• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Better explanations for scaling?

It has happened too many times: I go on character A's page, and find that it says he's Z level. According to the page, he is Z level because he is comparable to characters B, C, and D, and that's all the information provided on character A's page. So, I check character B's page, and find that he is only Z level because he is comparable to character A.

I get what character A is doing on character B's page, especially if character A is a protagonist, but why is character B listed on character A's page? Even if there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for the stats on characters C and/or D, it's a complete guessing game which one it is. If character B is only Z level because he is comparable to character A, then character B has nothing to do with why character A is Z level.

Two particular Character As who come to mind are Geno and Kenshin. Character Bs include Peach (along with possibly Smithy) and Saito. All of these characters are only on their respective levels because they scale to characters I did not list, like Mario and whoever the heck makes Kenshin building level.

(I'm inclined to disagree with the scaling itself in Geno's case, but that's a concern for another thread.)

Maybe instead of saying "Scales to these guys," causing users to go on a wild goose chase to see just what set these star level dominoes into motion, pages should instead say "Scales to this guy who did this," the character's name taking you to his or her page and the feat mentioned linked as well. Maybe some explanation for why they scale would be necessary as well, but if that takes up too much space, then we could at least explain why scalinng to character B makes them Z level.

Regrettably, this wiki is not perfect, and the staff do not remotely have the resources to go through all of the profiles to fix scaling issues. We have to handle each of them one by one.

Back