• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Better Version for Matter Manipulation

In the wiki-side for matter manipluation: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Matter_Manipulation

We regard matter manipulation at subatomic scale as molecule manipulation, but i think we should define the power a little better (into Matter Manipulation on Molecule scale, Matter Maniplation on Atomic Scale and Matter Manipulation on Subatomic Scale)

First: the power to control objects on a very small scale with the power of your mind is telekinesis. Someone who got matter manipulation on scales bigger than molecule-lvl should "only" have telekinesis, albeit still a very powerful ability but not on the level where it manipulates the bindings that molecules have (usually they only appear as "controlling the shape" of the target, eg making dragon-heads out of water attacks or bird-bodys out of wind etc) (basically element manipulation but excluding fire/electricity/etc due to them being energy).

Now to Matter Manipulation on Molecule Level.

First, this is a molcule: A molecule is an electrically neutral group of two or more atoms held together by chemical bonds.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecule

If i have water (H2O) i could take away the bindings between the atoms. ergo, turn H2O into one H, another H and one O. I could also transform hydrogen and oxygen into water again. But i wont be able to change a O atom into a different atom (lets say oxygen atom into lead, that is only possible with atomic-scale matter manipulation).

Matter manipulation on Atomic Scale.

This is a atom: An atom is the smallest constituent unit of ordinary matter that has the properties of a chemical element.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom

As the example above: If i have water i could turn it into 2 H's and one O, and back into water again. Obviously it would have the same abilitys as matter manipulation on molecular scale BUT it has a big advantage.

It can change the atom itself! It could turn water into gold because this power would make the user capable of messing around with the 3 substances that create a atom: neutrons, electrons and protons. And as im sure most of us know, they composition is what decides if a atom is "oxygen", "lead", "silver", "gold" etc.

That means that the users could also turn gold into wood or human flesh into stone. (Beings like Sir Crocodil or Smoker would be defeated with this power but not Sabo/Ace or Enel who turn into energy-forms)

Matter Manipulation on Sub-Atomic scale.

this is a subatomic particle: In the physical sciences, subatomic particles are particles much smaller than atoms.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subatomic_particle

In short: Molecules are made out of atoms. Atoms are made out of protons, neutrons and electrons. And protons, neutrons and electrons are made out of quarks.

Quarks are particles where it is still unknown of they are made out of other particles or not, they are the "most fundamental bricks" that create matter.

And this is the field of the sub-atomic manipulation.

I have no good definition for it but it would of course have atomic and molecular lvl abilitys.

If i would be forced to name a power unique to them than that they could destroy something into "nothing".

And not like vaporization or so. They could rip apart any atom in the target and even the protons, neutrons and electrons would vanish. Ergo, even beings that can turn into energy would be destroyed. (like Enel from one piece).

At subatomic sclae even matter manipulation deals with energy control: Electric charge is a characteristic property of many subatomic particles.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_charge#Overview

If anyone has something to add or correct feel free to do it :)

I think that this seems reasonable, but somebody would have to perform the changes. I will ask Reppuzan about it.

In hindsight, the page is in need of a rewrite due to how vague it is and inaccurate some of the descriptions are.

I'll have to handle it later since it's late where I am, but I would like to take these suggestions in mind.

What I'm taking from this is:

1) Redefine Matter Manipulation as being Molecular-level and below and explaining it in terms of manipulating molecular and atomic bonds and atoms rather than simply matter (since every physical ability affects matter in a way).

2) Create separate sections describing different levels of Matter Manipulation.

3) Provide examples of each.

Reppuzan said:
1) Redefine Matter Manipulation as being Molecular-level and below and explaining it in terms of manipulating molecular and atomic bonds and atoms rather than simply matter (since every physical ability affects matter in a way).

2) Create separate sections describing different levels of Matter Manipulation.

3) Provide examples of each.
pretty much all that :)

very good,

if possible can we add a short example to what a matter manipulator on the different lvls could do to a certain element? (it would make the understanding a lot easier)

as a example water would work very well,

molecule scale would "only" be able to turn water into hydrogen and oxygen and back again,

atomic scale would allow the user to transform water into gold or blood etc., and it should be noted that energy (at least electricity) can be manipulated at that lvl too since electrons going from one atom to another is what creates electricity in a nutshell, and matter manipulation at atomic scale would allow the control of the three particles which includes electrons...

and subatomic scale:

to give a short understanding of another elementary particle except for quarks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boso

in short: higgs boson are elementary particle (the scale at which subatomic scale is), and they are the very reason why a object has mass, and i think we all know that mass is a central part of gravitation, and according to todays physical understanding gravitation comes from space-distortion stuff (at that point my guesswork happens so i stop here)

in any case,

to make it short, at subatomic scale the user could make the water get more mass, ergo make it heavier and that even to the point where the whole earth starts spinning around it, and with enough mass it would collapse into itself (and as far as i understood) create a black hole even if it was in reality only a single drop of water ^_^

i hope i could explain it well enough, questions and corrections are always welcome,

can we add a (little smaller) version of this to the site?

I made a few minor structure changes, but think that the page looks fine. Thank you for the help.

I definitely like the new look of the Matter page. It's more fleshed out and detailed and it tells the different levels of skill(?) and potency(?) when manipulating such a power. *Nods*

Back