyway because it should still have desires.

I'm voting riven btw.

@Rocker I think you're misinterpreting how basic of a desire is required for Riven to begin using her mind abilities. She even manipulated the Gaurdians who went to kill her to an extent so she could grant her last wish. Through the whole Raid, her Siren keeps calling at the players with different voices.

Just wanting to defeat Riven is enough desire to get her abilities working

For now chalk me up to the new Destiny profile. Mindhax gg.

Grace starts.

Isn't one of the suggsverse characters just Ice Cube? Probably has mindhax.

Wokistan said:
Uh we can't assume she wants literally nothing. Happy people still have desires, even unconscious ones. You'd need an explicit statement of something like that.
This Riven isnt a person, she's the concept of Order. After she killed Yasuo there is nothing more for her to want. She's not a sentient being who wants to stay alive, her sole purpose for existing was to kill Yasuo and by extension Chaos and nothing else

WeeklyBattles said:
Wokistan said:
Uh we can't assume she wants literally nothing. Happy people still have desires, even unconscious ones. You'd need an explicit statement of something like that.
This Riven isnt a person, she's the concept of Order. After she killed Yasuo there is nothing more for her to want
Does League Riven not want to die, be eaten or even to not stop breathing?

then she still wants stuff

gonna need a citation on that

also why is this relevant?

make a post-Yasuo key and this will be, otherwise there is no reason to debate this

Weekly that's literally the same comic

I still see no evidence for League Riven having literally no desires whatsoever

My dude

Its stated right in the comic. Their only reason for existing is to oppose each other. Once one of them dies the other has no purpose. Their existence is to be a duality and without one the other has no reason to be.

Youre treating Riven as though she is a person when she's not. She's a literal concept.

why is post-Yasuo Riven even a thing if she disappears right after killing him then?

this doesn;t matter anyways because SBA says that both characters are willing to kill

aka Riven wants to kill Riven

that was entirely intentional btw

EDIT: Riven is specifically not a concept, just the embodiment of one

which means that argument doesn;t work or help anything

If Riven wants to kill Riven then how exactly does Riven get her mind hax off before Riven literally just looks at her?

Because Riven's mind hax is basically passive and even if it wasn't Riven can cause a time-loop on death that rezzes her

although i dunno if the latter will affect Riven

But has it shown to work on a 4-D being like Riven? Also Riven needs some serious updating seeing as this key is basically the same level of conceptual existence as Kindred

Riven's mind hax is > a literal universe trying to destroy your mind (Both with the Sea of Screams and the Ascendent Realm)

so yeah

Also wasn't it determined that wins via passive abilities the opponent cant resist are stomps?

Legitimate question because I remember that being discussed

Basically passive. The actual passive component isn't that far ranged.

I don't really care if this is considered a stomp because "insta mindhax gg" is pretty silly (cough cough making random people win against bill cipher due to random hax), but by our definitions I'm pretty sure this is technically not.

What is the passive component and how far does it go?

Also when she and Yasuo get updated they may get the same mind manip resistances as kindred, just as a heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back