• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Berserk Upgrades: Gut's and Nosferatu Zodd

I don't think that ignores conventional durability at all. I just think that it means he can fight intangible beings.

Being able to damage someones spiritual body should be in the regions of ignoring conventional durability. Especially if it does not have any resistance to this type of weapon.

He didn't do it to a regular human, he did it to a spiritual being. The thing he was fighting was the one that could deal soul damage

Isnt what Guts done to Slan the exact thing she done to him? Plus Guts is only able to harm this intangible/non corporal being by harming her spiritual body (shown when the arm canon done less amount of damage than Dragonslayer impaling her)

How does one cause damage to a non corporeal being without harming their spirtual body? I don't really know any other way for Guts to have caused damage aside from that. Also it's pretty much been said that Dragonslayer is able to harm the spiritual/astral body here

Well, on second thought I find it very difficult to recall any moments where he struggles to slice people/apostles in half post Ganishka. Most likely due to the soul dying that has effects which deteriorates the body rapidly . Or may be PIS as Schrieke clearly implies Guts can use Dragonslayer to deal astral damage.

I am going to go on a limb and say that the Massively Hypersonic combat/reaction speeds are accepted, as there appears to be no opposition towards it at all. This is a new speed proposition

Speed: Hypersonic+ (Was able to blitz Wyald) | Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic combat/reaction speeds (was able to react to, and move his sword whilst lightning was coming at him) | High Hypersonic with Higher reaction/combat speeds

Key: Golden Age | Black Swordsman | Berserker Armour

I think this should be good.

Since the high hypersonic is actually a combat speed calc for the same lightning dodging battle, I would rather the last one be hypersonic+ with massively hypersonic combat/reaction speeds.

it is hypersonic+ with massively hypersonic reaction/combat speed (likely higher than base)

Again, I've never seen it done on a normal human...it seems more like an intangible hitting ability.

Slan being able to harm someones astral body is exactly what Dragonslayer can do. And when you factor in that Guts can cleave down multiple monsters whilst he was "half asleep" which could be an effect of their spiritual bodies being damaged.

Don't really see the problem here, if a weapon/being is shown to have such feats I am not sure why a normal human should be factored in.

But anyways, mind if you unlocked the page to add in the speed stuff etc, I also have a rendered version of the Guts picture.

Because that would go the same for bleach characters, who interact with souls directly? We don't quite rate like that I think.

I have very little knowledge with the Bleach verse so I cant really fathom a comparison between the two. But if you're talking about a soul based entity vs a soul based entity then that's not what Dragonslayer does at all. Slan was a physical being as shown when she took a hit from the arm canon, but was severely injured once Dragonslayer impaled her.

But yeah, is there any prerequisites for a weapon to have soul damaging properties etc? Never really thought about it until now.

I mean, it may be able to harm the soul, but does that stop Regenerationn? It also doesn't seem to bypass durability, because it can still be blocked.

Dragonslayer may be able to be blocked because weapons do not really inhabit a soul for Dragonslayer to cut through, so it relies on Guts strength to cut through them. However this is only the case if humans/living beings are the only thing which contain astral bodies in the Berserk verse which I am not 100% about.

I don't believe Regenerationn is possible with damage to the astral body, Guts was healed up physically but due to astral damage he collapsed onto the floor etc.

But yeah, it does not flat out ignore durability, but can harm the soul of the target it's swung at. However the strength of the soul being cut is a huge factor in whether Dragonslayer can go through it or not imo.

Well, I think the best thing to say is this

Dragon Slayer: A powerful sword capable of cutting through solid steel and apostle's whose skin is tougher than steel. After this sword has been bathed in the blood of thousands of demons/apostles it has gained the ability to harm the astral body of it's opponent.

Alakabamm said:
It still doesn't ignore durability
I admitted this, however it's very clear that Dragonslayer is able to harm the soul as shown within the scans I have provided. Whether or not harming something's soul ignores durability or not is something I am not to aware of, but this should still be added into his profile. Along with the speed upgrades etc.

In that case, this has now reached a conclusion. Would you mind unlocking the page so I can add in upgrades,descriptions and a rendered profile image. It will be appreciated.

The kinetic energy of Guts swinging Dragonslayer

0.5 x255 x 43801^2 = 244612269128 joules or 58 tons of tnt

0.5 x 263 x 43801^2 = 252286379532 or 60 tons of tnt

Either way, it would still be an upgrade for Guts dc.

Should I add Dragonslayers kinetic energy onto Guts profile rather than the City Block calc we already have? The calculation was also more about Shierke's magical power rather than Gut's brute strength so it may not really scale to him.

I think Guts being able to take beatings from Zodd,Gurenbeld and many other apostles would justify a City Block durability for the Black Swordsma Guts, any objections to this?

Back